Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for Marshall fans
Bookmark and Share
10miners Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP
Question for Marshall fans
i didnt know Jason Williams played for you guys in one season. Did he play flashy like he did in the NBA? Were you guys mad when he transfered to florida?
03-02-2013 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
RE: Question for Marshall fans
I don't know the full details of the times, but I do know he followed billy Donovan from mu to florida
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 10:32 AM by mufanatehc.)
03-03-2013 12:46 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
Yes, he did play flashy. Made quite a few GREAT passes, and some good shots. No, we were angry when he left. He moved up just like Billy did. As a low mid major, (I think we were still in the SoCon) you have to expect that.
He was also kinda flighty while he was in HS, so you never knew what to expect.
He and Billy made the right decision.
03-03-2013 06:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Williams is orig. from Belle, WV (Right outside of Charleston). He and Randy Moss both went to Dupont High School.

When Williams took his scholarship at Marshall he was overlooked by everyone, even Billy Donnavan at the time. Donnavan first recruited Matt Daniel (Marshall's Current Womens Basketball Coach), Daniel was Mr. Arkansas in 1995. Once Daniel committed to Colorado only then did Williams get his only DI offer in Marshall.
03-03-2013 11:49 AM
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
The very early 90's were an incredibly miserable period for Marshall basketball. Billy Donovan's 2 seasons at Marshall immediately restored Marshall back to competitiveness in basketball, including winning a regular season conference title in the Southern Conference (lost a heartbreaker in the conference tournament final). Everyone knew he would eventually land a high profile position.

Williams was going to go to Providence, but their coach left, and Donovan landed his commitment to stay closer to home. He redshirted one year, and then had a very strong freshman season for us. When Donovan left, Williams followed him. That same offseason, we left the Southern and joined the MAC, and given the upward trajectory they had put us on, there weren't a lot of hard feelings especially since everyone knew Donovan was a future diamond that Marshall gave the first shot to. I think Williams fell into that same category.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 12:21 PM by CoachMaclid.)
03-03-2013 12:20 PM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Williams was a big pick up for The Herd. As Maclid posted, Williams was set to go the the real Big East at Providence. When Williams didn't go to Providence and enter MU, it was a real big time pick up for The Herd.

I don't believe anyone was too upset about Donovan leaving after two years since he got an SEC offer. A lot of us were real upset that Williams went with Donovan. As turned out, Williams had "issues" and maybe it was for the best that he went to UF.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 01:21 PM by Flat Tire 2.)
03-03-2013 01:20 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC

03-03-2013 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.