03-02-2013 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
RE: another uodate from jersey guy
(03-02-2013 03:48 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  http://ajerseyguy.com/

Soooo they will drag it out until Weds to be a bunch of D-Bags. Thats just what I was saying. Pretty freakin' petty.
03-02-2013 03:57 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
This is my favorite part.

"Forget the part about Notre Dame being part of the Catholic 7 for a year. A large segment of the Catholic 7 group really doesn’t want the Irish as a one and done participant."
03-02-2013 03:59 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
(03-02-2013 03:59 PM)ivet Wrote:  This is my favorite part.

"Forget the part about Notre Dame being part of the Catholic 7 for a year. A large segment of the Catholic 7 group really doesn’t want the Irish as a one and done participant."

I can only imagine the looks of confussion going on in south bend. "what do you mean they dont want US for just 1 year"? 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 04:11 PM by gosports1.)
03-02-2013 04:11 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

Hahaha

For you Ivet

03-02-2013 04:14 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

Me too. It was a really dumb idea.
03-02-2013 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(03-02-2013 03:57 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Soooo they will drag it out until Weds to be a bunch of D-Bags. Thats just what I was saying. Pretty freakin' petty.

Sounds like they want more money for the name and they are willing to make everybody wait until they get their price. Somebody at the BE finally grows a pair and you call that petty. I call that doing business.
03-02-2013 08:21 PM
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(03-02-2013 08:21 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  

Sounds like they want more money for the name and they are willing to make everybody wait until they get their price. Somebody at the BE finally grows a pair and you call that petty. I call that doing business.

Redman is saying they just want to disrupt the Fox announcement Tuesday. I don't think that's a factor. I think either
A) they want more $$$ or
B) they're completely divided and can't agree on what they want.
03-02-2013 08:38 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-02-2013 08:38 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  I think either
A) they want more $$$ or
Those 2 options are not mutually exclusive.

I have no idea what the tone or attitude of these negotiations have been like. It did seem a bit foolish to announce the press conference with FOX while the terms of the split are still being hashed out. My understanding is that it was FOX that made that mistake and not someone directly connected to a C7 school. But still, that is the sort of thing that can leave a sour taste at the negotiating table.
03-02-2013 10:53 PM
Advertisement

johnbragg Offline

(03-02-2013 10:53 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 08:38 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  I think either
A) they want more $$$ or
Those 2 options are not mutually exclusive.

I have no idea what the tone or attitude of these negotiations have been like. It did seem a bit foolish to announce the press conference with FOX while the terms of the split are still being hashed out. My understanding is that it was FOX that made that mistake and not someone directly connected to a C7 school. But still, that is the sort of thing that can leave a sour taste at the negotiating table.

The announced press conference is to officially announce FoxSports1 and 2. Announcing our deal there was just speculation.
03-02-2013 11:26 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think there's a lot more to Tuesday than you are giving it credit for John. It would be the crown jewel of Tuesday quite frankly. I do think with that Fox is putting a LOT of pressure on us to get it done by Monday night quite frankly so it could be announced.

I think the Aresco league is looking for extra concessions before Monday to get it done. I think they're reading that fox is desperate and will do almost anything to get it done by Monday.
03-03-2013 01:05 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

Did you miss the part where Jeryguy said that they might stretch it out until weds just because?

"If they can get it done by Tuesday night, Fox sports can have its press conference with the Catholic 7 as stars of the show. If not….well, let’s just say sometimes paybacks are indeed expensive."
03-03-2013 03:27 AM
johnbragg Offline

I don't think Fox is going to effectively spend millions so that they can have a press conference that no one will remember in 2 weeks. It's a press conference. They're launching FoxSports1 with MLB, UFC, NASCAR, Big 12, PAC, maybe still some soccer for the first year (those contracts might run one more year). We're only the crown jewel of FoxSports1 from December to early MArch. Fox is not going to throw $5-10M at the Arescoids so that Tuesday's press conference is even awesomer.
03-03-2013 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn

If the C7 walks away from the name, as they should if the price is not right, I'll be calling the actions by Aresco & the rest of the nBE dumb. It would just be another typical move by our leadership to get too greedy and overvalue an asset.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 11:04 AM by Melky Cabrera.)
03-03-2013 09:33 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
the c7 doesnt need to announce monday. They could tell the Fb side, get this done by monday in time for the announcement by fox and you'll get "x" $$$. For everyday it delayed past that we'll take away "y" $$$ from our offer. If you dont agree to all our terms than we'll wait until next year and PAY nothing and sue you for the name. Hopfully by the then the ACC or B12 will need UConn and Cincy. Maybe the C7 would win maybe they wouldnt but would the FB BE be willing to take that risk?
03-03-2013 10:53 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(03-03-2013 10:53 AM)gosports1 Wrote:  the c7 doesnt need to announce monday. They could tell the Fb side, get this done by monday in time for the announcement by fox and you'll get "x" $$$. For everyday it delayed past that we'll take away "y" $$$ from our offer. If you dont agree to all our terms than we'll wait until next year and PAY nothing and sue you for the name. Hopfully by the then the ACC or B12 will need UConn and Cincy. Maybe the C7 would win maybe they wouldnt but would the FB BE be willing to take that risk?

to me, that's way too risky. We would be in the 18 team big east next year making half what we would make(if we're lucky). We come out financially close to the same, with questionable us getting the name.

Also, especially if things happen after 7/1- them losing UConn and/or Cincy won't mean anything.

Bottom line I think it's way more important for us to get it done than vice versa. Always, when you're in that position, the other guy has the leverage.
03-03-2013 11:30 AM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(03-03-2013 03:27 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Did you miss the part where Jeryguy said that they might stretch it out until weds just because?

"If they can get it done by Tuesday night, Fox sports can have its press conference with the Catholic 7 as stars of the show. If not….well, let’s just say sometimes paybacks are indeed expensive."

No didn't miss it. I see it all the time in negotiations. One party just decides to let the other side sweat a little to see what happens. Very often the result is the other party cracks and sweetens the deal.
03-03-2013 12:00 PM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(03-03-2013 09:33 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  

If the C7 walks away from the name, as they should if the price is not right, I'll be calling the actions by Aresco & the rest of the nBE dumb. It would just be another typical move by our leadership to get too greedy and overvalue an asset.

Contract negotiations are often like playing poker. Sometimes a bluff works, sometimes it doesn't. It sounded to me like the BE wanted more for the name from the C7. It could be that they were just upset about the Fox event and decided to piss on it by not settling. Either way the BE either keeps a recognizable name or sells it for a bunch of $/NCAA credits.
I will say this though. It's easy for me to keep calm about this, because RU is off to the BIG, so I have no stake in this game.
03-03-2013 12:04 PM
Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
(03-03-2013 12:04 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 09:33 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  

Contract negotiations are often like playing poker. Sometimes a bluff works, sometimes it doesn't. It sounded to me like the BE wanted more for the name from the C7. It could be that they were just upset about the Fox event and decided to piss on it by not settling. Either way the BE either keeps a recognizable name or sells it for a bunch of $/NCAA credits.
I will say this though. It's easy for me to keep calm about this, because RU is off to the BIG, so I have no stake in this game.

Good points. A calm voice would be nice for them to have in their ear at this point.

I think that both sides are overvaluing the name at this point. As you wisely point out, sitting there seems to increase the pressure and raise the stakes - at least in everyone's mind - just by doing nothing.
03-03-2013 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.