The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

UCF 2002:

4 star players:
Chad Moscoe- did not play past 1 year
DeMarcus Johnson- Did not make it past 1 year
Roy Williams- Did not play into his senior year

And there were numerous 3 star players who contributed minimally or didn't make it past 1-2 years.

Stars mean nothing unless you really are the "elite" players.
02-02-2006 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:

Quote:Fred Blueford -- never played a down

-- Just a quick correction..."Big Blue" played and even started a few games in 2002 if memory serves

Jackson
02-02-2006 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Hummell Offline
Banned

I Root For: East Carolina

The Knight Time Wrote:UCF 2002:

4 star players:

And there were numerous 3 star players who contributed minimally or didn't make it past 1-2 years.

Dude, no body over here gives a @#$# about UCF (AKA Generic University of Florida).
02-02-2006 11:53 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:Just a quick correction..."Big Blue" played and even started a few games in 2002 if memory serves Jackson

You are correct...
02-03-2006 02:30 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

I totally agree. Stars mean squat. If UCONN recruits are rated based on those stars, we should be losing every game to the MAC. However, Randy Edsall has done pretty well with a lot of kids that were not rated very high.

Take Darius Butler, he might be one of the better CBs in the league but he was only a 2 star. We recruited a lot of speed this year. I think our D will be one of the best in the league this coming year. I am looking forward to the season when our no name recruits match up against other "big time" recruits.

According to Rivals, Rutgers have out recruited UCONN every year. However, this did not translate into onfield performance cause every game has been close. UCONN leads the series 3-1 since UCONN went D1A.
02-03-2006 05:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

Chris Henry will be starting for a prison in Florida next year.
02-03-2006 08:40 AM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

I got a better one for you.

ECU's Paul Troth was and Elite 11 camp QB. The guy started as a Sophmore threw 20 ints and 49%. The new coach benched him, the next year but he had his chances and came in one game and went 1-13 passing for 12 yards and 3 turnovers in one game.

He transfered to Liberty hardly a powerhouse D1aa team and threw one TD and 7 ints and 42% before the coach demoted him to 3rd string.

All that and the Texans still invited him for a work out last year!!!! 6-5 240 gets scouts attention I guess even if he couldn't run a 5.2 40.

*We had another QB that was 10th in the all time high school passing ever and he threw 2 passes his whole career and rode the bench. Those 2 passes were on senior day throwing him a bone.
02-03-2006 09:48 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Hummell Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:UCF 2002:

4 star players:

Dude, no body over here gives a @#$# about UCF (AKA Generic University of Florida).

Your coaches might since we bit*h smacked you in your home stadium.

You truly are a tool.
02-03-2006 11:52 AM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

SF Husky Wrote:I totally agree. Stars mean squat. If UCONN recruits are rated based on those stars, we should be losing every game to the MAC. However, Randy Edsall has done pretty well with a lot of kids that were not rated very high.

Take Darius Butler, he might be one of the better CBs in the league but he was only a 2 star. We recruited a lot of speed this year. I think our D will be one of the best in the league this coming year. I am looking forward to the season when our no name recruits match up against other "big time" recruits.

According to Rivals, Rutgers have out recruited UCONN every year. However, this did not translate into onfield performance cause every game has been close. UCONN leads the series 3-1 since UCONN went D1A.

Not only do star rankings not really put into consideration the potential and the desire of a recruit.......it also doesn't take into account the facilities, especially weight room, and coaches that he will be under. Some teams have coaches that are great and developing talent. Also, some schools have great facilities for weight training and so forth. Those will both make a difference in a player from how good he was in high school to how good he ends up being in college.

One of the best players in Toledo history was Bruce Gradkowski. He was a 1 star player and Toledo was his only Division I-A offer. He is going to the NFL scouting combine in February and he broke several school records at Toledo. We don't have the great facilities for weight training, but he was coached and developed by Rob Spence (now the QB coach and offensive coordinator at Clemson) and he developed him very well.
02-03-2006 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

What stars do in your favor if you get good ones is get your teams name on TV, radio, and out to more recruits.
02-03-2006 09:55 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.