Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#YoureOnYourOwn
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
#YoureOnYourOwn

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 02:23 PM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-07-2013 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: #YourOnYourOwn
[Image: cantsee.jpg]
03-07-2013 02:09 PM
Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: #YourOnYourOwn
Fixed it for him.
03-07-2013 02:18 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: #YoureOnYourOwn
Read an article recently (can't find the link) which talked about this very issue and the major disconnect between city police chiefs views and those of sheriffs. It echoes this video but goes even further.

The major distinction is that a police chief is usually an appointed position, where in most places, Sheriffs are elected and feel a need to actually represent their constituents. Those appointed usually parrot the views of those who put them in power and in big cities, almost always a democrat. They DO have to deal with firearm violence daily in their cities. Hence, their anti-gun stance.

Many sheriffs have come out and stated that it is the responsibility of the citizen to protect him/herself. They support the 2nd amendment.
03-07-2013 02:38 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
We need to eliminate police because the are so costly to the tax payers and never around when you need them. Maybe if we privatized the police force, they would be more responsive to the needs of those that pay them.
03-07-2013 02:50 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Another post by Robert that doesn't address the point but in his usual way, exaggerates a point he seems to think others are making but they are not.

Rob - once again you win the non-sequitur award.

Congrats. Quite the skill set you've got there.
03-07-2013 02:58 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-07-2013 02:50 PM)RobertN Wrote:  We need to eliminate police because the are so costly to the tax payers and never around when you need them. Maybe if we privatized the police force, they would be more responsive to the needs of those that pay them.

You are the Shakespeare of stupid short posts that make no sense, have nothing to do with the topic at hand and embarrass left wingers everywhere by association.

To post or not up post Toby!
03-08-2013 02:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-07-2013 02:50 PM)RobertN Wrote:  We need to eliminate police because the are so costly to the tax payers and never around when you need them. Maybe if we privatized the police force, they would be more responsive to the needs of those that pay them.

I don't think Evil Knievel could have made that particular leap. Nice work.

Surely, even someone with your limited intellect understands that law enforcement is a largely reactionary force.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 08:48 PM by Smaug.)
03-08-2013 08:41 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I'd say The Fonz jumped a shark but hey, it's Robert. He's been on the down slide of life since birth.
03-08-2013 08:48 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
[Image: mrz010413dapr2013010401h.jpg]
03-09-2013 12:40 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

You make a joke...but...There is no reason that paradigm could not work. What if there were security insurance policies that covered the costs? No reason also to discount that private security would not step in without payment just because it would be the right thing to do and increase their reputation in the marketplace of security. We have no idea what the marketplace could come up with using competition and innovation. It for sure is not likely..but..it is not impossible to consider.
03-09-2013 01:02 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Pay the mob half of what the police get paid. Not only would they catch the crook, but justice would be swift and would prevent the individuals in question from committing further crimes...
03-09-2013 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
There are already plenty of examples of successful private security already being used nationwide. It is not a stretch to say that this trend will continue with more technology being available. ADT and others have monitored video surveillance and many communities have private security. The police react to crime. In most cases they do not prevent it. Only citizens can do that.
03-09-2013 09:23 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(03-09-2013 09:23 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  There are already plenty of examples of successful private security already being used nationwide. It is not a stretch to say that this trend will continue with more technology being available. ADT and others have monitored video surveillance and many communities have private security. The police react to crime. In most cases they do not prevent it. Only citizens can do that.
You think there are areas of this country are violent now, just wait until you have a private police force. Only those with money get the protection...anyone else, se la vie.
03-09-2013 10:49 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(03-09-2013 10:49 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 09:23 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  There are already plenty of examples of successful private security already being used nationwide. It is not a stretch to say that this trend will continue with more technology being available. ADT and others have monitored video surveillance and many communities have private security. The police react to crime. In most cases they do not prevent it. Only citizens can do that.
You think there are areas of this country are violent now, just wait until you have a private police force. Only those with money get the protection...anyone else, se la vie.

Looks like Foley Minn. just went totally private and is saving money in the process. Private security companies could surely replace government security. They would have a market incentive to protect people because they would lose their jobs if they failed. What we have now is unaccountable to the public. They screw up and nothing happens.
03-09-2013 11:46 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Actually it's worse than that. They screw up and are protected.
03-09-2013 01:01 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(03-09-2013 01:01 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Actually it's worse than that. They screw up and are protected.

Well stated.
03-09-2013 01:16 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-09-2013 10:49 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

You realize that DHS is quickly becoming the governments own private police force right? Of course you entirely support this because you are far too stupid to even understand a basis position on this topic.

You know how we know you are dumb? Because just about every single post you make proves as much.
03-11-2013 06:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.