Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS: SEC, Big 12, ACC, B1G - Power Bowl Alliance
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
CBS: SEC, Big 12, ACC, B1G - Power Bowl Alliance
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...l-alliance

Quote:League officials have discussed a multisite, rotational bowl partnership of the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten and ACC to maximize matchups over six years, according to two sources with knowledge of those discussions.
03-07-2013 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: CBS: SEC, Big 12, ACC, B1G - Power Bowl Alliance
Looks like the A12 can kiss the Belk Bowl goodbye.
03-07-2013 07:37 PM
westwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CFB
(03-07-2013 07:37 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Looks like the A12 can kiss the Belk Bowl goodbye.

Looks like the MWC schools will get $18 mil each from new E contract while A 12 get $3-4 mil. Oh, wait - they also get $10 - 25 mil from the ransom coffers so they;ll survive.
03-07-2013 07:42 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-07-2013 07:42 PM)westwolf Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 07:37 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  Looks like the A12 can kiss the Belk Bowl goodbye.

Looks like the MWC schools will get $18 mil each from new E contract while A 12 get $3-4 mil. Oh, wait - they also get $10 - 25 mil from the ransom coffers so they;ll survive.

Either I'm misreading or you are on crack. The MWC schools get $18M to split...not each. Much like the A12 gets $22M to split.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 07:47 PM by apex_pirate.)
03-07-2013 07:44 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
I'm curious as to why the PAC-12 is left out of this. I guess it's due to their geographic footprint being away from the other four.
03-07-2013 07:56 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(03-07-2013 07:44 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 07:42 PM)westwolf Wrote:  

Either I'm misreading or you are on crack. The MWC schools get $18M to split...not each. Much like the A12 gets $22M to split.

Crack kills
03-07-2013 07:57 PM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
I told you the Belk was gone for the BE, er A-12...
03-07-2013 07:59 PM
EerMeNow Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
(03-07-2013 07:59 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I told you the Belk was gone for the BE, er A-12...

I actually think the Belk Bowl stands out as one of the stronger lower-tier bowls. While the goal is to always aim higher, I enjoyed WVU's appearances in Charlotte (even though the team decided that combination of Wali Lundy and Matt Schaub were too much to handle).
03-07-2013 08:11 PM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
Here is the big change I see....Instead of the power conferences over signing what they'll do is make sure every host bowl has a legit bowl pick (no lower than #8 or #9) every year with the other side supplied by one of the power conferences.

In this way the power conferences back themselves up instead of they silly system where they have to rely on the G5 to do it.

There should be a few more quality small market bowls open for the G5. The Sun Bowl may become MW vs. A12. The Independence Bowl MAC vs. CUSA.
03-07-2013 09:12 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
(03-07-2013 08:11 PM)EerMeNow Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 07:59 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I told you the Belk was gone for the BE, er A-12...

I actually think the Belk Bowl stands out as one of the stronger lower-tier bowls. While the goal is to always aim higher, I enjoyed WVU's appearances in Charlotte (even though the team decided that combination of Wali Lundy and Matt Schaub were too much to handle).

I've enjoyed both of my trips to the Charlotte bowl. The game vs UNC was much more enjoyable 04-cheers
03-07-2013 09:14 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(03-07-2013 09:12 PM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  Here is the big change I see....Instead of the power conferences over signing what they'll do is make sure every host bowl has a legit bowl pick (no lower than #8 or #9) every year with the other side supplied by one of the power conferences.

In this way the power conferences back themselves up instead of they silly system where they have to rely on the G5 to do it.

There should be a few more quality small market bowls open for the G5. The Sun Bowl may become MW vs. A12. The Independence Bowl MAC vs. CUSA.

Sounds like most bowls will be AQ vs AQ or G5 vs G5. It looks like the AQ vs G5 bowls may virtually dissappear. The defacto split continues.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 11:33 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-07-2013 09:23 PM
Advertisement

Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(03-07-2013 09:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 09:12 PM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  Here is the big change I see....Instead of the power conferences over signing what they'll do is make sure every host bowl has a legit bowl pick (no lower than #8 or #9) every year with the other side supplied by one of the power conferences.

Sounds like most bowls will be AQ vs AQ or G5 vs G5. There looks like the AQ vs G5 bowls may virtually dissappear. The defacto split continues.

It sounds like virtually all bowls are going in that direction with the exception of maybe the Las Vegas, Liberty and/or Military bowls.

The PAC will still play the MW because of travel. The Liberty has enough name recognition to get the SEC or ACC. Military likely ACC vs. BE.

CUSA is going to be lucky to have 3 bowl certified if it loses Tulsa. The MAC may pass it in bowl tie-ins, IMO.
03-07-2013 09:32 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(03-07-2013 09:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Sounds like most bowls will be AQ vs AQ or G5 vs G5. There looks like the AQ vs G5 bowls may virtually dissappear. The defacto split continues.

It has been that way for a while.
03-07-2013 09:34 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP

Lots of crack being passed around.
The SunBowl will not end up with MW vs. A12.
And no, the Sun Bowl is not going to seek your favorite purse/handbag brand to sponsor it. They are already asking for a car-rental tax increase to increase the payout.
03-07-2013 10:37 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Looks like I may not be going to a bowl game for a long time. I'm not spending big money to watch a crappy game in a crappy stadium.
03-07-2013 10:38 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Didn't I tell you Nbe boyz that a national alliance among the NonAQ schools was needed to somehow counter and generate some favorable publicity against the overwhelming power of the BCS?

Darn right, Nbe is going to get stripped of all its bowls...remember what I said about MWC losing Holiday, Copper, and Freedom bowls?

The Nbe is a failed effort. As I stated before, Nbe will be playing CUSA in a lot of bowl games.
03-08-2013 07:38 AM
Advertisement

Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-07-2013 10:37 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

Lots of crack being passed around.
The SunBowl will not end up with MW vs. A12.
And no, the Sun Bowl is not going to seek your favorite purse/handbag brand to sponsor it. They are already asking for a car-rental tax increase to increase the payout.

These Nbe guyz have to be the stupidest idiots in the whole wide world.
03-08-2013 07:41 AM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Looks like ECU counts for absolutely nothing in the land of North Carolina. You ECU guyz complained about CUSA all the time. What the heck! Even your own state won't support you! THe state of Texas has the Dallas and Ft. Worth Bowls for CUSA. Memphis provided the Liberty Bowl. But the state of North Carolina? It don't give diddly squate about ECU. Hope you ECU guyz learn to keep from shooting off your mouths in the future in the great American-12. Bythe way, that name sucks and will be mocked as a CUSA knock off.
03-08-2013 07:47 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-08-2013 07:38 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Didn't I tell you Nbe boyz that a national alliance among the NonAQ schools was needed to somehow counter and generate some favorable publicity against the overwhelming power of the BCS?

Darn right, Nbe is going to get stripped of all its bowls...remember what I said about MWC losing Holiday, Copper, and Freedom bowls?

The Nbe is a failed effort. As I stated before, Nbe will be playing CUSA in a lot of bowl games.

Bowl alliance is a waste of time. It will still be bottom rung bowls. A12 needs to fight for the best it can get. If Tulsa jumps, CUSA will do well to qualify for 4 bowl games.
03-08-2013 07:58 AM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-08-2013 07:58 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 07:38 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Didn't I tell you Nbe boyz that a national alliance among the NonAQ schools was needed to somehow counter and generate some favorable publicity against the overwhelming power of the BCS?

Bowl alliance is a waste of time. It will still be bottom rung bowls. A12 needs to fight for the best it can get. If Tulsa jumps, CUSA will do well to qualify for 4 bowl games.

As I stated many times before, the Nbe needs CUSA to be a successful conference and, undoubtedly, CUSA will be a successful conference. If Nbe is to have some interesting bowls of some success, it will obviously need CUSA to bring in challenging teams.

The reverse is also true. CUSA needs Nbe to be successful and bring in some challenging teams. Otherwsie, CUsa, like Nbe, will not have good bowls. Looking at some of the teams Nbe has added, this is a good question as to what Nbe can provide in a bowl.
03-08-2013 08:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.