Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

unbelievable gun story
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
unbelievable gun story
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/...s-it-back/

Developing story, but the overreaction by the teacher and cops is astounding. Even gun hating liberals should be frightened how this situation escalated.
04-04-2013 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: unbelievable gun story
No need to worry, the ACLU will bring an army of lawyers to defend his Constitutional rights.
04-04-2013 06:28 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Sounds like the teacher definitely overreacted. The kid shouldn't even get suspended from school. Just sit him down, give him a stern talking, and move on.
04-04-2013 08:18 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(04-04-2013 06:28 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  No need to worry, the ACLU will bring an army of lawyers to defend his Constitutional rights.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

ON a more serious note, this stuff needs to stop. People are way too uptight and need to relax!!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 08:44 PM by pharaoh0.)
04-04-2013 08:30 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(04-04-2013 08:18 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Sounds like the teacher definitely overreacted. The kid shouldn't even get suspended from school. Just sit him down, give him a stern talking, and move on.

It would be one thing to suspend the kid if he was a teenager, but any reasonable adult knows a ten year old doesnt need to be punished so severely. Calling the cops on a grade schooler is a little severe. Id like to see a bill passed like in Md that would limit such actions.
04-04-2013 08:53 PM
pharaoh0 Offline

(04-04-2013 08:53 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 08:18 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Sounds like the teacher definitely overreacted. The kid shouldn't even get suspended from school. Just sit him down, give him a stern talking, and move on.

It would be one thing to suspend the kid if he was a teenager, but any reasonable adult knows a ten year old doesnt need to be punished so severely. Calling the cops on a grade schooler is a little severe. Id like to see a bill passed like in Md that would limit such actions.

But do you really need a bill...maybe some common sense. This is happening way too much. There was the one kid that pretended to be a good guy and save the world with his imaginary grenades and he was suspended. There was the paper gun kid that was suspended. And, wasn't there a hello kitty bubble gun or something that got a girl suspended.

In the grand scheme of things, school shooting are very, very rare. The chance that you (as a teacher) have stumbled upon the future treanchcoat-type kids at Columbine is very unlikely. So, people need to take a step back and maybe have a conversation first before involving the police and making a federal case.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 09:31 PM by pharaoh0.)
04-04-2013 09:30 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(04-04-2013 09:30 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

But do you really need a bill...maybe some common sense. This is happening way too much. There was the one kid that pretended to be a good guy and save the world with his imaginary grenades and he was suspended. There was the paper gun kid that was suspended. And, wasn't there a hello kitty bubble gun or something that got a girl suspended.

In the grand scheme of things, school shooting are very, very rare. The chance that you (as a teacher) have stumbled upon the future treanchcoat-type kids at Columbine is very unlikely. So, people need to take a step back and maybe have a conversation first before involving the police and making a federal case.

I want a bill to hold teachers and administrators responsible. Right now there aren't consequences to their actions.
04-04-2013 09:36 PM
Advertisement

pharaoh0 Offline

(04-04-2013 09:36 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 09:30 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  

I want a bill to hold teachers and administrators responsible. Right now there aren't consequences to their actions.

It shouldn't take that if most of these teachers and administrators were actually responsible. But, I understand and agree with your point.
04-04-2013 09:42 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(04-04-2013 09:42 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  It shouldn't take that if most of these teachers and administrators were actually responsible. But, I understand and agree with your point.

The number of dunderheads sitting in school administrative positions is staggering, along with the number of dumb moves on their part. What they worry about most is job security and not getting sued.

If there ever was a situation begging for a monster lawsuit, I'd say that this might be it. Get a really good lawyer and start filing. Of course, not knowing NY laws, they may have shield laws that make suing them nearly impossible, depending on the entity targeted.
04-05-2013 01:46 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Not as unbelievable as what is going on with this site - See Rebel thread and closing timing.

Nice chatting with you guys. I have a feeling this is coming to an end very soon.
04-05-2013 01:47 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(04-05-2013 01:47 PM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  Not as unbelievable as what is going on with this site - See Rebel thread and closing timing.

Nice chatting with you guys. I have a feeling this is coming to an end very soon.

So you do believe George Soros and/or Warren Buffet just bought this site and are going to close us down?
04-05-2013 04:18 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(04-05-2013 01:47 PM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  Not as unbelievable as what is going on with this site - See Rebel thread and closing timing.

Nah....GTS will apply for funds to build a green, planet friendly site. Obama will give him $500 million and fly out in AF1 to proudly tell the world how his spending investing in green jobs will undo the 10,000 year long period of global warming and in a few years North America will once again be covered by a glacier.
04-05-2013 08:03 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Well, the pages are recyclable, and I only use pre-used words, most of the time used phrases and pictures.
Solyndra got $538 Million, so could see 1/2 Billion for this if we start utilizing green fonts.
If GTS employs one person that would be 1/500Million so sounds @ right as far as money to
jobs created for King O. Maybe we will have 88,001 jobs created for May.
04-06-2013 06:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.