04-10-2013 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: this makes me cringe
Ugh! I'd bet a pretty large some of money that won't happen. Well, I don't really have much money, but I'd bet pretty much everything I had against that happening.

04-10-2013 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
That is what you get for reading Bleacher Report.

04-10-2013 01:36 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(04-10-2013 01:36 PM)subflea Wrote:  That is what you get for reading Bleacher Report.

Since when was the Bleacher Report Nostradamus?
No way that all happens especially #14.
CBJ will get his nose bloodied this year.

(BTW how come it seems to be an unwritten rule that when a new coach takes over everyone assumes it will be a down rebuilding/transition year but CBJ having to build the UT program in the SEC is predicted to be the COY? Makes no sense.)

I do think the SEC will win the National Championship again not that it takes Nostradamus type predicting to prognosticate that. Until some other team steps up and proves otherwise the SEC rules.

04-10-2013 01:46 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
#14 is a riot - CBJ is going to get smacked hard year one.

The bigger question is whether he can break into the upper 4 or even top 5 of the league by year 3. OR at the very least bring in top 10-15 level national recruiting classes that would support the idea that he is on his way to the top quarter of the league.

Because if he can't he is absolutely and for sure - gone.

04-10-2013 03:52 PM
Advertisement

Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Braxton wins the heisman - did Manziell get hit by a bus or something?

04-10-2013 03:57 PM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
When i say cringe i mean YEA RIGHT LOL

But i found the butch thing WAY off mark. Heres how i see it.

UC was a HOT place to be when Butch took the job here. What did he do his first year here? win 4 games..congrats

UT is in turmoil and have been since before Lane Kiffen. They have been a Bad team in the basement of the SEC for a few years now. And some idiot really has the nerve to say yep..Butch will win Coach of the year.

I bet he doesnt even win 6 games

04-10-2013 04:09 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(04-10-2013 01:36 PM)subflea Wrote:  That is what you get for reading Bleacher Report.

Amen. Profile for the author: http://bleacherreport.com/users/297683-amy-daughters

All you need to know:

Quote:Favorite Sports Teams

Texas Tech Red Raiders, Washington Redskins

04-10-2013 04:28 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(04-10-2013 04:09 PM)coachpipe Wrote:  When i say cringe i mean YEA RIGHT LOL

But i found the butch thing WAY off mark. Heres how i see it.

UC was a HOT place to be when Butch took the job here. What did he do his first year here? win 4 games..congrats

UT is in turmoil and have been since before Lane Kiffen. They have been a Bad team in the basement of the SEC for a few years now. And some idiot really has the nerve to say yep..Butch will win Coach of the year.

I bet he doesnt even win 6 games

Don't forget the fact that they lost their QB, both contributing WR's, a TE, and two OLmen this year. Sounds like a recipe for success right there!

04-10-2013 04:46 PM
Advertisement

True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I laughed out loud at few of those "stories."

04-10-2013 08:12 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-10-2013 01:46 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

(BTW how come it seems to be an unwritten rule that when a new coach takes over everyone assumes it will be a down rebuilding/transition year but CBJ having to build the UT program in the SEC is predicted to be the COY? Makes no sense.)

I do think the SEC will win the National Championship again not that it takes Nostradamus type predicting to prognosticate that. Until some other team steps up and proves otherwise the SEC rules.

The SEC Dominence will continue until the NCAA goes thru their books and realizes that most never did go to classes. Then the trouble begins.

04-10-2013 08:49 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(04-10-2013 08:49 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  

The SEC Dominence will continue until the NCAA goes thru their books and realizes that most never did go to classes. Then the trouble begins.

books? i don't think the ncaa knows what those are

04-10-2013 09:55 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2013 09:55 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 08:49 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  

books? i don't think the ncaa knows what those are

The NCAA knows what they are. They've been burning rule books for years now.

04-11-2013 07:50 AM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Just saw a local kid from my home town of Minster signed with Butch and Tennessee. He's the top tight end prospect in Ohio in next year's senior class, and he would not even consider Cincinnati when Butch was here, but he's willing to go to Tennessee. I'm slightly disappointed, but it is better than him going to one of the B1G schools like I figured he would.

Now I might have to root for Tennessee a little. Crap.

04-11-2013 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(04-11-2013 09:36 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Just saw a local kid from my home town of Minster signed with Butch and Tennessee. He's the top tight end prospect in Ohio in next year's senior class, and he would not even consider Cincinnati when Butch was here, but he's willing to go to Tennessee. I'm slightly disappointed, but it is better than him going to one of the B1G schools like I figured he would.

I don't even know you, but I will hate you if you do.

04-11-2013 09:42 AM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(04-11-2013 09:42 AM)MickMack Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 09:36 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Just saw a local kid from my home town of Minster signed with Butch and Tennessee. He's the top tight end prospect in Ohio in next year's senior class, and he would not even consider Cincinnati when Butch was here, but he's willing to go to Tennessee. I'm slightly disappointed, but it is better than him going to one of the B1G schools like I figured he would.

I don't even know you, but I will hate you if you do.

this made me lol05-stirthepot

04-11-2013 09:52 AM
mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
After reviewing the articles she's written in the past, it looks like she just writes "fluff" stories and wants to promote discussion/arguments on message boards. In that respect, she's fairly successfull; however, she's mostly incorrect.

Here's one on her 2012 Pre-season Top 25 prediction:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10677...ll/page/26

USC #1? Arkansas #8? WVU #11? Texas #13? Auburn #18?

04-11-2013 12:05 PM
Advertisement

Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
IMO if he can get Tennessee to 6-6 this year he probably should be up for SEC coach of the year. That is how bad Derek Dooley buried that program in his 3 years there.

04-11-2013 12:52 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I've seen that kid play. He is the real deal. Way better prospect than some of these "highly rated" Cincy kids. Outside of a few kids like Daniel Cage at Winton Woods I think the Cincy prospects in the '14 class in general are being way overated by some of these sites (Scout in particular).

04-11-2013 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.