Bookmark and Share
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
MyBB Pastner: "Let me coach."
Tell 'em coach.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/201...-tigers-1/
Quote:Locker room chatter

"I'm tired of people in the city when they would complain about Adonis or complain about Joe. Stop. Stop. Let me coach. You just sit and watch, because people mature at a different rate. Man, Adonis is playing at such a high level. Lay off of him. Joe is playing at such a high level. The guy got (C-USA tournament) MVP in back-to-back years and this year he's been so consistent. Just lay off. Chris (Crawford) is playing at such a high level. Enjoy these young men and enjoy where we're at and I'll coach 'em and do my part." — Pastner on his players' maturation
02-17-2013 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Pastner: "Let me coach."
(02-17-2013 01:18 AM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  Tell 'em coach.

"I'm tired of people in the city when they would complain about Adonis or complain about Joe. Stop. Stop. Let me coach. You just sit and watch, because people mature at a different rate. Man, Adonis is playing at such a high level. Lay off of him. Joe is playing at such a high level. The guy got (C-USA tournament) MVP in back-to-back years and this year he's been so consistent. Just lay off. Chris (Crawford) is playing at such a high level. Enjoy these young men and enjoy where we're at and I'll coach 'em and do my part." — Pastner on his players' maturation

Awesome coach, way to stand up for your players.
02-17-2013 01:20 AM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
at least he didn't say they were uncoachable
02-17-2013 01:22 AM
jlbphila Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofM
Glad to hear he's finding his voice a little bit. He's right.

There's no middle ground with Pastner. If he can't win 1 or 2 NCAA tournament games, the heat will return. If he does win 1 or 2 NCAA games, he'll be the hottest coach in the country. Everyone will want to hire him.
02-17-2013 01:23 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Andy Katz said on air tonight that Pastner is the most underrated coach in the country of a ranked team.
02-17-2013 01:36 AM
Pressed Rat Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
"If he can't win 1 or 2 NCAA tournament games, the heat will return"

And you know this because your somebody? Its bonehead comments like this he is talk about. Just shut up
02-17-2013 01:37 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-17-2013 01:22 AM)OneShiningMoment Wrote:  at least he didn't say they were uncoachable

+100

outa the park, over the cheap seats into the parking lot
02-17-2013 01:37 AM
jlbphila Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofM
(02-17-2013 01:37 AM)Pressed Rat Wrote:  "If he can't win 1 or 2 NCAA tournament games, the heat will return"

And you know this because your somebody? Its bonehead comments like this he is talk about. Just shut up

I didn't say the heat would come from me. I love the guy and as far as I'm concerned he can coach here as long as he wants. I think you mis-read my post and you're taking it out of context.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 01:57 AM by jlbphila.)
02-17-2013 01:57 AM
DoomHaynesJr Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Tigers
Anyone who skimmed over Coach Pastner's quote may have missed two specific components of the "let me coach" concept. They are:

1. You just sit and watch.
2. Just lay off (said this one twice!)
02-17-2013 02:36 AM
Tiger.J Offline
Stay optimistic

I Root For: Memphis
Pastner: "Let me coach."
(02-17-2013 01:37 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 01:22 AM)OneShiningMoment Wrote:  at least he didn't say they were uncoachable

+100

outa the park, over the cheap seats into the parking lot

Ha! No kidding!
02-17-2013 02:38 AM
Br0cSamson Offline
Special Teams

(02-17-2013 01:37 AM)Pressed Rat Wrote:  "If he can't win 1 or 2 NCAA tournament games, the heat will return"

I hate to say it but that's probably accurate.
02-17-2013 03:19 AM
Advertisement

Tiger Greg Offline
1st String

(02-17-2013 01:18 AM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  Tell 'em coach.

Ya think Josh just cussed/mocked a few deaf "fans" behind their backs?
02-17-2013 04:04 AM
AmazingTigerMan Offline
1st String

I'm laughing at the use of "bonehead" in regards to your two sentences. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 06:24 AM by AmazingTigerMan.)
02-17-2013 06:24 AM
bkputter Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-17-2013 02:36 AM)DoomHaynesJr Wrote:  Anyone who skimmed over Coach Pastner's quote may have missed two specific components of the "let me coach" concept. They are:

You missed the point. He IS THE COACH, doesn't need 500 opinions on how to coach the team (plenty of volunteers on this board), He will bring the players along at the speed HE feels is correct..... in other words...BE A FAN or shut up and go home
I for one was glad he did it and support him 100 %, as I have on every other post I've put on these boards. Tired of the negative nellies 03-nutkick
This is a classic -----"if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem" Kudos to Coach P 04-rock
02-17-2013 07:15 AM
geedog50 Offline
Special Teams

(02-17-2013 07:15 AM)bkputter Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 02:36 AM)DoomHaynesJr Wrote:  Anyone who skimmed over Coach Pastner's quote may have missed two specific components of the "let me coach" concept. They are:

You missed the point. He IS THE COACH, doesn't need 500 opinions on how to coach the team (plenty of volunteers on this board), He will bring the players along at the speed HE feels is correct..... in other words...BE A FAN or shut up and go home
I for one was glad he did it and support him 100 %, as I have on every other post I've put on these boards. Tired of the negative nellies 03-nutkick
This is a classic -----"if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem" Kudos to Coach P 04-rock

If the Coach is reading this board during or after games, then something is wrong right there! I think he was talking about talk radio and press conference. Oh and I forgot the place where he meets TIGERS fans. This is the place where we are allowed to vent our frustrations with whatever we may perceive as a problem with the team, right or wrong. For me, when I see good I applaud! When I see bad I vent. I'm neither the problem , nor solution but just a fan who loves his TIGERS. I never try to message Coach on how to coach his team but I will write my displeasure with certain events that I see during a game. That is all GTG03-phew
02-17-2013 08:08 AM
Collegiate Black Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
What's been stopping him from coaching in the past? If he would "just coach" perhaps he would have a record worthy of the talent and resources this program has had over his tenure. Don't blame critical fans because his teams have under achieved. I wish he would "just coach" this team, and perhaps they would have beaten some quality opponents by now.

I don't take anything away from his recent success, the team is winning and that is good. But, don't be fooled by this run against what is probably the worst C-USA ever. Memphis has more top 100 recruits than all of the other C-USA teams combined, according to Pete Guillen on the Memphis -UCF broadcast, so beating these teams should be a given.

Pastner is beginning to smell himself. What he needs is a reality check. Go back and watch how Rick Majeris (RIP) ate his lunch in the NCAA's last year before we start pounding our chests about how great a coaching job he's doing now.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 08:11 AM by Collegiate Black Man.)
02-17-2013 08:10 AM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

Unwarranted attack. Do stuff like that with PM. That's what it was made for.
02-17-2013 08:13 AM
lenetzach Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: the Tigers
(02-17-2013 08:10 AM)Collegiate Black Man Wrote:  What's been stopping him from coaching in the past? If he would "just coach" perhaps he would have a record worthy of the talent and resources this program has had over his tenure. Don't blame critical fans because his teams have under achieved. I wish he would "just coach" this team, and perhaps they would have beaten some quality opponents by now.

I don't take anything away from his recent success, the team is winning and that is good. But, don't be fooled by this run against what is probably the worst C-USA ever. Memphis has more top 100 recruits than all of the other C-USA teams combined, according to Pete Guillen on the Memphis -UCF broadcast, so beating these teams should be a given.

Pastner is beginning to smell himself. What he needs is a reality check. Go back and watch how Rick Majeris (RIP) ate his lunch in the NCAA's last year before we start pounding our chests about how great a coaching job he's doing now.

Haha wasn't it nice of him to give you the opportunity to say so?
02-17-2013 08:13 AM
jonny8 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: AAC & Tigers
Keep up the great work coach. Everyone I know is behind you 100 percent. Go Tigers!
02-17-2013 08:18 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I am amazed at the hate from some of you guys. Josh was making a point to protect his players not to talk about his coaching ability.

Name all the people standing in line for this job when Cal pulled the plug. We went after every name out there and we got no interest. You can run off Josh but who you going to hire better.
02-17-2013 08:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.