Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Athletics stratigic plan 2011-2014
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
NIU Athletics stratigic plan 2011-2014
Found this while doing my Google dig for new NIU stuff...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niu/...icPlan.pdf
03-07-2013 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: NIU Athletics stratigic plan 2011-2014
(03-07-2013 02:20 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Found this while doing my Google dig for new NIU stuff...

Check out Strategic Goal 4. Have we succeeded so far?
03-07-2013 02:36 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-07-2013 02:36 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 02:20 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Found this while doing my Google dig for new NIU stuff...

Check out Strategic Goal 4. Have we succeeded so far?

Well...

They did give some people a survey.
You can consider something and not do it.
If scheduling games at home is not financially possible...then its not possible.
They kept the per game season ticket prices the same for the public and lowered it for some seats.
Will you be providing the entertainment?
03-07-2013 02:48 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Interesting. Notice talk of a 'miscellaneous allowance" and "multi-year financial aid agreements?"

Times they are a changin'.....

(I am a tad disappointed that our goals are only to be in the top half of the MAC in academics.)
03-07-2013 02:56 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-07-2013 02:56 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Interesting. Notice talk of a 'miscellaneous allowance" and "multi-year financial aid agreements?"

Times they are a changin'.....

(I am a tad disappointed that our goals are only to be in the top half of the MAC in academics.)

Most of the last strategic plan items was for us to be in the top half within the MAC.
03-07-2013 03:39 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
Concerning objective 3 (b), a trip to Belvidere to grab a few Huskie Red locally made vehicles with NIU badging should be assigned to some student representatives with the goals of showing up at schools sporting events, business meet and greets, factories, civic events, Woodfield Mall, dealerships, etc... to hand out stickers, tickets, and encourage attendance at games.

This should be done regionally and not just focused on Sycamore and DeKalb.
03-07-2013 04:07 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-07-2013 04:07 PM)chess Wrote:  Concerning objective 3 (b), a trip to Belvidere to grab a few Huskie Red locally made vehicles with NIU badging should be assigned to some student representatives with the goals of showing up at schools sporting events, business meet and greets, factories, civic events, Woodfield Mall, dealerships, etc... to hand out stickers, tickets, and encourage attendance at games.

We could sell out the stadium without a problem if we just had the local support. There are over 60k people within 5 miles of the stadium and we have an average open capacity of 9k.
03-07-2013 04:12 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-07-2013 04:07 PM)chess Wrote:  Concerning objective 3 (b), a trip to Belvidere to grab a few Huskie Red locally made vehicles with NIU badging should be assigned to some student representatives with the goals of showing up at schools sporting events, business meet and greets, factories, civic events, Woodfield Mall, dealerships, etc... to hand out stickers, tickets, and encourage attendance at games.

More excellent marketing ideas. And, how much does it cost to attend local/regional events and hand out stickers, tickets, schedules, trinkets, etc.? Get a student or someone already on staff to do it, and your cost is basically just for the promotional items given out.

This is the kind of stuff that needed to be done years ago. Athletics has been way too conservative - reactive rather than proactive. Want increased fans and revenue? You can't sit on your arse and wait for it to come in because it won't. You need to go out and earn it.
03-07-2013 04:12 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(03-07-2013 04:12 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

More excellent marketing ideas. And, how much does it cost to attend local/regional events and hand out stickers, tickets, schedules, trinkets, etc.? Get a student or someone already on staff to do it, and your cost is basically just for the promotional items given out.

This is the kind of stuff that needed to be done years ago. Athletics has been way too conservative - reactive rather than proactive. Want increased fans and revenue? You can't sit on your arse and wait for it to come in because it won't. You need to go out and earn it.
Oh, let's call them internships. : )

How many out of work young people are there in the area? You mean they need skills and an opportunity to showcase those skills?

Oh, where will they learn valuable marketing skills to sell to employers later? 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 04:32 PM by chess.)
03-07-2013 04:32 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-07-2013 04:32 PM)chess Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 04:12 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Oh, let's call them internships. : )

How many out of work young people are there in the area? You mean they need skills and an opportunity to showcase those skills?

Oh, where will they learn valuable marketing skills to sell to employers later? 04-cheers

You mean use students from our nationally recognized business college? 04-jawdrop
03-07-2013 04:41 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-07-2013 04:41 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  You mean use students from our nationally recognized business college? 04-jawdrop

I'm assuming they still offer the sports marketing class as well...put em to work
03-07-2013 04:58 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-07-2013 04:58 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 04:41 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  You mean use students from our nationally recognized business college? 04-jawdrop

I'm assuming they still offer the sports marketing class as well...put em to work

When I was in Marketing we were put in groups that each had to help a local business. If they still do that they could have somebody help the NIU marketing department. Might actually instill some school pride in the kids doing it, while they're helping.
03-07-2013 05:19 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-07-2013 05:19 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  When I was in Marketing we were put in groups that each had to help a local business. If they still do that they could have somebody help the NIU marketing department. Might actually instill some school pride in the kids doing it, while they're helping.

Just some general marketing course or specifically sports marketing? I took sports marketing in 2007...we spent a lot of the semester developing presentations for the Solheim Cup at RHF. It was our final project. I feel like someone taking that course posted on here during last football season and if I remember correctly they were trying to do something with the Red Riot. Either way they could easily tap into the marketing department and use students to help with any marketing tasks they have.
03-07-2013 05:27 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-07-2013 05:27 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 05:19 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  When I was in Marketing we were put in groups that each had to help a local business. If they still do that they could have somebody help the NIU marketing department. Might actually instill some school pride in the kids doing it, while they're helping.

Just some general marketing course or specifically sports marketing? I took sports marketing in 2007...we spent a lot of the semester developing presentations for the Solheim Cup at RHF. It was our final project. I feel like someone taking that course posted on here during last football season and if I remember correctly they were trying to do something with the Red Riot. Either way they could easily tap into the marketing department and use students to help with any marketing tasks they have.

This was the basic 300-level Marketing course that all the Business school people had to take.
03-07-2013 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.