Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OK- Where is the Stand your Ground precedence?
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
OK- Where is the Stand your Ground precedence?
Sounds like the shooter is being brought up on charges but weird video.

http://gawker.com/5992400/caught-on-came...1481237582
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 08:31 AM by Machiavelli.)
03-29-2013 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: OK- Where is the Stand your Ground precedence?
Guy started it. He's the one that needs to go to jail.
03-29-2013 08:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Dude started the fight, like Trayvon who oddly enough is moonlighting as Satan on "The Bible".

If you or this moron in the video had ever been to a conceal class, you'd know he was outside of the law. There's always the question of what happened before this video was started, but you can't be the aggressor and pull a gun and you can't shoot after the aggressor retreats.

Know the law before crying about it.
03-29-2013 08:37 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
For those who have never taken a CCW class, a large % of the training is not learning to shoot brown people or hold your gun sideways and threaten people, but is actually drilling into thick skills that your first responsibility is always to de-escalate the situation. Always.

Training Drill #1? Walk away.
Training Drill #2? Run away.
03-29-2013 09:05 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. This guy should have to turn in his permit. He violated everything that is taught in the classes. He is not competent to be walking around carrying. He initiated the conflict while carrying a weapon. That is simply inexcusable.

I am glad they beat his ass.
03-29-2013 09:29 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(03-29-2013 09:29 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I am glad they beat his ass.
Ditto. Stupidity should be a punishable offense. In his case it was - and will be...
03-29-2013 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
What "stand your ground"? Dude went looking for trouble, and found it.
03-29-2013 11:58 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
OK, so a guy confronts two kids who he claimed cut him off, no big deal. When he confronted them he did it without any weapon other than his fists and he loses. After getting knocked around a bit his wife brings out the equalizer so her husband doesn't get killed - what would you expect her to do? The guy takes the gun and scares the crap out of the kids.

I heard the gun shot but can't tell where it came from because it doesn't appear like the guy pulled the trigger.
03-29-2013 12:17 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-29-2013 12:17 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  OK, so a guy confronts two kids who he claimed cut him off, no big deal. When he confronted them he did it without any weapon other than his fists and he loses. After getting knocked around a bit his wife brings out the equalizer so her husband doesn't get killed - what would you expect her to do? The guy takes the gun and scares the crap out of the kids.

I heard the gun shot but can't tell where it came from because it doesn't appear like the guy pulled the trigger.

You playing devil's advocate? Because there is no way that position is even logical.
03-29-2013 12:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-29-2013 12:26 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 12:17 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  OK, so a guy confronts two kids who he claimed cut him off, no big deal. When he confronted them he did it without any weapon other than his fists and he loses. After getting knocked around a bit his wife brings out the equalizer so her husband doesn't get killed - what would you expect her to do? The guy takes the gun and scares the crap out of the kids.

You playing devil's advocate? Because there is no way that position is even logical.

I'm just putting into words what I saw on the video. There were times when I wanted to smack some young punk who carelessly almost got me killed and then flipped me off when I honked the horn. I don't know what led up to this guy getting pissed, but if it was like any of the crap I had to deal with then +1 for him. At least he had the good sense to leave the gun in the car. Other than the gun component, this is just another case of road rage.
03-29-2013 12:36 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-29-2013 09:05 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  For those who have never taken a CCW class, a large % of the training is not learning to shoot brown people or hold your gun sideways and threaten people, but is actually drilling into thick skills that your first responsibility is always to de-escalate the situation. Always.

Training Drill #1? Walk away.
Training Drill #2? Run away.
03-lmfao Yeah, like the class you can take when getting pulled over for speeding, the people are paying attention.

More like "when is this gonna be over 'cause I want to look like a bad ass walking around with my gun".
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 12:55 PM by RobertN.)
03-29-2013 12:54 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

According to the story, dude followed the kids home. The second he made the decision to divert from his course to engage them, he lost the "stand your ground" argument.

People get cut off by idiot teenage drivers every day, all over America.

He got the beatdown he deserved, and the kids were walking away when the gun entered the equation.
03-29-2013 01:01 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-29-2013 01:01 PM)Smaug Wrote:  According to the story, dude followed the kids home. The second he made the decision to divert from his course to engage them, he lost the "stand your ground" argument.

He got the beatdown he deserved, and the kids were walking away when the gun entered the equation.

All true. But the gun didn't become a part of this until after his wife handed it to him.
03-29-2013 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(03-29-2013 01:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 01:01 PM)Smaug Wrote:  According to the story, dude followed the kids home. The second he made the decision to divert from his course to engage them, he lost the "stand your ground" argument.

All true. But the gun didn't become a part of this until after his wife handed it to him.

True, which is why they're both being charged.

I can't tell from the vid, but I wonder if the kids decided they were done when they saw her coming around the car with it. Either way, I don't see how Roger Ramjet there can claim he wasn't the instigator.
03-29-2013 01:10 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(03-29-2013 01:10 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 01:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

True, which is why they're both being charged.

I can't tell from the vid, but I wonder if the kids decided they were done when they saw her coming around the car with it. Either way, I don't see how Roger Ramjet there can claim he wasn't the instigator.

Looking at the video he was the instigator. In my mind, the only thing that could have sent him off the deep end like that was if the kids seriously endangered his and his wife's life. Like I said, I've been there and wanted to bust heads myself, but if you only saw my reaction instead of what caused it, youd think I was the only bad guy.

Also, just because the guy is the instigator doesnt allow two guys to kick the crap out of him. If those two kids had beat the guy to death this story would be heading in another direction.
03-29-2013 01:18 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

You also have to consider that when those two kids were punching the guy they were no longer defending, they were attacking.
03-29-2013 01:21 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

How close they were to having an accident is moot. They didn't have one. We all have close calls where we think the other guy is an idiot. It is not okay to react to it the way he did.

Did he deserve the beatdown he got? Admittedly, I'm not comfortable saying that, and already regret saying so. What I do know is, after following the guys home, and then reaching into the other vehicle to assault they guy, I struggle to give him the benefit of the doubt.
03-29-2013 01:25 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

If only there were drones overhead recording what transpired.....
03-29-2013 01:28 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

03-lol
03-29-2013 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.