ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Don't wait in line this year"..... ha ha ha.... now that's funny!
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
"Don't wait in line this year"..... ha ha ha.... now that's funny!
"Don't wait in line to purchase your tickets to the 2013 CAA Men's Basketball Championship. Go to CAASports.com to see all of the different ticket packages available. While you are there, check out the Special Events page to learn more about the CAA Awards Banquet, Courtside Richmond and discounted tickets."

[Image: 70.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 04:10 PM by bigblueodu.)
02-15-2013 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TedHead Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: "Don't wait in line this year"..... ha ha ha.... now that's funny!
I cannot wait to see that empty dump during the final. They will probably bring people in off the street for it.
02-15-2013 05:45 PM
monarchmanCUSA Offline
2nd String

What's the worst case scenario...NU vs Hofstra?
02-15-2013 07:15 PM
Advertisement

devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-15-2013 07:15 PM)monarchmanCUSA Wrote:  What's the worst case scenario...NU vs Hofstra?

Yes.

i'm sure the CAA will donate extra tickets for the final to a school down the street.
02-15-2013 07:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(02-15-2013 07:15 PM)monarchmanCUSA Wrote:  What's the worst case scenario...NU vs Hofstra?

There wouldn't be 200 people there.

I'm rooting for northeastern vs. Towson.

Both teams are in first and second and playing the best bball in the Caa.

Northeastern vs. Towson is actually a very likely final and it would be a complete and utter embarrassment for the Caa. Rooting hard for this to happen!
02-15-2013 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(02-15-2013 07:21 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  

There wouldn't be 200 people there.

I'm rooting for northeastern vs. Towson.

Both teams are in first and second and playing the best bball in the Caa.

Northeastern vs. Towson is actually a very likely final and it would be a complete and utter embarrassment for the Caa. Rooting hard for this to happen!

Won't happen.

Towson, like UNCW is not eligible for the NCAA post season due to APR issues.
Therefore no CAAT either; as I seriously doubt that the CAA could financially afford for an ineligible team to win the tournament and not be able to accept the league's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament; especially this year.
05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 07:46 PM by ODUalum78.)
02-15-2013 07:35 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

Sad. Oh well, I guess Drexel vs. Northeastern, should they line up in opposite brackets, will be the final I am rooting for. Wouldn't even be 500 people there. They would have to give all the homeless crackheads in Richmond free food and drink just to get them in there and take up some seats. Maybe one of them will urinate on the court as the half time entertainment?

It'd be far more interesting than the basketball being played, that is for sure. Great job Commish Yeager, way to grow your brand!
02-16-2013 05:13 AM
Advertisement

FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
Now if every one of them could just do that for another 10 staight years, only 1 would just be pulling even with ODU. Wow!!

Not even sure I'd still be watching college basketball if ODU's record was that bad against it's league peers.

It's been nice lapping all of you all for so many years. And I'll insert a nice quote a former head coach..."see ya down the trail!"

We're off to play with teams that will win more than 1/4 of its games against us and you guys can now play it fairly even with your level of peers. Win-win...
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 03:16 PM by FearTheLion.)
02-16-2013 03:13 PM
SportsDoc757 Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-16-2013 02:49 PM)Tribal Wrote:  I wouldn't spend so much time worrying about the CAAT this year fellas. You were swept by GMU, JMU, and W&M (and counting) so it's not like it would have been worth your time anyway.

Maybe CUSA will be a little easier on you. Good luck and thanks for the warm-up games.

I wouldn't worry too much about it either Tirbal--you guys are 5-9 in the gauntlet we call the CAA. Quiet down now child.
02-16-2013 03:22 PM
Advertisement

Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
(02-16-2013 02:49 PM)Tribal Wrote:  I wouldn't spend so much time worrying about the CAAT this year fellas. You were swept by GMU, JMU, and W&M (and counting) so it's not like it would have been worth your time anyway.

Maybe CUSA will be a little easier on you. Good luck and thanks for the warm-up games.

Congrats, WM is 11-14. The CAA is the 25th best conference in the nation.

You can't start keeping score when you win, you must consider the history of both programs and WM has 4 winning seasons in your entire basketball history.

WM has never been to the NCAA tournament.

WM fans come to William & Mary Hall discuised as yellow seats. If your fans don't give a flying elephants dung, why should we.

History tells us we will rebound from this. WM will continue to suck as usual.

Good Luck.
02-16-2013 03:22 PM
SportsDoc757 Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-16-2013 03:22 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  

Congrats, WM is 11-14. The CAA is the 25th best conference in the nation.

You can't start keeping score when you win, you must consider the history of both programs and WM has 4 winning seasons in your entire basketball history.

WM has never been to the NCAA tournament.

WM fans come to William & Mary Hall discuised as yellow seats. If your fans don't give a flying elephants dung, why should we.

History tells us we will rebound from this. WM will continue to suck as usual.

Good Luck.

But what about their football program? Oh, wait...
02-16-2013 03:26 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

Tribal-

This is not the CAAzone nor TalonTalk. Your smack talk has a much shorter leash here, and your posts have been deleted.

Nice showing by WM fans at the TED and Thornton is a beast. Make some noise in Richmond.

As per the AUP....
- If you are fan visiting other areas of CSNbbs... objective/factual/discussion based posts that are on topic are always welcome. However, be careful when you start smack talking etc. It is to be expected that mods will have visiting fans on a shorter leash when it comes to visiting fans causing trouble.

Play by the rules or find another sandbox.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 10:17 PM by ODUsmitty.)
02-16-2013 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.