Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBC pursuing lucrative contract with C7? Ready to battle FOX?
Bookmark and Share
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
NBC pursuing lucrative contract with C7? Ready to battle FOX?
I think it is appropriate that other conference's tv contracts should be monitored for any insights that might prove useful in CUSA's future tv negotiations.

With a strong inventory of football games with 16 teams and improved basketball with ODU and Charlotte, CUSA could offer NBC some very good options. With an open field and no other NonAQ competition in 3 years, it would be nice if CUSA could get all three major networks, NBC, ESPN, and FOX, involved in CUSA contract negotiations.

TRUTH & RUMORS: NBC, BIG EAST WORKING OUT LURCRATIVE TV DEAL
Fannation, Feb. 13, 2013. (Sports Illustrated)
"NBC is quickly making a name for itself in the sports world as a legitimate outlet for getting your sports fix., NBC is quickly expanding into a real force that can challenge ESPN's rule as a sports network titan. But one thing it doesn't have is a real college pull. But NBC is looking to challenge that, and they're in talks with the Big East to strike a lucrative deal that would make the Peacock the primary outlet for Big East sports....Right now, FOX has a $40 million deal on the table tha twould give them the rights to the Catholic 7 and at least one more team from a group that includes Xavier, Butler, Saint Louis, Dayton, Creighton, and Richmond."

http://www.fannation.com
02-14-2013 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
RE: NBC pursuing lucrative contract with C7? Ready to battle FOX?
"A Jersey Guy" speaks on BE TV deal....

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5155
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 11:06 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
02-14-2013 10:59 PM
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I've enjoyed the coverage NBC has given us through the CAA. The picture always comes in clear and they make the game look good. Commentators are okay.
02-14-2013 11:19 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
i dont get where the memphis-alabama football thing comes from. we havent played them since we whooped their ass in the 80s.
02-14-2013 11:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.