Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC postseason
Bookmark and Share
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
MAC postseason
NCAA Akron
Ohio and Kent St probably got some more basketball. Hope WMU can also get into something too.

Next year Toledo should be back eligible so hope that alone improves the postseason opportunities.
03-16-2013 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ksu sucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UA
RE: MAC postseason
Toledo will be tough next season.

How long until we find out where OU ends up?
03-16-2013 09:58 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

Around 9pm when NIT announced. Not sure if enough chairs are there for NIT. 10 autobids taken up alone with upsets in lower conferences. Lot of choke jobs by top teams this week besides Ohio. Atleast Ohio got beat in a title game by a #1 seed. Some of these regular season winners were bounced by 20 loss teams on their own floor in the quarters.
03-16-2013 10:33 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

Ohio hasn't been to NIT since 1995. That was the great snub of an Ohio team that won the pre-season NIT and was dinged for going 12-6 in the MAC and a semis finals loss to EMU and Earl Bokins. The selections committee should have taken all four MAC semi-final teams that years and could decide which one so the took none of them except for the automatic. We beat Ohio State, West Virginia and Virginia that year. 23-8 one of which was a 3 point loss @#2 Kentucky in Rupp......6 conference loss were the reason they said they didn't select us. How many did Creighton and Wichita State have this year. MAC in 1995 was stronger than the MVC this year. 4 teams tournament worthy.
@Iowa was the other loss in regular season that year. Ohio should be handed a bid this year to make up for that injustice. 2 conference losses and now its the non-conference numbers the selection committee is looking at. Ohio won a game in 1995 NIT vs GW. Then lost again at Iowa in the second round. We beat GW also in the preseason NIT that year. Weird how they paired us against two teams we played.
03-16-2013 10:45 PM
FearMyRoo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Akron
Akron- NCAA!
Kent has a home game vs Fairfield on Tuesday in the CIT

I'm guessing OU goes to the CIB? Can't imagine either the CIT or CIB wanting 2 MAC schools so that leaves WMU out?
03-16-2013 11:26 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(03-16-2013 11:26 PM)FearMyRoo Wrote:  Akron- NCAA!
Kent has a home game vs Fairfield on Tuesday in the CIT

I'm guessing OU goes to the CIB? Can't imagine either the CIT or CIB wanting 2 MAC schools so that leaves WMU out?
I believe the CIT had 3 or 4 MAC teams last year.
03-16-2013 11:38 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Might be O/T here, but I wonder if Purdue, a good team with a losing record, gets a NIT bid?

If so, first time NIT took a team with a losing record.

B1G is the toughest conference, by far, and Purdue was mid-pack.

I'd pay to see Ohio vs. Purdue.
03-17-2013 03:58 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-16-2013 09:53 PM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  NCAA Akron
Ohio and Kent St probably got some more basketball. Hope WMU can also get into something too.

Next year Toledo should be back eligible so hope that alone improves the postseason opportunities.

Toledo was eligible this year. Lost to CMU in semis in a great game. MAC postseason is not limited to those with Y chromosomes.
03-17-2013 08:53 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-17-2013 08:53 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Toledo was eligible this year. Lost to CMU in semis in a great game. MAC postseason is not limited to those with Y chromosomes.

You should start women's basketball threads if you think they deserve their own discussion.
03-17-2013 09:34 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(03-17-2013 09:34 AM)axeme Wrote:  

You should start women's basketball threads if you think they deserve their own discussion.

He didn't say they deserve their own discussion. This thread is about MAC Postseason, not just MAC Men's Postseason.
03-17-2013 10:24 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

Also, after bgSUCKS quarterfinal loss to CMU on Thursday, it was reported that they put in a bid to host a first round WNIT game.
03-17-2013 10:25 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-17-2013 09:34 AM)axeme Wrote:  

You should start women's basketball threads if you think they deserve their own

discussion.
Gee, axeme, guess I missed the gender specifier in the thread. title. Wait....no, that's not. it.
03-17-2013 10:31 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

Since 98% of the threads on this board are about men's basketball and football, and there were not any posts about women's hoops, one would assume the thread was about men's basketball.

As a big fan of other sports like golf, baseball, softball, and wrestling, it's sad posts about women's basketball have to be piggy-backed into threads that are clearly about men's basketball. Why should they play second fiddle in men's hoops threads? Why not start a women's post-season thread?
03-17-2013 10:37 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-17-2013 10:37 AM)axeme Wrote:  Since 98% of the threads on this board are about men's basketball and football, and there were not any posts about women's hoops, one would assume the thread was about men's basketball.

As a big fan of other sports like golf, baseball, softball, and wrestling, it's sad posts about women's basketball have to be piggy-backed into threads that are clearly about men's basketball. Why should they play second fiddle in men's hoops threads? Why not start a women's post-season thread?

It was one post. Hardly worthy of your original comment much less the three followups. One might assume, others might not.
03-17-2013 10:55 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

One post in this thread. Similar posts in other men's hoops threads all season.
03-17-2013 11:27 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-17-2013 11:27 AM)axeme Wrote:  y
One post in this thread. Similar posts in other men's hoops threads all season.

Doubt that. I'm pretty careful about checking thread titles as I did here. If it bothers anyone else they've chosen to ignore the occasional post they may feel could be better placed. Now THIS series of posts is probably out of place so I'm out.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 05:31 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-17-2013 11:52 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

Coy.

Ok.
03-17-2013 12:05 PM
The Optimist Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nicheless MAC
Women's sports are fine, but throwing them into a discussion clearly about men is nothing more than trolling.

Ohio is on the NIT Bubble.
03-17-2013 01:42 PM
OUBobcat9092 Offline
2nd String

Akron - NCAA
Ohio - NIT
Western - CBI
Kent St. - CIT
03-17-2013 10:06 PM
Aries_Rocket Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(03-17-2013 01:42 PM)The Optimist Wrote:  Women's sports are fine, but throwing them into a discussion clearly about men is nothing more than trolling.

Ohio is on the NIT Bubble.

As much as Dave posts, everyone should be familiar with his sense of humor and understand his shtick. If anyone thinks it's trolling they should treat it accordingly and ignore. If you would like to know about his character, I can dig up the 2 page article published in the paper about him after he recently retired from the county Children's Services Board.
03-18-2013 12:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.