WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

He'll never live this one down
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
He'll never live this one down
Bizarre story of an Oklahoma HS basketball playoff game and one player's game winning shot. Only problem was that he scored his shot in the wrong basket. At least he will will have an interesting story to tell his kids someday about how dad made the winning basket in the playoffs.

Quote:YUKON — Hugo guard Trey Johnson bolted away from his defender, securing the ball with enough space to securely run out the final 2.9 seconds.

The Buffaloes led perennial state power Millwood 37-36 in the closing moments of Thursday night's Class 3A state quarterfinals. All they needed was an accurate inbounds pass to complete the wild upset. And they got it.
But what happened next, in one stunning moment filled with jubilation and arena-wide disbelief, flipped the end result on its head, leading to a 38-37 Millwood win and heartbreaking Hugo defeat.

Shot in wrong basket gives Millwood stunning victory over Hugo

Gotta feel for the kid. This one will live on in his head for years.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 11:28 AM by MileHighBronco.)
03-09-2013 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: He'll never live this one down
I played with a kid in High School who was so bad (uncoordinated, unathletic) that we wouldn't let him do the pre-game drills with us because he always F'ed them up. Actually knocked one of the starter's teeth out with a pass to the wrong side of the line, and of course the guy wasn't expecting it. Anyhow, he managed to score his only 2 career points in the wrong basket as well. It was in a losing effort (as were most of our games) and his screw up cost us 10 more laps of running in practice because we had to run stairs 5 times for every point we lost by. We were well conditioned by the end of the year, and still lousy at basketball.
03-09-2013 05:23 PM
Advertisement

fbgab Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
I have a feeling this one goes on the coach. I've seen this play numerous times in high school. A team lines up like it goes one way to get the D to line up incorrectly and then runs a play to get free to go to their basket. But they lined up the wrong way. That's the way I see it.
03-11-2013 10:42 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I recruited a team of 6th graders when I was same to play in a youth league. We had ONE close game all season. I pulled a fast one on a late game out of bounds play. We had the ball under our own basket. Had my team set up on the other end of the floor. Confused, our opponents set up way down there. Then had my teammate inbounds the ball to me for an easy layup while the rest of the players were at the other end of the court.

Told my team that confusing the opponents wasn't cheating.
03-11-2013 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.