Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Coach Pastner has reached his pinnacle here ?
Bookmark and Share
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
Coach Pastner has reached his pinnacle here ?
03-25-2013 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
RE: Coach Pastner has reached his pinnacle here ?
(03-25-2013 10:31 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...f-memphis/

maybe, maybe not
03-25-2013 10:40 AM
bbqtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M always
Nice find, MissJ. Thanks. And Josh should be locked up for as long as he CAN be, IMO.
03-25-2013 10:41 AM
tigerjohn Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Typical stereotyping. The are saying Pastner is too clean cut for Memphis...aka "too white". I think Pastner can achieve everything at Memphis that any coach would want. The only thing Memphis might lack is location.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 10:43 AM by tigerjohn.)
03-25-2013 10:43 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
It's up to the Ambassadors folks. It don't matter what any of us think.... And it never will.
03-25-2013 10:45 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(03-25-2013 10:45 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  It's up to the Ambassadors folks. It don't matter what any of us think.... And it never will.

03-lmfao
03-25-2013 10:45 AM
Advertisement

tigerjaws Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigers
Memphis cannot hire a better young coach....the city is too rough........who could have done a better job in his 1st 4 years here?....Josh is a nice guy in a the rape, drug and murder capital of America with 6 police cars hanging around HS basketball games....
03-25-2013 10:50 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-25-2013 10:31 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...f-memphis/

I prefer for Pastner to stay and prefer to win big, but I am also a firm believer that people should get what they deserve.

If Pastner stays, I believe that he will win big and he will be the greatest coach in Tiger history. If Pastner leaves, I certainly won't blame him, and I certainly won't complain if we hire a mediocre coach (like Frank Haith, Mark Gottfried, Stan Heath, Bruce Weber, Jeff Capel, Lon Kruger, etc) and we become a mediocre program like we were during the Tic Price years.

I won't complain because that is what a huge portion of our idiot fanbase deserves. I will still support the program, go to games when I can and cheer for the coach and the players like I always do. It will be less fun cheering for teams in the NIT than it is to cheer them on in the Final Four, but the bottom line is that they are kids wearing the Memphis uniform and they deserve the same support regardless of their talent level.
03-25-2013 10:53 AM
daddyodewy Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I laugh when I hear the Josh is soft....josh is a wimp, a wussie, not tough enough for Memphis.

For those that are unaware. JOSH was/is a BOXER. He'll get in the ring with someone who is trying to beat the *%#@ out of him and he's trying to do the same thing to the other guy. I contend, that NO ONE who will do that is anywhere near soft, wimpy etc.

Ever met a "soft" fighter??
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2013 10:55 AM by daddyodewy.)
03-25-2013 10:54 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(03-25-2013 10:43 AM)tigerjohn Wrote:  Typical stereotyping. The are saying Pastner is too clean cut for Memphis...aka "too white". I think Pastner can achieve everything at Memphis that any coach would want. The only thing Memphis might lack is location.

I thought the same thing reading the article. Racism and sterotyping at it's finest.
03-25-2013 10:56 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
(03-25-2013 10:54 AM)daddyodewy Wrote:  I laugh when I hear the Josh is soft....josh is a wimp, a wussie, not tough enough for Memphis.

For those that are unaware. JOSH was/is a BOXER. He'll get in the ring with someone who is trying to beat the *%#@ out of him and he's trying to do the same thing to the other guy. I contend, that NO ONE who will do that is anywhere near soft, wimpy etc.

nope...my Dad was a boxer in the Marines and trained me and my brothers to box from a very early age....don't mess with me. you're warned. 03-lmfao
03-25-2013 10:58 AM
Advertisement

tigerjaws Offline
1st String

(03-25-2013 10:54 AM)daddyodewy Wrote:  I laugh when I hear the Josh is soft....josh is a wimp, a wussie, not tough enough for Memphis.

He was single then, married now, and looking to raise a family.
03-25-2013 10:59 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(03-25-2013 10:56 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(03-25-2013 10:43 AM)tigerjohn Wrote:  Typical stereotyping. The are saying Pastner is too clean cut for Memphis...aka "too white". I think Pastner can achieve everything at Memphis that any coach would want. The only thing Memphis might lack is location.

I thought the same thing reading the article. Racism and sterotyping at it's finest.

I mostly agree, but because Pastner is so nice off the court, and so nice during interviews; this evaluation would probably follow him if he was at Indiana, North Carolina, Notre Dame or Kansas. We just notice it more because Memphis is Memphis; there is no way around race and toughness when it comes to the city and basketball.
03-25-2013 11:00 AM
princessbuttercup1963 Offline
All American

I also agree some stereotyping for sure in this article. Just wish this would be over one way or the other. I hate indecision. I will never ever understand why we don't start the contract negotiating process earlier if we know we want to do that for a coach. Just seem like you try and be a little proactive. Just my thoughts and opinions.
03-25-2013 11:04 AM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
(03-25-2013 10:56 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

memphis culture teaches a lot of folks to think these things immediately.
the reinforcement has worked! well done.03-banghead
03-25-2013 11:04 AM
daddyodewy Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(03-25-2013 10:59 AM)tigerjaws Wrote:  

I don't believe marital status has any relevancy in determining someone's toughness.
03-25-2013 11:06 AM
Advertisement

tigerjaws Offline
1st String

(03-25-2013 11:06 AM)daddyodewy Wrote:  

I don't believe marital status has any relevancy in determining someone's toughness.

1) Staying married, like winning B'ball games ain't easy 2) Marriage and family change one's perspective and priorities 3) Tougher to do these things than to slap on some Everlasts
03-25-2013 11:10 AM
Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Offline
Knower of all known knowings

I Root For: Master Yoda

What a moronic post
03-25-2013 11:10 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

I love the image that Josh portrays for Memphis. I love keeping the local kids home. I hope that Austin Nichols and eventually a few other players like him can change the national image (perceived or contrived) of our program forever.
03-25-2013 11:12 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(03-25-2013 10:50 AM)tigerjaws Wrote:  Memphis cannot hire a better young coach....the city is too rough........who could have done a better job in his 1st 4 years here?....Josh is a nice guy in a the rape, drug and murder capital of America with 6 police cars hanging around HS basketball games....

I thought we wanted guns in schools? I'm so confused.
03-25-2013 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.