About 20-24 scouts were in attendance.

04-04-2013 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Travis Kelce NFL Workout Video
That is many scouts for 1 guy. Lots of interest.

04-04-2013 12:39 PM
Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
When will the numbers be posted on each drill to see how he stacks up with everyone else.

04-04-2013 12:47 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-04-2013 12:47 PM)Mark Wolfram Wrote:  When will the numbers be posted on each drill to see how he stacks up with everyone else.

Paul Dehner Jr. been posting some on twitter.

He ran a 4.65 40, 3rd best of TEs at combine, and the two lower times were from guys weighing 11+ pounds less.

37 Inch Vertical was second among TEs at combine

04-04-2013 05:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
You know what is funny to do? When the deli guy on the Arby's ad says "GET OUTTA HERE!", keep dragging the bar back. It comes of as a "GET OUTTA HERE!" dance mix.

04-04-2013 09:16 PM
Advertisement

bctn8n Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
(04-04-2013 09:16 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  You know what is funny to do? When the deli guy on the Arby's ad says "GET OUTTA HERE!", keep dragging the bar back. It comes of as a "GET OUTTA HERE!" dance mix.

That guy sounds like the Aflac duck

04-05-2013 06:25 AM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Judges by the Team gear I see Bengals, Ravens, Redskins, Colts amongst viewers.

04-05-2013 10:29 AM
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

Donators
This in the Bengals Blog today:

Quote:ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. still thinks UC’s George Winn is one of the more underrated players in the draft.

Said Kiper of Winn, who could go in the fifth or sixth round: “I like the fact that he improved in other key areas, on the receiving and blocking and all the things you need to do. I like the way he runs hard. I think he plays a lot faster and he’s quicker when he times. You think about what he is physically, moving forward, I think he can hold up in this league.”

Kiper has UC wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins being a late-round pick and defensive end Dan Giordano going in the late rounds or being a priority free agent.

The first Bearcat drafted this year is likely to be tight end Travis Kelce, but his stock has slipped a bit due to an abdominal injury suffered in January. Kelce had his workout for scouts Thursday, but Kiper thinks Kelce won’t go until the fourth round.

“He is in a tight end group really you look at and it’s developed some depth, a little bit better than I think you would have thought on paper,” Kiper said. “What I like about him, he’s got pretty good run after the catch ability. This is a kid when he snags that ball and gets in the open field with his size and his athleticism can do some damage.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130...ions-Smith

04-09-2013 11:35 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
Quote:Kelce is rated No. 69 on the prospect ranking of NFL Network analyst Gil Brandt.

Buffalo News on Kelce

Mayock says R2:

Quote:...THE RISER

Travis Kelce, Cincinnati (6-5, 255)

40-time: 4.62

225 bench: NA

Round Projection: 2

Mayock: "He's going to end up going in the second round. There were some questions about him off the field and some durability issues. But I think he's addressed a lot of that. Most people have bought into him. The tape is pretty darn good. This kid can go deep. He catches the football. He's really athletic. And he'll also compete in the blocking.

"He helped himself this year as much as any prospect in the country as far as coming from off the radar to become a top 75 pick."...

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 06:59 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
04-09-2013 06:58 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

Donators
Cowboys' Potential Draft Pick: Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

[Image: 156595679.jpg]
CINCINNATI, OH - NOVEMBER 17: Travis Kelce #18 of the Cincinnati Bearcats catches a pass against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights during the game at Nippert Stadium on November 17, 2012 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Rutgers won 10-3. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Quote:Cincinnati tight end Travis Kelce showed lots of promise as a freshman in 2009 before getting suspended for the entire 2010 season due to a violation of team rules. He came into the 2012 season with just 14 career receptions before going off for 45 catches, 722 yards, and eight touchdowns as a senior.

Scouting Report

Kelce is a big, powerful tight end who stands 6-5, 255 pounds. He uses his frame well in the running game, blocking as well as any tight end in this class. He’s an aggressive blocker who offers the ability to set in pass protection as well. Such versatility is what will give NFL offensive coordinators the ability to cause matchup problems for defenses, running when defenses go small to stop Kelce as a pass-catcher and passing when they use heavy personnel to stop the run.

Kelce doesn’t appear to have top-end speed on film, but he actually ran an official 4.64 40-yard dash. At his size, that’s a really good time. Kelce also posted a 35-inch vertical leap and 10-4 broad jump at his Pro Day, suggesting he really is an explosive athlete.

As a receiver, Kelce runs good routes, using his body extremely well to shield off defenders. He reminds me a lot of Jason Witten as a route-runner, using subtle moves to get open. Kelce has strong hands; I didn’t see him drop a single pass in any of the games I watched.

NFL Comparison: Heath Miller

Another tight end with a great combination of receiving and blocking ability, Miller is actually a less athletic version of Kelce.

Projection

Kelce was once considered a mid-round prospect, but he’s moving up boards in a hurry. It’s really a wonder that he wasn’t there in the first place (at least for draft analysts); he’s a big, physical tight end with both pass-catching and blocking ability. He’s a second-round talent who could end up getting selected there.

Fit In Dallas

The Cowboys have James Hanna, but they could very well be in the market for a blocking tight end. The running game was horrible in 2012, and that has more to do with the loss of Martellus Bennett than you think. The problem is that to secure Kelce, the Cowboys might have to use their second round pick on him. I think that’s a little rich for this team right now, but if Kelce falls into the third round, I think he’s as likely of a target as any.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Co...22791.html

04-10-2013 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.