Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2014 Recruiting Thread
Bookmark and Share
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
2014 Recruiting Thread
We were getting too talky about Recruiting on the Official Verbal thread.

Here are the QBs currently listed with interest from/in NIU

QB Clayton Thorson Wheaton, IllinoisWheaton North 6'4" 190 N/A 4 stars 5.8
QB Jake Bartels LaGrange Park, IllinoisNazareth Academy 6'4" 200
QB Sean McGuire Franklin, WisconsinFranklin 6'3" 200 4.8
QB Jake Kolbe Naperville, IllinoisNaperville Central 6'3" 190
QB Trent Sherfield Danville, IllinoisDanville 6'2" 185 N/A
QB Micah Coffey Batavia, IllinoisBatavia 6'2" 185 N/A
QB Drew David Maple Park, IllinoisKaneland 6'0" 170 N/A
QB Jordan NarramoreCoronado, California 5'11" 175
02-07-2013 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: 2014 Recruiting Thread
Wish we could get a QB who is at least 6'2'' from this bunch. If they are under that they better be darn good. Since we didn't get a scholarship QB from the 2013 class I am expecting 2 from this bunch and hopeful one is a 3*.

I'm a bit suprised no one from Florida or down south is on this list, but it's early.

Got to say it does look like a strong class for QB's in our home state. We need it to be. The timing for us needing some could not be better.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 10:43 AM by RitzHuskie.)
02-07-2013 10:34 AM
PeoriaHuskie11 Offline
1st String

(02-07-2013 10:34 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Wish we could get a QB who is at least 6'2'' from this bunch. If they are under that they better be darn good. Since we didn't get a scholarship QB from the 2013 class I am expecting 2 from this bunch and hopeful one is a 3*.

I'm a bit suprised no one from Florida or down south is on this list, but it's early.

Got to say it does look like a strong class for QB's in our home state. We need it to be. The timing for us needing some could not be better.

I'd rather they be darn good no matter what their height is. Not just if they are under 6'2"
02-07-2013 01:04 PM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

Coach Joggerst ‏@OFallonFootball

Class of 2016 RB Kentrail Moran picks up an offer from Northern Illinois University #NIU #huskies
Retweeted by Allen Trieu
02-12-2013 05:20 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(02-12-2013 05:20 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Coach Joggerst ‏@OFallonFootball

Class of 2016 RB Kentrail Moran picks up an offer from Northern Illinois University #NIU #huskies
Retweeted by Allen Trieu

Just so I'm clear. This kid just finished his Freshman year of football in HS?
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 09:34 AM by thxjoenovak.)
02-12-2013 05:45 PM
NIU010 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: HUSKIES!

Retweeted by Allen Trieu

Wow, does that mean we need a 2016 recruiting thread?
02-12-2013 05:49 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFanatic Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, MACtion

Retweeted by Allen Trieu

I don't really understand why schools offer kids prior to their junior year.
02-12-2013 06:10 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-12-2013 06:10 PM)HuskieFanatic Wrote:  I don't really understand why schools offer kids prior to their junior year.

It doesn't hurt to be the first one to offer
02-12-2013 07:03 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

Any good youth football players we should be looking at?
this is getting crazy
02-12-2013 07:06 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(02-12-2013 07:03 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:10 PM)HuskieFanatic Wrote:  I don't really understand why schools offer kids prior to their junior year.

It doesn't hurt to be the first one to offer

I think it is pretty low risk gamble and like the idea. If he ends up being blue chip status you miss out to a bigger program and move on. Maybe though he gets hurt or has grade issues or just gets tired of the recruiting theatrics over time and then bigger schools pull back and you are still there. Not a bad idea. Plus it plants the seeds with the high school coaches and while you might not land one target it could open the door to a lesser known / late bloomer type that is flying under the radar.
02-12-2013 07:54 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
First, can someone please post this thread?

We actually have a lot to offer a QB recruit next year. Both Northwestern and Illinois took their starting QB's from this years class in Bailey and Alvati. So if you want to play in Illinois and your home state come to NIU.

Also, if the QB recruit would redshirt we can offer minimally 2 years playing time as Williams/Hare would be 2 years ahead and looking at how much our QB's play in an exciting offense with exciting skilled players(recruits) are all good things to sell.

These along with a completed IPF should all be big selling points to a QB recruit. We definitely need to take at least one if not 2 at this position.

Here's hoping we can grab at least a legitimate 3 star if not reach and get a 4 start QB to come play with us.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 01:57 PM by RitzHuskie.)
02-14-2013 01:24 PM
Advertisement

NIUslumo Offline
1st String

Looks like we have some interest in another Wisconsin player: Rickey Neal. His rivals page has him listed as an Athlete, and scout as a WR.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiti...eal-144697

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjyXK9BWLgw

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8...id=6785121

I originally found a quote where he said he had already talked with us, Michigan State and a few other teams, but I can't seem to find it. I would assume this would be Polasek's guy, and he recently tweeted he was up in Wisconsin recruiting.
02-14-2013 01:48 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
(02-14-2013 01:24 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  First, can someone please post this thread?

We actually have a lot to offer a QB recruit next year. Both Northwestern and Illinois took their starting QB's from this years class in Bailey and Alvati. So if you want to play in Illinois and your home state come to NIU.

Also, if the QB recruit would redshirt we can offer minimally 2 years playing time as Williams/Hare would be 2 years ahead and looking at much our QB's play in an exciting offense with exciting skilled players(recruits) are all good things to sell.

These along with a completed IPF should all be big selling points to a QB recruit. We definitely need to take at least one if not 2 at this position.

Here's hoping we can grab at least a legitimate 3 star if not reach and get a 4 start QB to come play with us.
Another large selling point to a prospective qb is NIU's tradition of a solid run game. All the weight of the offense is not going to be on his shoulders especially when he has:

1) The #2 RB recruit from the football crazy state of Alabama (yeah 4 others have 5.4 ratings but Huff has the fastest 40 time of them and is the heaviest) lining up in the backfield.

2) The #11 all purpose back in the country(Rivals) who Rivals lists in the top 3 of another football crazy state's(Ohio) running backs. (Turner) also available.

3) #3 rated IL WR (Holder)

I know several of you don't put much stock in Rivals ratings but when the ratings confirm the choices of the coaching staff, that's a big plus to sell to a prospective QB, especially when that talent lines up on his side of the ball.
02-14-2013 02:02 PM
Poliicious Offline
1st String

I Root For: WildcatsHuskies
(02-14-2013 01:24 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  First, can someone please post this thread?

Also, if the QB recruit would redshirt we can offer minimally 2 years playing time as Williams/Hare would be 2 years ahead and looking at how much our QB's play in an exciting offense with exciting skilled players(recruits) are all good things to sell.

Not only that, NU & Illinois QB offers are already out there. NU has offered 3 from TX, GA & Thorsen(IL); Illinois has offered 5 from Arky, Va, KY, & OH plus Thorsen(I:). In other words they won't be any other instate QB offers made by these 2 programs, unless they can't get a verbal from one of the ones already offered which is unlikely in NU"s case as they are the first offer on the TX & GA QB's. Illinois is the only AQ offer for the Arky & OH QB's, highly likely they will get a verbal from at least 1 of the 5 they've offered.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ch-results

That means the Huskies will have several to choose from.
02-14-2013 02:17 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-14-2013 02:17 PM)Poliicious Wrote:  

Not only that, NU & Illinois QB offers are already out there. NU has offered 3 from TX, GA & Thorsen(IL); Illinois has offered 5 from Arky, Va, KY, & OH plus Thorsen(I:). In other words they won't be any other instate QB offers made by these 2 programs, unless they can't get a verbal from one of the ones already offered which is unlikely in NU"s case as they are the first offer on the TX & GA QB's. Illinois is the only AQ offer for the Arky & OH QB's, highly likely they will get a verbal from at least 1 of the 5 they've offered.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ch-results

That means the Huskies will have several to choose from.

Agree and based on the list at the top of the thread QB looks to be a strong position in the state of Illinois this year. I just don't want P.J. to swoop in and take one of our guys. We deserve the 1st choice of the QB we want from our state.
02-14-2013 04:05 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

should we offer chandler harnish's first born?
02-14-2013 08:36 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Does anybody know how good his little brother is supposed to be?

EDIT: I looked it up and little Harnish was only a Soph last year.

Quote:“Thinking about having to defend that kid for the next couple years is not something I look forward to,” Rowland said. “He's a hard-nosed kid, a great leader out there. As he goes, his team goes. And this was a perfect game for him. They kept it tight and kept the ball in his hands.”
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 08:45 PM by 7.)
02-14-2013 08:41 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2013 08:41 PM)7 Wrote:  Does anybody know how good his little brother is supposed to be?

Quote:“Thinking about having to defend that kid for the next couple years is not something I look forward to,” Rowland said. “He's a hard-nosed kid, a great leader out there. As he goes, his team goes. And this was a perfect game for him. They kept it tight and kept the ball in his hands.”

Didn't we just offer a freshman?
02-15-2013 08:47 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(02-15-2013 08:47 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 08:41 PM)7 Wrote:  Does anybody know how good his little brother is supposed to be?

Yep. RB from O'Fallon...Class of '16.

I don't care what anybody says....that's just wrong...and I dont want to hear "well, everybody else is doing it"......

Last year at this time, the kid was going to his his JR HI's Valentine Day Dance for gawds sake!
02-15-2013 09:33 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(02-15-2013 09:33 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 08:47 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Yep. RB from O'Fallon...Class of '16.

I don't care what anybody says....that's just wrong...and I dont want to hear "well, everybody else is doing it"......

Last year at this time, the kid was going to his his JR HI's Valentine Day Dance for gawds sake!

Maybe that means we're "big time" now. LOL
02-15-2013 11:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.