Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ND to ACC worth $1 million/school
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
ND to ACC worth $1 million/school
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...l-annually

Gets back to the numbers originally reported that the Notre Dame deal brings ACC up to around $18 million. This means the ND games add $15 million in value, which makes a lot more sense than the $2.5 million figures thrown around ($37.5 million when the whole NBC package is only $15 million).
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 05:06 PM by bullet.)
04-09-2013 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
RE: ND to ACC worth $1 million/school
(04-09-2013 05:05 PM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...l-annually

Gets back to the numbers originally reported that the Notre Dame deal brings ACC up to around $18 million. This means the ND games add $15 million in value, which makes a lot more sense than the $2.5 million figures thrown around ($37.5 million when the whole NBC package is only $15 million).

Can't dispute the increased ACC dollars.

I do have one comment. That $15 million is the old 2010 deal. It ends in 2015.

It is going to go up substantially when/if ND renews the deal soon.
04-09-2013 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Also in the article was the mention of an ACC Network with ESPN...interesting...
04-09-2013 09:56 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
ACC has to hold out for 2 more years and then they will get the pay day that will end a lot of the mutiny talk
04-09-2013 09:58 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
most sane estimates have been 1-2m
'more than 1m' makes sense
04-09-2013 10:08 PM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Don't get too caught up in the moment gentlemen. Keep in mind, Notre Dame will keep all of it's bowl money and share nothing with other members in the 2013 football season not to mention take the prime bowl spot from the league. Most articles written indicate that if Notre Dame played in the BCS championship this year, it would have taken in 23.1 million rather than the 2 million it shared with the Big East. That is the total share of ACC dollars as opposed to an ACC team like Clemson playing in the national title game. Clemson would be obligated to share it's winnings with other ACC teams. With Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, I see Notre Dame taking the ACC top bowl year after year. So the dollars your adding are speculation, not realized added value.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 04:53 AM by Vewb1.)
04-10-2013 04:50 AM
Advertisement

JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
(04-10-2013 04:50 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  Don't get too caught up in the moment gentlemen. Keep in mind, Notre Dame will keep all of it's bowl money and share nothing with other members in the 2013 football season not to mention take the prime bowl spot from the league. Most articles written indicate that if Notre Dame played in the BCS championship this year, it would have taken in 23.1 million rather than the 2 million it shared with the Big East. That is the total share of ACC dollars as opposed to an ACC team like Clemson playing in the national title game. Clemson would be obligated to share it's winnings with other ACC teams. With Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, I see Notre Dame taking the ACC top bowl year after year. So the dollars your adding are speculation, not realized added value.

ND would keep their own bowl money but the ACC doesn't lose any. FSU still plays in the Orange Bowl as conf champion. ND doesn't get a cut of ACC bowl money either
04-10-2013 05:38 AM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
(04-10-2013 04:50 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  Don't get too caught up in the moment gentlemen. Keep in mind, Notre Dame will keep all of it's bowl money and share nothing with other members in the 2013 football season not to mention take the prime bowl spot from the league. Most articles written indicate that if Notre Dame played in the BCS championship this year, it would have taken in 23.1 million rather than the 2 million it shared with the Big East. That is the total share of ACC dollars as opposed to an ACC team like Clemson playing in the national title game. Clemson would be obligated to share it's winnings with other ACC teams. With Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, I see Notre Dame taking the ACC top bowl year after year. So the dollars your adding are speculation, not realized added value.

not correct
04-10-2013 05:47 AM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
Nice little increase...however, the ACC had to sell its soul for it, going against it's soapbox statements about "equal revenue sharing"....basically admitting the ACC was no different than the Big East or Big 12.

As well, the gap will get wider between the B1G and SEC very soon. This may limit any losses to just those leagues, but the losses will likely continue in the long run.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 06:40 AM by HP-TBDPITL.)
04-10-2013 06:24 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

Vewb1:

ND kept all of its bowl money for playing in the BCS Championship game. It did not share anything with the Big East. It made a lot more than $2 million from that game.

"How much BCS money can Notre Dame expect to cash in on if its team continues to perform? Relying upon BCS figures from 2011-12, if Notre Dame plays in a BCS bowl game (i.e., the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl and BCS National Championship Game), the school will receive $6.1 million."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop...otre-dame/
04-10-2013 06:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
(04-10-2013 06:24 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Nice little increase...however, the ACC had to sell its soul for it, going against it's soapbox statements about "equal revenue sharing"....basically admitting the ACC was no different than the Big East or Big 12.

As well, the gap will get wider between the B1G and SEC very soon. This may limit any losses to just those leagues, but the losses will likely continue in the long run.

It is equal revenue sharing for all sports that Notre Dame is a member of the conference for.

In football, it's just a scheduling agreement. Notre Dame keeps the money it makes on its TV contract and bowl. The ACC keeps the money it makes on its TV contract and bowls. Notre Dame has a home for their other sports on the east coast where so many alumni live. The ACC gets a TV boost because of Notre Dame and more people in their stadiums as well.
04-10-2013 07:19 AM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(04-10-2013 07:19 AM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:24 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Nice little increase...however, the ACC had to sell its soul for it, going against it's soapbox statements about "equal revenue sharing"....basically admitting the ACC was no different than the Big East or Big 12.

It is equal revenue sharing for all sports that Notre Dame is a member of the conference for.

In football, it's just a scheduling agreement. Notre Dame keeps the money it makes on its TV contract and bowl. The ACC keeps the money it makes on its TV contract and bowls. Notre Dame has a home for their other sports on the east coast where so many alumni live. The ACC gets a TV boost because of Notre Dame and more people in their stadiums as well.

ND shares ACC non-BCS bowl money. If having ND causes the ACC to sign an above average bowl, then having ND increases the per team ACC bowl payout. Otherwise, it decreases it.
04-10-2013 07:36 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I still find it interesting that Jack Swarbrick (after talking for months about both) has suddenly gone into complete radio silence about the NBC renewal (usually done by now in past contracts) that expires in 2015 and about the stand alone, digital "Irish Network" that is one of his pet projects.

ND to ESPN?

ND's Irish Network subsumed into an ACC digital network?
04-10-2013 03:20 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(04-10-2013 03:20 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I still find it interesting that Jack Swarbrick (after talking for months about both) has suddenly gone into complete radio silence about the NBC renewal (usually done by now in past contracts) that expires in 2015 and about the stand alone, digital "Irish Network" that is one of his pet projects.

ND to ESPN?

actually just looked-
the 2011-15 extension was signed in June 2008. So, an extension for 2016 same time would be in 2 months time. The 2006-10 extension was signed in December 2003. So it's not late at all quite frankly...
04-10-2013 03:25 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

But Jack Swarbrick was saying as far back as last June that the deal was imminent.

I can see that ND's 12-0 regular season and its high TV ratings upped the ante, but everything else but the price should be fairly easy issues to come to terms.

NBC wanted a longer term, ND wanted a short term deal. They would likely split the difference.

Swarbrick was talking a lot about the deal being close until just a couple of months ago.

Now...crickets.
04-10-2013 03:54 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(04-10-2013 03:54 PM)TerryD Wrote:  But Jack Swarbrick was saying as far back as last June that the deal was imminent.

I can see that ND's 12-0 regular season and its high TV ratings upped the ante, but everything else but the price should be fairly easy issues to come to terms.

NBC wanted a longer term, ND wanted a short term deal. They would likely split the difference.

Swarbrick was talking a lot about the deal being close until just a couple of months ago.

Now...crickets.

Yep... Been wondering what's up myself. He made it sound like it would've been wrapped up by now.
04-10-2013 04:07 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-10-2013 04:07 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 03:54 PM)TerryD Wrote:  But Jack Swarbrick was saying as far back as last June that the deal was imminent.

Now...crickets.

Yep... Been wondering what's up myself. He made it sound like it would've been wrapped up by now.

The SEC network has been just around the corner for about 16 months now. The Big 12 TV deal was done and then took nearly a year to get signed.
04-10-2013 04:13 PM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(04-10-2013 03:20 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I still find it interesting that Jack Swarbrick (after talking for months about both) has suddenly gone into complete radio silence about the NBC renewal (usually done by now in past contracts) that expires in 2015 and about the stand alone, digital "Irish Network" that is one of his pet projects.

ND to ESPN?

TerryD,
There was some talk about a year ago of a combined ACC/ND network. The person that was giving me the information said that Notre Dame did not have enough content to support a network on their own (lesson of the LHN?) and was looking to partner with the ACC.
The longer that NBC contract goes un-renewed...........................
04-10-2013 04:13 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
So Notre Dame is worth somewhere around 18 million to the ACC it seems.

It is funny to see all the hate about the ACC deal on here.

A few thoughts I have. Notre Dame will be of help improving the ACC's lineup in the upcoming bowl game reshuffle that is bound to happen. Yes they get a share just like Duke does. Unlike Duke they actually help secure bigger name bowls for the conference. They do get to keep their BCS money. They always have gotten to keep it so I am not too bent out of shape over it. If they make the Orange Bowl the ACC gets more money.

Notre Dame never has played Virginia Tech. Now we have Notre Dame on the schedule every three years. Most of the fans are pretty excited about that.

Notre Dame's Olympic sports are some of the strongest in the country. They'll help add quality content to any potential channel that might be started.

Of course it would be better if they were a football member. Having the choice between the current arrangement and no affiliation, I would choose the current agreement every time. We all get paid, access to better bowls, high quality opponent in Olympic sports, and a game against ND every three years. I don't see any downsides.
04-10-2013 04:14 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(04-09-2013 09:56 PM)Maize Wrote:  Also in the article was the mention of an ACC Network with ESPN...interesting...

Yup. Big Ten Network is likley to increase its inventory when the Big-10 renews its deal in a couple of years. The SEC Network is about to start broadcasting. A new ACC network may be in the works. I think I now see where the ESPN family of networks intends to get 40-60 slots for AAC football games in 2014.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 04:17 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-10-2013 04:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.