Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim Harbaugh Interviewed For The North Texas Coach's Job
Bookmark and Share
WeatherfordMeanGreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
Jim Harbaugh Interviewed For The North Texas Coach's Job
Had North Texas been in CUSA with an Apogee Stadium running full steam I'd bet that UNT could have found the cash for him back then; and especially with our present Board of Regents. Harbaugh was also not a commodity back then as he also interviewed for the Tulane and Iowa State jobs, too.

How long would Harbaugh have stayed at UNT? As long as he won at a Top 25 ranked level who would care. Boise State has proven you can have multiple HFC's and still stay a Top 25 program. AND.....how long does any CUSA, Big East, SBC, etc, head football coach stay when successful might also be an answer to the question.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Sta...465174.php

GMG!
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 07:31 PM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
02-03-2013 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Jim Harbarugh Interviewed For The North Texas Coach's Job
good thing you guys passed on him. I can't stand that uptight a**hole
02-03-2013 07:28 PM
Special Teams

(02-03-2013 07:28 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  good thing you guys passed on him. I can't stand that uptight a**hole

Right now, techdawg88, we'd take an a$$hole if he could get us back in the winning cycle and Top 25 rankings. We will see what McCarney does, though. After all, he did come from the Hayden Fry coaching tree.04-bow

Looking forward to our rivalry which will heat up even more when both programs are at the top of their game!04-cheers

GMG!
02-03-2013 07:35 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(02-03-2013 07:35 PM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:28 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  good thing you guys passed on him. I can't stand that uptight a**hole

Right now, techdawg88, we'd take an a$$hole if he could get us back in the winning cycle and Top 25 rankings. We will see what McCarney does, though. After all, he did come from the Hayden Fry coaching tree.04-bow

Looking forward to our rivalry which will heat up even more when both programs are at the top of their game!04-cheers

GMG!

you don't know that he would've gotten UNT back to the top 25
02-03-2013 07:52 PM
Special Teams

(02-03-2013 07:52 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 07:35 PM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  

GMG!

you don't know that he would've gotten UNT back to the top 25

Of course we wouldn't have known...merely projecting.

GMG!
02-03-2013 08:39 PM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Jim Harbaugh Interviewed For The North Texas Coach's Job
Once Stanford offered, all those schools you listed went out the window. Don't be delusional.
02-03-2013 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(02-03-2013 09:09 PM)Yes I Am A Pirate Wrote:  Once Stanford offered, all those schools you listed went out the window. Don't be delusional.

Delusional? Didn't ECU write the book on being delusional? Hell, yall have been begging for years to get the former Big East to even utter your school's name.

North Texas once had a College Football Hall of Famer named Hayden Fry as our HFC and how many of those does ECU have in (like)........forever? SMU (or most likely one of their Fat Cat alums) had Fry fired after a 7 & 4 season, too, which in today's NCAA would have been an SMU bowl team. He would have had 4 bowl teams (out of 6 seasons) at North Texas in today's NCAA. Yet were we being delusional when we hired Fry; that is, one who had on his resume a couple of Southwest Conference championships, bowl wins and many more skins on the wall than Harbaugh could only dream of back when he interviewed at North Texas, Tulane and Iowa State? Delusional? As stated, Jim Harbaugh was an unknown commodity with no NCAA head football coaching background that Stanford actually took a big chance on when they hired him.

And still for many in the Southwest who don't know (or really give a hoot) just which Carolina state is your school located again? And are you lost because this is not the Big Least message board last time I checked so why you still hangin' around? Most in the new CUSA are just not as impressed with your new conference as many leaving would like us to be so isn't that a strong enough hint for you to, uh,..........GET LOST!?!

GMG!
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:34 AM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
02-04-2013 05:12 AM
CrownRoyal Offline
Special Teams

(02-04-2013 05:12 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 09:09 PM)Yes I Am A Pirate Wrote:  Once Stanford offered, all those schools you listed went out the window. Don't be delusional.

Delusional? Didn't ECU write the book on being delusional? Hell, yall have been begging for years to get the former Big East to even utter your school's name.

North Texas once had a College Football Hall of Famer named Hayden Fry as our HFC and how many of those does ECU have in (like)........forever? SMU (or most likely one of their Fat Cat alums) had Fry fired after a 7 & 4 season, too, which in today's NCAA would have been an SMU bowl team. He would have had 4 bowl teams (out of 6 seasons) at North Texas in today's NCAA. Yet were we being delusional when we hired Fry; that is, one who had on his resume a couple of Southwest Conference championships, bowl wins and many more skins on the wall than Harbaugh could only dream of back when he interviewed at North Texas, Tulane and Iowa State? Delusional? As stated, Jim Harbaugh was an unknown commodity with no NCAA head football coaching background that Stanford actually took a big chance on when they hired him.

And still for many in the Southwest who don't know (or really give a hoot) just which Carolina state is your school located again? And are you lost because this is not the Big Least message board last time I checked so why you still hangin' around? Most in the new CUSA are just not as impressed with your new conference as many leaving would like us to be so isn't that a strong enough hint for you to, uh,..........GET LOST!?!

GMG!

Pat Dye, former HFC at ECU was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005. We are located in North Carolina. And for the record MeanGreen, ECU is still a member of CUSA and will be in the 2013-2014 Academic year as well. You may not like it but it is what it is.
02-04-2013 09:17 AM
papa_dawg Offline
Stirring Pots Since 1975

I Root For: LA Tech

GMG!

Why so....um....emotional? 03-melodramatic
02-04-2013 03:13 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(02-04-2013 03:13 PM)papa_dawg Wrote:  

GMG!

I believe this man probably bleeds and pees UNT green. Very over passionate bout the Green Meanies.
02-04-2013 03:48 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Jim Harbaugh Interviewed For The North Texas Coach's Job.

Me, too!
02-04-2013 03:53 PM
Advertisement

papa_dawg Offline
Stirring Pots Since 1975

I Root For: LA Tech
(02-04-2013 03:48 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 03:13 PM)papa_dawg Wrote:  

GMG!

I believe this man probably bleeds and pees UNT green. Very over passionate bout the Green Meanies.

And I can appreciate that. Sometimes, though, I feel like his posts should end with:[Image: tumblr_lkxb2wGV4x1qh8hleo1_500.gif]
02-04-2013 04:21 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

GMG!

[Image: emlsx.gif]
02-04-2013 04:33 PM
Yes I Am A Pirate Offline
200 years too late

Delusional? As stated, Jim Harbaugh was an unknown commodity with no NCAA head football coaching background that Stanford actually took a big chance on when they hired him.

Your reading comprehension is horrible.

It's hilarious (and sad) how worked up you got over two benign sentences.
02-04-2013 07:50 PM
Orange County Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice/Bradley/Iowa

New Orleans Bowl
As bizarre as this sounds, Harbaugh's "team" was openly campaigning for him as a candidate for the Rice job (when it was open '06-'07) ... on our message boards.

Last week on Dallas sports radio (The Ticket), Peter King from SI pretty much openly mocked us over the situation ... (paraphrasing) "can you believe just a few years ago Jim Harbaugh couldn't get hired by Rice".
02-05-2013 09:42 AM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

The Saints could've signed Brett Favre in '94 but opted to trade for the chipper Jim Everett.
02-05-2013 07:25 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(02-04-2013 04:33 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  

GMG!

At least GW Bush was a capitalist and not a non-stop give away artist of tax-payers monies like the present goober in the White House and......you ready for an Obama-Drone to be hovering over your house checking you and your family out? The guy in the White House and his minions are paranoid to the core and for what it's worth I'd say they have every right to be.

And your "dream" girl from the movie "Witness" is not even close to looking like that anymore. She has that lipstick lezzie' hardened face look now since that's the way she swings. And Carolina Boy, isn't it really time for you to update your taste in women anyway? And............why you still trespassing on this CUSA board? We thought the Big Least was all of your types all time panacea of a conference (although it, too, has had a few membership changes of late with apparently more to come)! I'm sorry few on this board are impressed with your new "Gang of 5" conference home so..........why you still hanging around?

GMG!

God Bless Texas (who cannot and will not be tainted by the non-stop Talking Head Goof Ball in the White House). I was a Herman Cain supporter even over Rick Perry--in fact, I still am.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 08:23 AM by WeatherfordMeanGreen.)
02-06-2013 08:19 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Who gives a ****?
02-06-2013 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-06-2013 08:19 AM)WeatherfordMeanGreen Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 04:33 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  

GMG!

At least GW Bush was a capitalist and not a non-stop give away artist of tax-payers monies like the present goober in the White House and......you ready for an Obama-Drone to be hovering over your house checking you and your family out? The guy in the White House and his minions are paranoid to the core and for what it's worth I'd say they have every right to be.

And your "dream" girl from the movie "Witness" is not even close to looking like that anymore. She has that lipstick lezzie' hardened face look now since that's the way she swings. And Carolina Boy, isn't it really time for you to update your taste in women anyway? And............why you still trespassing on this CUSA board? We thought the Big Least was all of your types all time panacea of a conference (although it, too, has had a few membership changes of late with apparently more to come)! I'm sorry few on this board are impressed with your new "Gang of 5" conference home so..........why you still hanging around?

GMG!

God Bless Texas (who cannot and will not be tainted by the non-stop Talking Head Goof Ball in the White House). I was a Herman Cain supporter even over Rick Perry--in fact, I still am.

WTF are you babbling about? The guy posts a GIF (funny BTW)that happens to feature W. but the point of which that he didn't read your long-ass post and you follow up with another long-ass rant about Obama?
02-06-2013 03:21 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I'm not sure why this topic is such a big deal. He did interview at NT and about a week later he was hired at Stanford. There's no way he was ever coming here even if we wanted him.

And for the record, not all UNT fans are obsessed with things that happened over 30 years ago.
02-06-2013 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.