Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
BracketBusher Saturday: Missouri State
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mosu...elease.pdf

Two things stand out:

1). The team plays three guards but not a lot of assists or a top assist man,

2). The team is basically a small and young starting five.

Will Murphy go:

Ross, Sims, Harrison, Bryant and Riley?

My guess is that we match up very well vs. them.

If DT wasn't in a shooting slump I could see maybe a 3-guard lineup??
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:10 PM by emu steve.)
02-21-2013 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

realistEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
RE: BracketBusher Saturday: Missouri State
8-20 team last time I checked... I think we will come away with a W especially since we have been very good at home this year.
02-21-2013 03:29 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-21-2013 03:29 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  8-20 team last time I checked... I think we will come away with a W especially since we have been very good at home this year.

Agree.

We are at home. They will probably have a long flight from Springfield, Mo I'd guess tomorrow (the weather is bad in the area there).

We have all of the intangibles.
02-21-2013 03:38 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Missouri Valley Conference is solid. I've got MO State in this one boys.
02-21-2013 10:02 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2013 03:29 PM)realistEagle Wrote:  8-20 team last time I checked... I think we will come away with a W especially since we have been very good at home this year.
Have we been good or less bad?
02-21-2013 10:05 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2013 10:02 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Missouri Valley Conference is solid. I've got MO State in this one boys.

The valley has two really good teams, one decent team, and lots of blah after that. Missouri State is a bad team. They don't shoot it well, they don't rebound well, they don't pass well...they don't do much of anything well. But because they have had the opportunity to get blown out by Creighton and Wichita State four times this year, they have an advantage? If you say so.
02-21-2013 10:47 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-21-2013 10:47 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 10:02 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Missouri Valley Conference is solid. I've got MO State in this one boys.

The valley has two really good teams, one decent team, and lots of blah after that. Missouri State is a bad team. They don't shoot it well, they don't rebound well, they don't pass well...they don't do much of anything well. But because they have had the opportunity to get blown out by Creighton and Wichita State four times this year, they have an advantage? If you say so.
"They don't shoot it well, they don't rebound well, they don't pass well...they don't do much of anything well." Not to be a weisenheimer, but you just described our EMU Eagles. The MVC is much more than 2 great teams; it is pretty solid top to bottom. How do I know this? I lived in Des Moines for 8 years, a stone's throw from the Drake campus and got to follow that conference closely. Northern Iowa, Drake, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, Bradley. Lots of history and tradition. I'd be shocked if EMU won this one.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 08:03 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
02-22-2013 08:02 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-22-2013 08:02 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

"They don't shoot it well, they don't rebound well, they don't pass well...they don't do much of anything well." Not to be a weisenheimer, but you just described our EMU Eagles. The MVC is much more than 2 great teams; it is pretty solid top to bottom. How do I know this? I lived in Des Moines for 8 years, a stone's throw from the Drake campus and got to follow that conference closely. Northern Iowa, Drake, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana State, Bradley. Lots of history and tradition. I'd be shocked if EMU won this one.

Here are the Sagarins:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sa...kc1213.htm

MVC is a very good conference, but like almost all conferences they have bottom feeders.

Missouri State is at the bottom of the MVC.

We did not draw Creighton. :)
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 09:41 AM by emu steve.)
02-22-2013 09:40 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

That's great. The MVC isn't nearly as good as it once was. Southern Illinois and Drake are as terrible as Missouri State. Illinois State has been a MASSIVE disappointment this year. Bradley and Evansville are very "ho hum". Northern Iowa and Indiana State are decent, and then there's Creighton and Wichita State, who inflate the hell out of the conferences current perception. But hey, lots of "history and tradition". That clearly determines the outcome of games...sincerely, Purdue.
02-22-2013 10:46 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-22-2013 10:46 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  

That's great. The MVC isn't nearly as good as it once was. Southern Illinois and Drake are as terrible as Missouri State. Illinois State has been a MASSIVE disappointment this year. Bradley and Evansville are very "ho hum". Northern Iowa and Indiana State are decent, and then there's Creighton and Wichita State, who inflate the hell out of the conferences current perception. But hey, lots of "history and tradition". That clearly determines the outcome of games...sincerely, Purdue.

The MAC has been mediocre this year (and recently) but if we are going to cherry pick teams Akron and Ohio are pretty good. 02-13-banana

There are a lot of conferences which don't have an Akron or an Ohio. 03-idea
02-22-2013 10:51 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-22-2013 10:51 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

The MAC has been mediocre this year (and recently) but if we are going to cherry pick teams Akron and Ohio are pretty good. 02-13-banana

Funny story. 2 or 3 years ago, while living in Iowa, Drake travelled to EMU to play at the Convo. I was listening to the Drake radio broadcast and Larry Cotlar, the Drake play-by-play guy was perplexed. He said something to effect that there must be a snowstorm here in Ypsilanti because very few people have showed up for the game. He went so far as to have one of his crew members go outside to check the weather. He was shocked to find out that the weather was fine. He was amazed that we had such a small crowd for a men's basketball game. The truth is in the MVC, the women draw larger crowds then then we do at EMU. Basketball is really big in the MVC and football not so much. I think you might be surprised by MO State on saturday. That's all I'm going to say.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 11:02 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
02-22-2013 11:01 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-22-2013 11:01 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 10:51 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 10:47 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  The valley has two really good teams, one decent team, and lots of blah after that. Missouri State is a bad team. They don't shoot it well, they don't rebound well, they don't pass well...they don't do much of anything well. But because they have had the opportunity to get blown out by Creighton and Wichita State four times this year, they have an advantage? If you say so.

Funny story. 2 or 3 years ago, while living in Iowa, Drake travelled to EMU to play at the Convo. I was listening to the Drake radio broadcast and Larry Cotlar, the Drake play-by-play guy was perplexed. He said something to effect that there must be a snowstorm here in Ypsilanti because very few people have showed up for the game. He went so far as to have one of his crew members go outside to check the weather. He was shocked to find out that the weather was fine. He was amazed that we had such a small crowd for a men's basketball game. The truth is in the MVC, the women draw larger crowds then then we do at EMU. Basketball is really big in the MVC and football not so much. I think you might be surprised by MO State on saturday. That's all I'm going to say.

Bob, I think most posters here understand that in the MVC that hoops is king and draws very, very well and at EMU.... (next subject).

Funny story, though.

Now that Bob is making 'forecasts', I'll make mine:

The MAC T&F championship will outdraw the men's hoop game tomorrow.
02-22-2013 11:09 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
EMU a 3 point favorite...
02-23-2013 08:08 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

My friends in MVC country don't think EMU could beat any MO Valley team. I hope like hell we can eek out a win today. I'm jacked for this one!!!
02-23-2013 09:16 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I'm sick of the put downs and trash talk. We gotta win this game. We just gotto! I say we take it inside and use our size advantage to get some easy buckets and/or fouls. Thank god for the noon tipoff because I am ready NOW!
02-23-2013 09:29 AM
EMUEagle17 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: E. Michigan
Starting Line Up
Sims
Thompson
Harrison
Bryant
Riley
02-23-2013 12:01 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Soooo...ummm...why doesn't Riley do that more? What a move!
02-23-2013 12:07 PM
EMUEagle17 Offline
2nd String

3 big scoring plays already. 2, 3 pointers. And a slam by Riley
02-23-2013 12:09 PM
EMUEagle17 Offline
2nd String

29-21 EMU at half
02-23-2013 12:44 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Kinda let Missouri State get back in to it at the end of the half, but JR's 3 gives us a nice cushion. Solid showing so far defensively. Missouri State is clueless against the zone.
02-23-2013 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.