Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BB Officiating
Bookmark and Share
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
BB Officiating
I'm still depressed because of the officiating in the Lady Trojan vs, MTSU game. Wally in today's paper complaining about 21 fouls called in the hog-Vanderbilt game. How about the 42 or 43 that were called in our game, 27 against the Lady Trojans. Especially ticked off about the last call with less than 1 min to play, the ref waited until 1 second left on shot clock, then called the touch foul, MTSU had a 1 pt lead, the 2 FT's ended the Trojans chances. I have heard that good refs are careful about calling touch fouls that decide the game. That definitely was a touch foul. Maybe i'm paranoid but, I honestly believe the refs were well aware that the conference wanted MTSU to be the SBC rep. in the tournament. More about the referees later.
03-15-2013 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: BB Officiating
I agree that foul probably cost us the game. We should have had the ball on a shot clock violation and maybe would have won the game. But we didn't so that's life. You win some, lose some and some are rained out.
03-15-2013 03:42 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
It don't necessarily have to be acceptible. As glad as I am to have Joe Foley, there is one thing I believe he could improve on. I don't believe he raises enough hell with officials. There is an old saying " the sqeaking wheel gets the grease" I believe it helps in BB.
03-15-2013 05:15 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
BB Officiating
I have seen Foley getting on the officials a lot but not as much as he gets on his team during time outs
03-15-2013 05:27 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-15-2013 03:14 PM)DollarBill Wrote:  I'm still depressed because of the officiating in the Lady Trojan vs, MTSU game. Wally in today's paper complaining about 21 fouls called in the hog-Vanderbilt game. How about the 42 or 43 that were called in our game, 27 against the Lady Trojans. Especially ticked off about the last call with less than 1 min to play, the ref waited until 1 second left on shot clock, then called the touch foul, MTSU had a 1 pt lead, the 2 FT's ended the Trojans chances. I have heard that good refs are careful about calling touch fouls that decide the game. That definitely was a touch foul. Maybe i'm paranoid but, I honestly believe the refs were well aware that the conference wanted MTSU to be the SBC rep. in the tournament. More about the referees later.

I agree with parts of your post. But no way the conference "wanted" to see a team that is leaving the Belt get the league's automatic bid.
03-15-2013 05:47 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I think two of the officials were married to Rick Insell's sisters. And the lady ref was married to his brother. That would account for it.
03-15-2013 11:20 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-15-2013 11:20 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I think two of the officials were married to Rick Insell's sisters. And the lady ref was married to his brother. That would account for it.

Good one Doc.
03-16-2013 12:12 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-15-2013 05:47 PM)mjs Wrote:  I agree with parts of your post. But no way the conference "wanted" to see a team that is leaving the Belt get the league's automatic bid.

Normally I'd agree, but with this nut that's taken over the conference, I don't know. Anyone who would pull the tournament out of Hot Springs where it was doing well, and before the contract had expired, to move it to Lakefront Arena in New Orleans where it didn't draw flies when the New Orleans team was a Sun Belt member, well I don't know.
03-16-2013 12:17 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Obviously his brother runs Lakefront Arena!
03-16-2013 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.