Tulane 3.88%
ECU 3.46%
Tulsa 3.33%
UAB 1.39%
Houston 0.83%
SMU 0.65%
Marshall 0.44%
Rice 0.00%

If you are observant you may notice that doesn't add up to 100%. That is because they listed UCF (who won't be in the tournament) with a 4.56% chance.
02-25-2013 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: Who will win the C-USA Basketball Tournament rpiforcast.com
So you're saying there is a chance. Awesome!
02-25-2013 08:20 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
simple fact is that there are only two teams that have any chance of beating Memphis from a match up perspective.
02-25-2013 08:28 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(02-25-2013 08:20 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  So you're saying there is a chance. Awesome!

For everyone but Rice. Which seems impossible to me. I guess however they figured this Rice had less than a .005% chance.
02-25-2013 08:28 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(02-25-2013 08:28 PM)banker Wrote:  simple fact is that there are only two teams that have any chance of beating Memphis from a match up perspective.

You probably wouldn't include us but Akeem Richmond has hit 22 three's in the last 3 games and is averaging about 24ppg in 25mpg now that he's getting more minutes. He could certainly get hot over a three game stretch. Kemp might be the best player in CUSA. If they both show at the same time we can beat about anyone. With the tourny out of Memphis I think we got a better than 3 percent chance myself the way we can score.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 08:39 PM by StillJonesing.)
02-25-2013 08:37 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(02-25-2013 08:28 PM)banker Wrote:  simple fact is that there are only two teams that have any chance of beating Memphis from a match up perspective.

Who's that? Marshall and Houston?

Memphis is undefeated against C-USA. Here is every team's average margin of defeat. Actual margin(s) of defeat in parenthesis.

Marshall: 6.5 (1, 12)
Houston: 7 (7)
SMU: 8 (8)
ECU: 10 (13, 7)
Tulane: 11 (11)
USM: 14.5 (13, 16)
UAB: 16 (16)
UCF: 22 (22)
Rice: 26 (26)
Tulsa: 30 (30)
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 08:41 PM by TheEastisPurple.)
02-25-2013 08:41 PM
Advertisement

Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
UTEP IMO would present the toughest matchup for Memphis because of their pace of play. The rest of you guys play too fast to hold Memphis' athletes down for 40 minutes. And if you've watched us play over the last 2 weeks we look like a much more cohesive team. The games against ECU, first game against Marshall, game against SMU, and Tulane were really before this team flipped the light switch, and most national writers who've been following Memphis have agreeed. Margin of defeat isn't what I'd base who has the best chance to knock us off in the CUSA tourney.
02-26-2013 10:41 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

You didn't exactly get our best shot last game either. We didn't have Sampson and he's one of the best rebounders and shotblockers in CUSA. When he's on the court and Kemp is pushed back down to SF it changes our team a lot.
02-26-2013 10:50 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
We played lights out vs menphis abd still got wompmed in second half
02-26-2013 10:54 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2013 10:41 AM)Tampa Bay Tiger Wrote:  UTEP IMO would present the toughest matchup for Memphis because of their pace of play. The rest of you guys play too fast to hold Memphis' athletes down for 40 minutes. And if you've watched us play over the last 2 weeks we look like a much more cohesive team. The games against ECU, first game against Marshall, game against SMU, and Tulane were really before this team flipped the light switch, and most national writers who've been following Memphis have agreeed. Margin of defeat isn't what I'd base who has the best chance to knock us off in the CUSA tourney.

Memphis @ UTEP March 5th should tell us something.
02-26-2013 10:56 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
No one is going to beat Memphis in the C-USA tourney.
02-26-2013 11:11 AM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
UTEP's tempo drives us nuts and they have a confidence against us that some other conference programs don't have. That's a series that I'll miss next year, as is UAB and USM.

As mentioned above, Tulane did indeed play lights out in the game here. I was convinced that the Green Wave would be a strong force in the conference this year having only seen them that one time at that point in the season.

Our best 3 games of the year were Tulsa, USM, and USM. It's still amazing to me that we've average +14.5 against the Golden Eagles. They are a good basketball team.

I suppose that with the conference's best outside shooter, another that is best league player, another that is perhaps the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league, and with no Memphis home court advantage; ECU should be the heavy favorite to win the tournament. Perhaps they will.

Let's take a vote on best shot blocker in the league:
DJ Stephens ____
Sampson _______

:)
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 11:16 AM by oldtiger.)
02-26-2013 11:13 AM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
(02-26-2013 11:11 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  No one is going to beat Memphis in the C-USA tourney.

Could Memphis beat Memphis?
02-26-2013 11:16 AM
Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2013 11:16 AM)PGPirate Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 11:11 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  No one is going to beat Memphis in the C-USA tourney.

Could Memphis beat Memphis?

See last year's NCAA tournament game 03-banghead
02-26-2013 11:19 AM
Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2013 10:50 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  You didn't exactly get our best shot last game either. We didn't have Sampson and he's one of the best rebounders and shotblockers in CUSA. When he's on the court and Kemp is pushed back down to SF it changes our team a lot.

Memphis' best shot >>>>>> ECU's best shot.....just sayin'
02-26-2013 11:20 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2013 11:13 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  I suppose that with the conference's best outside shooter, another that is best league player, another that is perhaps the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league, and with no Memphis home court advantage; ECU should be the heavy favorite to win the tournament. Perhaps they will.

Pretty sure I said "one" of the best Rebounders and Shotblockers as far as Sampson, but would you argue Kemp hasn't been one of the handful of top players this year, if not tops? Would you argue that Richmond's not one of the most prolific 3 point shooters in the nation when he's 11th in 3's made a game at 45% playing only 17 minutes? Paul might still even be the best PG even although he's had a down season. Even Armstrong has been big this year averaging 12 and 7 in conference play. We got the players to make a run.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 11:55 AM by StillJonesing.)
02-26-2013 11:54 AM
Advertisement

Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

ECU has also been one of the most inconsistent teams in CUSA this year. And you are consistenly the biggest homer on this board, as even ECU fans stay clear of you and Marv.
02-26-2013 12:02 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-26-2013 11:54 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 11:13 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  I suppose that with the conference's best outside shooter, another that is best league player, another that is perhaps the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league, and with no Memphis home court advantage; ECU should be the heavy favorite to win the tournament. Perhaps they will.

Pretty sure I said "one" of the best Rebounders and Shotblockers as far as Sampson, but would you argue Kemp hasn't been one of the handful of top players this year, if not tops? Would you argue that Richmond's not one of the most prolific 3 point shooters in the nation when he's 11th in 3's made a game at 45% playing only 17 minutes? Paul might still even be the best PG even although he's had a down season. Even Armstrong has been big this year averaging 12 and 7 in conference play. We got the players to make a run.

I'm only having fun taking your comments and trying to fill out an all conference team and figuring out who should be favored in the conference tournament.

We're going to have to have a 6 man all conference first team to get all of the deserving Pirate players on it if this conversation lasts much longer.

I only hope that there is room for one Tiger player, but those chances seem to be slipping away pretty quickly.

Having fun and enjoying life with some humor isn't as bad of a practice as you may think.
02-26-2013 12:20 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
I'd say Memphis has about a 90% of winning it.
02-26-2013 12:21 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2013 12:02 PM)Tampa Bay Tiger Wrote:  ECU has also been one of the most inconsistent teams in CUSA this year.

No $hit.

Quote:And you are consistenly the biggest homer on this board, as even ECU fans stay clear of you and Marv.

Have you read any post the three months. I'm not happy at all with this season. This is the first time since December I've been hopeful about meeting our talent level now Richmond is actually getting to play.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 12:27 PM by StillJonesing.)
02-26-2013 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.