UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB Baseball Team Wins Game 1 vs. Xavier...
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
UAB Baseball Team Wins Game 1 vs. Xavier...
There seems to be a prevailing pattern with the Blazers on the home diamond (at least when I'm in attendance), the biggest lead I see them get on average is 4 runs or less, then the visitors get their "second wind" and turn what appears to be a potential rout into a real nailbiter. Yesterday evening was no exception, as UAB holds off the Musketeers of Xavier, 4-3. They were a very close call at second on a tag play at 2nd base from at best, tying the game and going extra innings (man, it was cold out there, too!).

Besides the win (way to go, Blazers, by the way), I have a glaring concern about one of the returning players, I think it was Tanner Bryant, that got injured while pitching in the top of the 5th or 6th, couldn't tell if it was his shoulder, arm or ribs. But he had to be replaced.

Was wondering if anyone from here, was there for the game, that knows the extent of Mr. Bryant's injury.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 03:51 PM by Matrix.)
02-23-2013 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazertke Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: UAB Baseball Team Wins Game 1 vs. Xavier...
Good win for the Blazers, wish I could make it down for a game.
02-23-2013 09:54 AM
mrchance33 Offline
1st String

All three runs were given up by a freshman pitcher they put in for mop up duty. Pitchng this year is looking really dreadful beside mallard and Munger coming out of the bullpen.
02-23-2013 10:23 AM
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
Blazers win today's game 4-2! 02-13-banana
02-23-2013 05:15 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
Go Blazers!
02-23-2013 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I got there in the bottom of the 5th, score tied at 2-2. Save for the one error that I didn't see, UAB's defense was rock solid, turned some nice plays in the infield. Love the idea that they're taking chances on the base paths, too, that double steal to score the go-ahead run in the 6th or 7th was priceless. Xavier definitely viewed Ivan De Jesus as a bona fide threat at bat and on base.

Good crowd on hand again, and it wasn't as cold & windy as it was yesterday. Still no official word on the extent of Tanner Bryant's injury.

And the pitching was much better today, I think they're going to be just fine in that department this year. Cameron (#28) came in the top of the 9th and shut the front door on Xavier's final at-bat

Break out the brooms, Blazers go for the "sweep" at high noon tomorrow. Wish I could be there, but I'm sentenced to work this weekend.

Still have yet to see a "Blazer Bomb" (Home Run) from one of our "Young Dragons" at home. Who shall be the one to put one on the Boulevard first?
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 07:43 AM by Matrix.)
02-23-2013 05:40 PM
mrchance33 Offline
1st String

(02-23-2013 05:40 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Still have yet to see a "Blazer Bomb" (Home Run) from one of our "Young Dragons" at home. Who shall be the one to put one on the Boulevard first?

Schalk already hit a homerun at home against SIU in the 3rd game.
02-23-2013 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2013 06:57 PM)mrchance33 Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 05:40 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Still have yet to see a "Blazer Bomb" (Home Run) from one of our "Young Dragons" at home. Who shall be the one to put one on the Boulevard first?

Schalk already hit a homerun at home against SIU in the 3rd game.

Okay. Thank you ...I wasn't able to attend that one, had to work some rec league basketball games that evening. If I'm recalling correctly, Jeff is a "Southpaw" hitter...What part of the outfield did he launch his "bomb" on the Salukis?(has anyone ever seen anyone walking a Saluki on the street? That's a rare breed of dog, I've never seen one outside of on TV during the Westminster Dog Show)...Can't remember what "group" they would fall under...
02-24-2013 07:46 AM
ronnie b Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: uab
Tanner Bryant is good to go for the UGA series.
02-25-2013 08:36 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-25-2013 08:36 PM)ronnie b Wrote:  Tanner Bryant is good to go for the UGA series.

Glad to hear that! The way he was favoring his arm/shoulder on the mound in the last game I saw him in had me concerned, put me in mind of what had happened to Slausberg(?) (Washington Nationals Pitcher)...Scorch The Hedges, "Blaze!"
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 02:51 PM by Matrix.)
02-26-2013 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.