Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Serious Note
Bookmark and Share
eagles09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: C-Usa
Serious Note
With the current state of the Big East contract I know that some athletic directors are going to seriously think about returning to cusa. Which teams have outs that allow them to return without financial penalty. I know Houston has an out. The Big East is technically going to have the same contract that cusa had with espn a few years ago when we played on Sundays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Southern Miss had 11 out of 12 games televised last season in HD on SATURDAYS so we had nothing to complain about. The one game we had that wasn't televised was against wku on awful espn3.
02-21-2013 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Serious Note
not gonna happen

the big east will end up making cusa money
cusa will end up making sun belt money...

there its is folks. wait until it all shakes out.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 10:49 PM by shere khan.)
02-21-2013 10:48 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(02-21-2013 10:46 PM)eagles09 Wrote:  With the current state of the Big East contract I know that some athletic directors are going to seriously think about returning to cusa. Which teams have outs that allow them to return without financial penalty. I know Houston has an out. The Big East is technically going to have the same contract that cusa had with espn a few years ago when we played on Sundays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Southern Miss had 11 out of 12 games televised last season in HD on SATURDAYS so we had nothing to complain about. The one game we had that wasn't televised was against wku on awful espn3.

To late. The only "possible" return school would be ECU. They have options. Technically Tulane does also but I'd say that bridge has been burned between them and CUSA. The only problem with taking back ECU would be the fact that somebody else would have to be added to make it and even number. That would be just another mouth to feed. I don't see it happening.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 10:51 PM by MUHERD76.)
02-21-2013 10:50 PM
Freshy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-21-2013 10:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  not gonna happen

I am still waiting on someone to present me with some sort of evidence that suggests this line of thought is anything more than a linear rationalization. CUSA's television contracts do not contain clauses stating they will earn a fixed percentage of what the Big East gets. There is more than one variable in play...
02-21-2013 11:20 PM
Advertisement

SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I doubt any comes back anytime soon even if they can. They might but I think pride if nothing else will stop that return. Also time will tell if the change was worth it and so far I can only speak for myself, but I am glad USM isn't involved. I am not seeing much to make me want to go with them.
02-21-2013 11:32 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(02-21-2013 11:32 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  I doubt any comes back anytime soon even if they can. They might but I think pride if nothing else will stop that return. Also time will tell if the change was worth it and so far I can only speak for myself, but I am glad USM isn't involved. I am not seeing much to make me want to go with them.

+1. I'm glad we weren't involved in it as well. Could have been a very costly move......for essentially nothing.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 11:56 PM by MUHERD76.)
02-21-2013 11:36 PM
DaSaintFan Online
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(02-21-2013 10:50 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 10:46 PM)eagles09 Wrote:  With the current state of the Big East contract I know that some athletic directors are going to seriously think about returning to cusa. Which teams have outs that allow them to return without financial penalty. I know Houston has an out. The Big East is technically going to have the same contract that cusa had with espn a few years ago when we played on Sundays and Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Southern Miss had 11 out of 12 games televised last season in HD on SATURDAYS so we had nothing to complain about. The one game we had that wasn't televised was against wku on awful espn3.

To late. The only "possible" return school would be ECU. They have options. Technically Tulane does also but I'd say that bridge has been burned between them and CUSA. The only problem with taking back ECU would be the fact that somebody else would have to be added to make it and even number. That would be just another mouth to feed. I don't see it happening.

I'd say ECu and Tulane have outs, as they never "officially" accepted right? They just gave a verbal commitment (ala TCU). But like everyone else, I dont' see it happening.
02-22-2013 01:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Even if they money is what was expected I'd imagine the departing teams would want to stay with teams they know so I don't see them coming back.
02-22-2013 09:45 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Let Tulane and ECU back and the rest of them can lie in the bed they made.
02-22-2013 09:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(02-22-2013 09:49 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Let Tulane and ECU back and the rest of them can lie in the bed they made.

I wouldn't want ECU back unless there was some new stuff written in a contract to prevent them from openly whoring themselves out to any group that they perceive is better than the one they are with. That was more annoying to me than anything any of the other schools did.
02-22-2013 09:59 AM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(02-22-2013 09:59 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 09:49 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Let Tulane and ECU back and the rest of them can lie in the bed they made.

I wouldn't want ECU back unless there was some new stuff written in a contract to prevent them from openly whoring themselves out to any group that they perceive is better than the one they are with. That was more annoying to me than anything any of the other schools did.

ECU was left out in the first go-round. USM advocated for them. They're not a slam-dunk for anything. ODU is better at everything except football.
02-22-2013 10:12 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
ECU was constantly trying to get the hell out though. I would rather have what is perceived as a lesser program that is happy to be a part of the conference then a school that feels it is always too good for the programs it is in a conference with.
02-22-2013 10:32 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

(02-21-2013 10:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  not gonna happen

No, just no.

It would behoove some of you to pay attention to the ones that have been right on this board more often than not, and not just pay attention to those that tell you what you want to hear.
02-22-2013 10:40 AM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
ECU and Tulane may have considered coming back but CUSA went and invited all the random schools. I think that is a coffin nail.
02-22-2013 10:41 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(02-22-2013 10:32 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  ECU was constantly trying to get the hell out though. I would rather have what is perceived as a lesser program that is happy to be a part of the conference then a school that feels it is always too good for the programs it is in a conference with.

I would rather be with the higher-quality program regardless, e.g. Louisville. I just don't think ECU is a higher-quality program.
02-22-2013 10:43 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-22-2013 10:41 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  ECU and Tulane may have considered coming back but CUSA went and invited all the random schools. I think that is a coffin nail.

BB made a power move that should've spoken volumes to some of you.....the C7 meltdown just confirmed it.
02-22-2013 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.