Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Bowl Situation
Bookmark and Share
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
CUSA Bowl Situation
With the Big East football conference officially dead, is it possible we could see a few bowls affiliations come CUSA's way? The Belk bowl would be a good addition now that we have Charlotte on board. The BBVA bowl in Birmingham would be a good affiliation as well. What do you think?
02-28-2013 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: CUSA Bowl Situation
ummm, you know those teams didnt disband the conference or their football programs, right?
02-28-2013 11:22 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(02-28-2013 11:09 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  With the Big East football conference officially dead, is it possible we could see a few bowls affiliations come CUSA's way? The Belk bowl would be a good addition now that we have Charlotte on board. The BBVA bowl in Birmingham would be a good affiliation as well. What do you think?

What do I think..............what have you been smoking? NBE is not going anywhere......New name maybe........Officially dead?
Can you say need President vote first? Monies and ESPN support will determine this outcome.

Do you not know who is in charge of college football and drive the bus.....ESPN

Do you not know who owns NBE (CUSA 2.0)........ESPN

ESPN will NOT support any losers and will make sure of its success in TV showing and bowl game appearances:)

Nature of Beast......Big Boys will pick ACC, ACC will pick NBE, NBE will pick Cusa, MWC will try pick NBE and Cusa.....Cusa will pick others (lower mid-levels and Division I schools). Again, ESPN is in control.

Belk Bowl is one main reason ECU got selected. Belks Bowl officials KNOWS how well ECU fans support its teams. ECU plays either VT or USC every other year in Charlotte with a sellout crowd. Charlotte needs to play football first and have a winning season in Cusa before it can go to any bowl.

Please do your homework before asking such questions.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 11:39 PM by r2pirate.)
02-28-2013 11:31 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2013 11:22 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  ummm, you know those teams didnt disband the conference or their football programs, right?

The point is, will some of the Bowl sponsors still want to be affiliated with a "yet to be named" conference? If I were in the "no name" conference, that would be a legitimate concern.
02-28-2013 11:37 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

(02-28-2013 11:37 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:22 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  ummm, you know those teams didnt disband the conference or their football programs, right?

The point is, will some of the Bowl sponsors still want to be affiliated with a "yet to be named" conference? If I were in the "no name" conference, that would be a legitimate concern.

Do you not think ESPN knew this was a possible from the get go
ESPN is in control of major college football and bowl games. Cusa will be lucky not lose any of its present bowl games with it newies.
.........Check who owns Top 4 conference plus NBE....they will have the final sayso because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
not c7 and Fox.........please. Also I have nothing but respect for MU and would hope we play either conference or nonconference in future.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:04 AM by r2pirate.)
02-28-2013 11:46 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-28-2013 11:46 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  

...........Remember.........ESPN is in control of major college football
.........Check who owns Top 4 conference plus NBE....they will have the final sayso because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
not c7 and Fox.........please. Also I have nothing but respect for MU and would hope we play either conference or nonconference in future.

True. ESPN matched the contract with NBC. That means that NBC clause about a 2 million dollar advertising campaign to promote the stupid new name will be in the new ESPN contract.
02-28-2013 11:55 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

Can't speak for any of them but the Liberty Bowl....and the answer would be yes. Well yes above CUSA without Memphis.
02-28-2013 11:59 PM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
(02-28-2013 11:31 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:09 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  With the Big East football conference officially dead, is it possible we could see a few bowls affiliations come CUSA's way? The Belk bowl would be a good addition now that we have Charlotte on board. The BBVA bowl in Birmingham would be a good affiliation as well. What do you think?

What do I think..............what have you been smoking? NBE is not going anywhere......New name maybe........Officially dead?
Can you say need President vote first? Monies and ESPN support will determine this outcome.

ESPN will NOT support any losers and will make sure of its success in TV showing and bowl game appearances:)

Nature of Beast......Big Boys will pick ACC, ACC will pick NBE, NBE will pick Cusa, MWC will try pick NBE and Cusa.....Cusa will pick others (lower mid-levels and Division I schools). Again, ESPN is in control.

Belk Bowl is one main reason ECU got selected. Belks Bowl officials KNOWS how well ECU fans support its teams. ECU plays either VT or USC every other year in Charlotte with a sellout crowd. Charlotte needs to play football first and have a winning season in Cusa before it can go to any bowl.

you do know ESPN owns the media rights for the MAC and the SBC... lots of promoting going on there...

have fun! 03-nutkick
03-01-2013 12:01 AM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

(03-01-2013 12:01 AM)mufanatehc Wrote:  

We are talking about the top five conferences (SI)......not the bottom feeders who may receive 1/2 or 1/4 of one million.....when do they place Tuesdays and Wednesdays? Answer to your question....NO!

you do know ESPN owns the media rights for the MAC and the SBC... lots of promoting going on there...

have fun! 03-nutkick
03-01-2013 12:09 AM
Advertisement

MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2013 11:46 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  

ESPN is in control of major college football and bowl games. Cusa will be lucky not lose any of its present bowl games with it newies.

I have nothing but respect for ECU as well. I bet we end up scheduling some OOC football games every couple years.
03-01-2013 12:13 AM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

(03-01-2013 12:01 AM)mufanatehc Wrote:  

We are talking about the top five conferences (SI)......not the bottom feeders who may receive 1/2 or 1/4 of one million.....when do they place Tuesdays and Wednesdays? Answer to your question....NO!

have fun! 03-nutkick

Such a hater.....you asked a question........you got an opinion with facts and an answer (NO and why). Now you want to get into name calling. I know most MU supporters would not support such a negative reply:(

P.S. Your images take up to much space, too. (Opinion)
03-01-2013 12:17 AM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
I didn't ask any questions in this thread, nor have I resorted to name calling or negative messages. I just posted an example of the support ESPN gives to its non power brands.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 10:56 AM by mufanatehc.)
03-01-2013 12:28 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
C-USA Bowls

Liberty Bowl vs SEC with caviats for BE to replace C-USA. Lose this one.
New Orleans Bowl vs Sun Belt. Should remain with C-USA.
Hawaii Bowl vs MWC. Likely keep this one.
Beef O'Brady Bowl vs BE. Likely keep this one.
Ticket City Bowl vs Big Ten. C-USA invested financially and will keep this one.
Armed Forces Bowl vs MWC or Academies in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 (this is in Ft Worth and they would likely want to have the opportunity to have Houston and/or SMU as the host team. Would not doubt that this could become a shared slot with C-USA being in on a rotating basis with the MWC or nBE.)

BE Bowls

BCS for the coming season.
Russell Athletic Bowl
Belk Bowl
Pinstripe Bowl (rumors that B1G and ACC may get this one.)
Beef O'Brady Bowl
BBVA Compass Bowl

If the nBE does not expand further then they will likely not contract with more than 5. If Navy still comes in 2015 and one more is added for 12 members, they will likely contract with 6 bowls at least.
03-01-2013 10:41 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
NBE what ever the name will be. Likely will have 5 or 6 bowls in the end. Same for CUSA.

NBE...Contract if #1 of gang.. Liberty, (BELK or CHAMPS) not both, Beef, Nawlins, most likely a Tex bowl' compass.

CUSA.. Contract if #1 of gang, Tex bowl you own, Haw, Beef, armed forces (possibly shared with NBE)
03-01-2013 10:49 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-28-2013 11:31 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Belk Bowl is one main reason ECU got selected. Belks Bowl officials KNOWS how well ECU fans support its teams. ECU plays either VT or USC every other year in Charlotte with a sellout crowd. Charlotte needs to play football first and have a winning season in Cusa before it can go to any bowl.

Bank of America Stadium, Capacity

ECU vs. South Carolina 58,272
ECU vs. VT 72,169

Good support be neither a sellout.
03-01-2013 11:01 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

Yes, the BE football teams have ceast to be. Now Marshall can finally feel good about itself for not being wanted by another league.
03-01-2013 11:20 AM
Freshy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-01-2013 10:49 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  NBE what ever the name will be. Likely will have 5 or 6 bowls in the end. Same for CUSA.

NBE...Contract if #1 of gang.. Liberty, (BELK or CHAMPS) not both, Beef, Nawlins, most likely a Tex bowl' compass.

CUSA.. Contract if #1 of gang, Tex bowl you own, Haw, Beef, armed forces (possibly shared with NBE)

I posted the full reasoning on the other board, but it is very unlikely CUSA gets shut out completely from the Liberty/BBVA Bowls. I do expect to see the Big East take over the bigger payday and higher SEC seed in the Liberty, though.

I doubt you guys get the New Orleans Bowl. That's a bowl organization that considers Southern Miss vs Ulala its ideal matchup for ticket sales. It doesn't like Tulane because they won't sell hotel rooms, and probably fears drawing Temple or UConn. Finally, NOLA is still virtually surrounded by CUSA and sun belt schools within easy driving distance.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 11:40 AM by Freshy.)
03-01-2013 11:38 AM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

(03-01-2013 11:01 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:31 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Belk Bowl is one main reason ECU got selected. Belks Bowl officials KNOWS how well ECU fans support its teams. ECU plays either VT or USC every other year in Charlotte with a sellout crowd. Charlotte needs to play football first and have a winning season in Cusa before it can go to any bowl.

Bank of America Stadium, Capacity

ECU vs. South Carolina 58,272
ECU vs. VT 72,169

Good support be neither a sellout.

How many fans can 49ers football stadium seat and when does UNCC starts playing in Cusa? By the way 58,000+ and 72,000+ are alot of dollars and cents for both teams and city of Charlotte (hotels and diners). I think this is the main reason ECU keeps getting invited back to Charlotte and why Belk Bowl wanted ECU in nBE.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 11:34 PM by r2pirate.)
03-01-2013 09:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.