Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

utep should change their nickname
Bookmark and Share
UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
utep should change their nickname
to the holding grabbing hacking mofos.

it's a odd the the conference hate Memphis so much, a team that is the only one good enough to actually make the ncaa tournament on a regular basis, that the allow other team to foul at will.

somehow the actual rules of basketball are suspended whenever the Tigers play another cusa team.
03-05-2013 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: utep should change their nickname
Lol
03-05-2013 10:06 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
03-lmfao
03-05-2013 10:07 PM
jobu Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners
*****, whine, piss, moan. It's called defense, amigo. We believe in it.
03-05-2013 10:10 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-05-2013 10:03 PM)UofMBandGuy Wrote:  to the holding grabbing hacking mofos.

it's a odd the the conference hate Memphis so much, a team that is the only one good enough to actually make the ncaa tournament on a regular basis, that the allow other team to foul at will.

somehow the actual rules of basketball are suspended whenever the Tigers play another cusa team.

Someone got a bug up their rear.....
03-05-2013 10:11 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss

well isn't it a little late to grip now since you have one C-USA regular season game left and the tourney? I mean come on isn't that a little bit unnecessary?
03-05-2013 10:41 PM
Advertisement

UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

Maybe. But Pete Gillen commented that the physical play "was not basketball" and the dude afterwards in the studio said teams will "dirty it up against Memphis."

So me and the "experts" are wrong this time. Sorry for wasting your time.

I was surprised Memphis won tonight frankly.
03-06-2013 12:16 AM
stanman505 Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Memphis is the more talented team with better athletes. UTEP did what they do best, play a physical type of basketball. By the way the officials called more fouls on Memphis tonight, so UTEP played physical withing the rules of the game and how it was being officiated. That is very smart basketball if you ask me.
03-06-2013 12:21 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
(03-06-2013 12:16 AM)UofMBandGuy Wrote:  Sorry for wasting your time.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  image.jpg (Size: 46.03 KB / Downloads: 33)
03-06-2013 12:22 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

You should change your name too.
03-06-2013 12:30 AM
UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

(03-06-2013 12:21 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  Memphis is the more talented team with better athletes. UTEP did what they do best, play a physical type of basketball. By the way the officials called more fouls on Memphis tonight, so UTEP played physical withing the rules of the game and how it was being officiated. That is very smart basketball if you ask me.

The refs always call more fouls on Memphis. That's my point. Black was hacked across both arms early on with no foul called. The he was pushed to the floor on a late rebound with no call. On the made basket by Black where the foul was called late in the game they guy with the goofy hairdo just pushed him in that back. Clear intention foul.

That "physical type basketball" that the refs allow is what is ruining college basketball which is exactly what Gillen said after the half.

We had three drives to the basket where the player was clearly fouled but no call. On the other end they called nothing fouls on us. The refs will miss some calls and you can only hope foe consistency. Didn't see that tonight.

Years ago Memphis was beating Arkansas by one point with only seconds left. A simple hand check was called and the Arkansas guy got two free throws that won the game. If that same hand check was called tonight utep would have fouled out every player on the team about 3 times.
03-06-2013 12:31 AM
Advertisement

UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

(03-06-2013 12:30 AM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

What too? Man who likes basketball played by the rules?
03-06-2013 12:33 AM
UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

(03-06-2013 12:21 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  Memphis is the more talented team with better athletes. UTEP did what they do best, play a physical type of basketball. By the way the officials called more fouls on Memphis tonight, so UTEP played physical withing the rules of the game and how it was being officiated. That is very smart basketball if you ask me.

It was not within the rules of basketball but the refs allowed it. My point and Gillens point. Sorry you missed that simple concept.

It's ruining college basketball.

It's, "I can't beat you straight up so we will muck up the game and hold and grab and foul because the refs won't call every foul." That's not basketball.
03-06-2013 12:36 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(03-06-2013 12:33 AM)UofMBandGuy Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 12:30 AM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

What too? Man who likes basketball played by the rules?

man who screams at Internet even though his team just won.
03-06-2013 12:40 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-06-2013 12:16 AM)UofMBandGuy Wrote:  Maybe. But Pete Gillen commented that the physical play "was not basketball" and the dude afterwards in the studio said teams will "dirty it up against Memphis."

So me and the "experts" are wrong this time. Sorry for wasting your time.

I was surprised Memphis won tonight frankly.

We all see games through fans' eyes and fans for each program could recall a few calls that they thought went unfairly their way in most games.

The only one that I saw that I thought was obviously incorrect was when Black was pushed to the floor and out of bounds on a rebound, but I can't recall others. Shaq is a freshman and IMO he's still learning how to play "with fouls", but he's still got some work to do.

I didn't think that the "dirty it up comment" was regarding fouls but aggressive defense and taking the shot clock below 10 seconds on so many possessions. Obviously Pete like Memphis and the style of ball we play, so he becomes frustrated when a team takes us out of that style.

We won in a slow-paced game, and I'm thankful for that. The Miner series shows that we don't do well in those slower games and I'm happy that we got out of El Paso with a win.
03-06-2013 12:44 AM
stanman505 Offline
All American

I actually thought the game was officiated at a very high level, one of the best I have seen at the Don this year.
03-06-2013 12:57 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-06-2013 12:57 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  I actually thought the game was officiated at a very high level, one of the best I have seen at the Don this year.

Of course you do. You root for the the holding grabbing hacking mofos. 03-lmfao
03-06-2013 12:59 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

(03-06-2013 12:57 AM)stanman505 Wrote:  I actually thought the game was officiated at a very high level, one of the best I have seen at the Don this year.

Overall, I thought so too. It was a physical, defensive, hard-nosed game.

But some clarinet playing mofos wouldn't be able to see it.
03-06-2013 01:01 AM
Funslinger Offline
All American

Yeah, and that's why Memphis is 15-0.
01-wingedeagle
03-06-2013 04:28 AM
UofMBandGuy Offline
Banned

I might say that too if the majority of calls went our way.

I did not like the play where Johnson raised his arms and slightly elbowed the utep player. There is not place for that in basketball.
03-06-2013 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.