Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buc Football Wikipedia Page
Bookmark and Share
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
Buc Football Wikipedia Page
Anyone have any experience creating wikipedia pages? ETSU currently does not have a football wikipedia page. I think it would be a good idea to get one out there. I know if I am trying to look up stats or information about any kind of sports team, that is usually the first place I go.
02-10-2013 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brock20 Offline
1st String

RE: Buc Football Wikipedia Page
Just a follow up; there is a football page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Tennes...s_football but it is not linked at the main ETSU wikipedia page. It is also very slim on content. Seems to be lots of people here that could fill it full of information.
02-10-2013 02:56 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(02-10-2013 02:54 PM)brock20 Wrote:  Anyone have any experience creating wikipedia pages? ETSU currently does not have a football wikipedia page. I think it would be a good idea to get one out there. I know if I am trying to look up stats or information about any kind of sports team, that is usually the first place I go.

A great idea. I have a feeling there will be lots of new stuff to put there in the next few months!
02-10-2013 03:19 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

I created the ETSU basketball wiki article entirely myself. There was absolutely nothing for ETSU basketball until I made that. It's not difficult to do. If someone writes up some content for me I'm happy to make improvements to the ETSU Football wiki page.

The basketball page would be a good template to go by. I have stat tables already created within it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Tennes...basketball
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:58 PM by Bucster.)
02-10-2013 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsudolfan Offline
2nd String

not a bad idea, just remember anyone can log in there and edit the information...it wouldn't surprise me if some of the anti-football crowd were to do that.
02-10-2013 03:41 PM
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
(02-10-2013 03:41 PM)etsudolfan Wrote:  not a bad idea, just remember anyone can log in there and edit the information...it wouldn't surprise me if some of the anti-football crowd were to do that.
If they get in there. They'll delete it,or make it look like there's no history,and we lost all the time plus it would have Stanton/Mullins crap in it.
02-10-2013 04:26 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

It just needs to be monitored. It's very easy to undo changes made people and if someone vandalizes the page it can be reported to wikipedia. Since I made the basketball page a couple of years ago I've only had one person that vandalized the page and I was able to undo all of it and report the person with one mouse click.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:45 PM by Bucster.)
02-10-2013 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brock20 Offline
1st String

I went in there and added some stuff. I'll keep a watch on it as I hope some others will as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:49 PM by brock20.)
02-10-2013 04:49 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

I have some media guides from the last two or three seasons of football. I'll try to go through those and put some stats and such in there at some point.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 05:05 PM by Bucster.)
02-10-2013 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.