Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting Survey of MAC Captains and Seniors
Bookmark and Share
OUVan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Interesting Survey of MAC Captains and Seniors
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/...ls_wh.html

A survey was taken of all the MAC team Captains and Seniors on various topics such as best guard, forward, center, etc. Some very interesting results such as Q. Rollins being picked as the best defender.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:36 AM by OUVan.)
03-11-2013 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
RE: Interesting Survey of MAC Captains and Seniors
On the women's side, I have to wonder if Kacie Cassell is the most underrated player in the conference. She leads the NCAA in assists per game (7.7) and is 2nd in overall assists (216), but didn't get a single vote in the guard categories. Heck, she didn't even make the All-MAC Honorable Mention team.
03-11-2013 12:26 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Awesome and interesting article!
03-11-2013 05:02 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-11-2013 12:26 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  On the women's side, I have to wonder if Kacie Cassell is the most underrated player in the conference. She leads the NCAA in assists per game (7.7) and is 2nd in overall assists (216), but didn't get a single vote in the guard categories. Heck, she didn't even make the All-MAC Honorable Mention team.

I think she is seen as the product of a weak schedule and on offensive scheme that is designed to put points on the board. I have no doubt she's very good but its kind of like the U of Houston QBs that throw for 400 yards a week- people think its the system and the schedule.
03-11-2013 07:24 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-11-2013 12:26 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  On the women's side, I have to wonder if Kacie Cassell is the most underrated player in the conference. She leads the NCAA in assists per game (7.7) and is 2nd in overall assists (216), but didn't get a single vote in the guard categories. Heck, she didn't even make the All-MAC Honorable Mention team.

Well, Tecca won what I would consider a surprise POY so Akron cracked the big time in terms of conference awards. She doesn't do that without Cassell getting her the ball in the right places. Congrats to both.
03-11-2013 10:02 PM
Advertisement

DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-11-2013 10:02 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Well, Tecca won what I would consider a surprise POY so Akron cracked the big time in terms of conference awards. She doesn't do that without Cassell getting her the ball in the right places. Congrats to both.

Congratulations to Rachel Tecca. What a bounce back season for her! She definitely needs to take Cassell out for a few steak dinners. In games that I saw, a major part of Rachel's offense was sprinting down court (very fast for a post player) and beating her defender and Cassel running the ball downcourt and hitting her with a great pass. Shafir and Osborn were just as deserving as Tecca, IMO.
03-11-2013 10:30 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-11-2013 11:06 AM)OUVan Wrote:  http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/...ls_wh.html

A survey was taken of all the MAC team Captains and Seniors on various topics such as best guard, forward, center, etc. Some very interesting results such as Q. Rollins being picked as the best defender.

FWIW, Quentin shut down Jordan Crawford tonight.
03-11-2013 10:33 PM
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
(03-11-2013 10:30 PM)DICK Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 10:02 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Congratulations to Rachel Tecca. What a bounce back season for her! She definitely needs to take Cassell out for a few steak dinners. In games that I saw, a major part of Rachel's offense was sprinting down court (very fast for a post player) and beating her defender and Cassel running the ball downcourt and hitting her with a great pass. Shafir and Osborn were just as deserving as Tecca, IMO.

For Tecca to play like she did after the injuries she had suffered the past few seasons is pretty amazing. The brace on her knee is from major reconstructive surgery she had to have after she was taken away from a game in an ambulance last season. She broke her nose early this season and played through it while wearing a mask. The summer before last, she had Compartment Syndrome in her calf and needed emergency surgery, and she still feels the pain from it today.

She's practically the Bionic Woman at this point. Honestly, I don't know how she is able to walk normally, let alone play basketball the way she does.
03-11-2013 11:48 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-11-2013 10:33 PM)DICK Wrote:  FWIW, Quentin shut down Jordan Crawford tonight.

Doubt it. The only person I've seen shut down Jordan Crawford is a little guy from BG named Jordan Crawford and he does it almost every game.
03-12-2013 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.