titans sink
Bookmark and Share
rocketpete Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo
titans sink
http://www.toledoblade.com/sports/2013/0...5-win.html

Love this one.
Lots of luck to the Buckeye Soph. recruit.
03-07-2013 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: titans sink
Go RAMS!
03-07-2013 09:56 PM
rocketpete Offline
2nd String

and the little guy.01-lauramac2
03-07-2013 10:09 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I guess they were...... OVERATED!!!! 02-13-banana Nice numbers by Loving though in the loss!
03-07-2013 10:31 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(03-07-2013 09:50 PM)rocketpete Wrote:  http://www.toledoblade.com/sports/2013/0...5-win.html

Love this one.

03-lmfao. You're a funny guy, pete. You must have sour grapes or something. But it's too bad that SJJ's 2nd best player was sidelined with an ankle injury he suffered in practice yesterday.

But it was a good season overall - 20-4, TRAC title, 2-0 vs. Central, 2-0 vs. Whitmer, 3-0 vs. St. Francis.
03-08-2013 12:04 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(03-08-2013 12:04 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 09:50 PM)rocketpete Wrote:  http://www.toledoblade.com/sports/2013/0...5-win.html

Love this one.

03-lmfao. You're a funny guy, pete. You must have sour grapes or something. But it's too bad that SJJ's 2nd best player was sidelined with an ankle injury he suffered in practice yesterday.

But it was a good season overall - 20-4, TRAC title, 2-0 vs. Central, 2-0 vs. Whitmer, 3-0 vs. St. Francis.

I don't get why someone posts a thread about a team losing? And it isn't Toledo related outside of the fact it was played at Savage. Could have connected this thread to something about the TCL and Rogers moving on. But it seems like you have somethin against the Titans Rocketpete?

Good Luck to Rogers. But I'd like to see Rogers play the Titans with Gardner and without Kynard.

Some stats.
Gardner: 3-1 assist to turnover ratio. 50% 3pt. 86% FT, and 16ppg. Wish Toledo would have went for the kid. College ball will be played at Findlay.
03-08-2013 12:09 AM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Why is this thread worthy...? They lost, they were overrated.

Central Catholic is my pick to make it to Columbus.
03-08-2013 01:29 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2013 01:29 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Why is this thread worthy...? They lost, they were overrated.

Yes, because losing when your 2nd best player (who averages 15+ ppg) is out with an injury means you're overrated. 01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 06:50 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
03-08-2013 06:50 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Rogers on the big win; congrats to St John on a great season.

R A M S, clap, clap, clap, clap, R A M S, clap, clap, clap, clap , R A M S . . . .
03-08-2013 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2013 09:51 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Congratulations to Rogers on the big win; congrats to St John on a great season.

R A M S, clap, clap, clap, clap, R A M S, clap, clap, clap, clap , R A M S . . . .

Rogers High School - alma mater of UT great Steve Mix (correct?).
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 10:13 AM by MidnightBlueGold.)
03-08-2013 10:13 AM
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
Correct
03-08-2013 11:09 AM
Advertisement

rocketpete Offline
2nd String

(03-08-2013 12:04 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Love this one.

NOPE NO BAD GRAPES..JUST USED TO ROOTING FOR TEAMS LIKE OUR ROCKETS.
I DO ENJOY YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS FORUM THOUGH.
03-08-2013 09:34 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
(03-07-2013 10:31 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  I guess they were...... OVERATED!!!! 02-13-banana Nice numbers by Loving though in the loss!

Unintelligent post, If Gardner plays different press release.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 10:49 PM by tolfbfan.)
03-08-2013 10:48 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(03-08-2013 10:48 PM)tolfbfan Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 10:31 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  I guess they were...... OVERATED!!!! 02-13-banana Nice numbers by Loving though in the loss!

Unintelligent post, If Gardner plays different press release.
Same press release. It would still have been considered an upset.

What the heck is happening over there on Airport, they don't even have the nads to just say "congratulations?"

SJJ was AHEAD at the half. They didn't miss the player. Rogers came out of the half better coached and beat SJJ by 17 points in the second half. We're not talking about a close game and SJJ's talent level doesn't fall off that far. The "injured" player wouldn't have made up the difference.

I'm not for the gloating tone I took from the title of the thread but give credit. Rogers did the job. END OF STORY.
03-08-2013 11:33 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Is Rogers' Kynard related to that other Kynard kid from there that ran track or something?
03-08-2013 11:46 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

eastisbest Wrote:The contents of this message are hidden because eastisbest is on your ignore list.

I can only imagine what east has to say about this topic. 03-yawn

(03-08-2013 11:46 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Is Rogers' Kynard related to that other Kynard kid from there that ran track or something?

I don't know, but it seems like there are a lot of Kynard's in Toledo. Between Eric Kynard (the Olympian), the Kynard playing for Rogers last night, the Kynard on SJJ's team, there was a Kynard who played basketball & football at SJJ a couple years ago (and is now playing at Illinois) who also had brothers who played in the TCL. There seems to be a lot of them. I think there it a girl playing basketball in the TCL, too.
03-08-2013 11:50 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Yeah, Kynards were around when I was in school even. But everybody thinks of just one, maybe the most successful athlete to ever come out of Toledo. We don't have a lot of Olympic silver medalists. If that Russian guy hadn't found a shirt Kynard wins it all. Always wondered how Erik missed out on playing basketball, although he would have been crazy to do that.
03-09-2013 12:08 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Kynards have gone to Start, Rogers, St. John's, Springfield and others. Most are related. Many good athletes have come from that family.

There is a big congrats to Rogers. I would have rather lost to them than Whitmer or Central. I live in district and have a good relationship with many grads. But other fans of other schools shouldn't be talking smack over the game. I think the non SJJ/Rogers fans should be congratulating them, and not dis-gratulating the Titans. (I made up a new word!)
03-09-2013 12:54 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
where's people's rocket memory. mark kynard from devilbiss played for UT for a yr or two in the late 80s. 6 foot guard who wasn't especially athletic but very skilled, sort of a tweener, not a exactly a pg and small for a d1 shooting guard. wasn't highly recruited but i think was on scholarship.

he and deon thompson, a fun to watch skinny athletic 6-5 forward from devilbiss were both at UT for a yr or two around then. deon, never really got the pt to show his game and I think both transferred to indiana U in pennsylvania, which was a bit of a D2 powerhouse. can't remember what mark did there, but deon had a good career and continued around basketball coaching and announcing. heard him on a local broadcast a few years back but not sure if he's still doing it.
03-09-2013 04:08 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-09-2013 04:08 AM)pono Wrote:  where's people's rocket memory. mark kynard from devilbiss played for UT for a yr or two in the late 80s. 6 foot guard who wasn't especially athletic but very skilled, sort of a tweener, not a exactly a pg and small for a d1 shooting guard. wasn't highly recruited but i think was on scholarship.

he and deon thompson, a fun to watch skinny athletic 6-5 forward from devilbiss were both at UT for a yr or two around then. deon, never really got the pt to show his game and I think both transferred to indiana U in pennsylvania, which was a bit of a D2 powerhouse. can't remember what mark did there, but deon had a good career and continued around basketball coaching and announcing. heard him on a local broadcast a few years back but not sure if he's still doing it.

I worked with Deon for the last ten or twelve years. Nice guy. I seem to recall him being a big scorer in the better amateur leagues around town. Think he only lasted a year at UT. He did play at IU in Pa.
03-09-2013 06:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.