I Root For: NIU
The CPC is really big! one new picture!
02-11-2013 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

RE: The CPC is really big! one new picture!
Good thing we don't have a large berm in that end zone or you wouldn't have been able to get that shot.....05-stirthepot
02-11-2013 05:53 PM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
I am really excited for NIU with this new indoor facility. I also like the placement of the indoor a lot! However, and I sincerely hope that NIU doesnt feel like they need to paint the upper half or the roof of this thing RED!
02-12-2013 08:51 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2013 08:51 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  I am really excited for NIU with this new indoor facility. I also like the placement of the indoor a lot! However, and I sincerely hope that NIU doesnt feel like they need to paint the upper half or the roof of this thing RED!

The roof will be white and I doubt the panels will be painted...so no it wont be!...but there will be red.
[Image: scene-13-Chessick-CPC.jpg]

Here is the back side.
[Image: scene-5-north-facade.jpg]
02-12-2013 09:01 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(02-12-2013 09:01 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 08:51 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  I am really excited for NIU with this new indoor facility. I also like the placement of the indoor a lot! However, and I sincerely hope that NIU doesnt feel like they need to paint the upper half or the roof of this thing RED!

The roof will be white and I doubt the panels will be painted...so no it wont be!...but there will be red.
[Image: scene-13-Chessick-CPC.jpg]

Here is the back side.
[Image: scene-5-north-facade.jpg]

I think something more neutral that blends with the outdoors and surrounding buildings would be better. When viewing the pictures it draws your eyes away from your buetiful endzone facility right to it. I closed my eyes a couple times and tried again and my eyes go right to the big red and white. I personally dont like it, but hopefully most others do.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 09:53 AM by Stpetebeachrocketfan.)
02-12-2013 09:51 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

Lots of work going on today!

Last beam is installed and several walls being installed!
02-12-2013 09:55 AM
Advertisement

NIU8484 Offline
All American

I agree...I find the red to just be tacky, wish it was more glass/brick based but I'm sure cost is associated with that and let's be honest, it just needs to excel in function, not appearance. The bears indoor facility went function over appearance more-so....

[Image: 7494102_large.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 10:59 AM by NIU8484.)
02-12-2013 10:27 AM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

I wonder if NCAA '14 will have this in the stadium? They really have stepped their game up replicating the actual stadiums this past year or 2...
02-12-2013 11:02 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
I think something more neutral that blends with the outdoors and surrounding buildings would be better. When viewing the pictures it draws your eyes away from your buetiful endzone facility right to it. I closed my eyes a couple times and tried again and my eyes go right to the big red and white. I personally dont like it, but hopefully most others do.
[/quote]

They thought this one out pretty well. Most indoors that have anything other than a White roof have major heating and cooling issues. With the need to have a White roof the Red sides make sense. I love it.
02-12-2013 11:07 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

Just amazed at how much of the lower wall they have up in the past 2 hours.

This part should be finished, except for access areas, by the end of the week.
02-12-2013 11:42 AM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

They're prefab right? Just like popping legos in there
02-12-2013 11:46 AM
Advertisement

NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
I wish there was more gray/silver and less white on the sides, even if the roof needs to be white for cooling reasons...
02-12-2013 12:02 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Spoke with Mark last week, he reiterated less than 100k to go, they are running just a couple days behind (not a big deal at this point), a form will be sent out to donors for what to put on the wall, and they are real excited about having the 100yard hallway between the YC and the CPC. They need to figure out what to do with that.
02-12-2013 12:23 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-12-2013 12:23 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Spoke with Mark last week, he reiterated less than 100k to go, they are running just a couple days behind (not a big deal at this point), a form will be sent out to donors for what to put on the wall, and they are real excited about having the 100yard hallway between the YC and the CPC. They need to figure out what to do with that.

I will suggest that they build a long urinal trough. The flow of urine for 100 yards somehow seems exciting and challenging at the same time. At the very least, it would certainly make it unique.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 12:30 PM by Dog Fan.)
02-12-2013 12:29 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2013 12:23 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Spoke with Mark last week, he reiterated less than 100k to go, they are running just a couple days behind (not a big deal at this point), a form will be sent out to donors for what to put on the wall, and they are real excited about having the 100yard hallway between the YC and the CPC. They need to figure out what to do with that.

?...How can they be really excited about something that they don't have a plan for yet?

Still guessing that the additional 1mil from Chessick is going towards something else...ribbon screens?
02-12-2013 12:29 PM
calvin12 Offline
I am the overlord of everything

I Root For: duh
(02-12-2013 11:02 AM)NIU8484 Wrote:  I wonder if NCAA '14 will have this in the stadium? They really have stepped their game up replicating the actual stadiums this past year or 2...

id be happy if they could just figure out the endzones should have the same S in both spots of "Huskies"
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 12:53 PM by calvin12.)
02-12-2013 12:53 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
Wow! That thing is HUGE. They're making some real progress on it. I'm looking forward to seeing it next time we're in DeKalb. Of course it will be finished by then!
02-12-2013 01:11 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

(02-12-2013 12:29 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

?...How can they be really excited about something that they don't have a plan for yet?

Still guessing that the additional 1mil from Chessick is going towards something else...ribbon screens?

Anticipation of the possibilities offered by the space...Maybe a Hall of Fame instead of the convo
02-12-2013 01:49 PM
NIU HOY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU!!!
(02-12-2013 11:02 AM)NIU8484 Wrote:  I wonder if NCAA '14 will have this in the stadium? They really have stepped their game up replicating the actual stadiums this past year or 2...

Hey NIU8484 - You touched on another off-season topic. "Will NCAA'XX have <insert stadium upgrade, fight song, or new uni's here>?" If past years are any indication they won't have the CPC in it until at least 2 versions from now. So I'm guessing NCAA'16.

Maybe they'll get the black jerseys in '14 but that's wishful thinking too.

And don't get your hopes up for the fight song. We've been wondering that for a decade or so.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 01:51 PM by NIU HOY.)
02-12-2013 01:49 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2013 01:49 PM)OldTtimeNIU Wrote:  ?...How can they be really excited about something that they don't have a plan for yet?
Anticipation of the possibilities offered by the space...Maybe a Hall of Fame instead of the convo

Great idea.
02-12-2013 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.