Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
How long before we start hating each other again?
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
How long before we start hating each other again?
One thing a loved about the old league was that every school had a strong dislike for every other school (exceptions go to RU and Temple who were horrible)....The league had so many "local" rivalries that never made national news...for example VT/Pitt was a good rivalry game in recent yrs. There was some bad blood between WVU/Syracuse for many yrs...the only time I can remember rooting for other BE teams was during bowl time and I never rooted for VT or Pitt period

-- Now that the BCS bid is secure, and we have solid recruiting classes all around....how long do you think it will be before we go back to that mentality? How many yrs will it take for the new schools to fit in rivalry wise?

Jackson
02-01-2006 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

I already hate USF for stealing Sherman :censored: 01-lauramac2 05-stirthepot

But it's a respectful hate. Nice game last night, Bulls :moon2:

And, we still owe UL a few in both sports 04-rock
02-01-2006 05:00 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

nm
02-01-2006 05:01 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Re: How long before we start hating each other again?
Jackson1011 Wrote:One thing a loved about the old league was that every school had a strong dislike for every other school (exceptions go to RU and Temple who were horrible)....The league had so many "local" rivalries that never made national news...for example VT/Pitt was a good rivalry game in recent yrs. There was some bad blood between WVU/Syracuse for many yrs...the only time I can remember rooting for other BE teams was during bowl time and I never rooted for VT or Pitt period

-- Now that the BCS bid is secure, and we have solid recruiting classes all around....how long do you think it will be before we go back to that mentality? How many yrs will it take for the new schools to fit in rivalry wise?

Jackson

Jackson it has already started with some in the UofL-WVU battles. Also Pitt-WVU will always HATE each other and you still have heathy distain between UofL-UC.
02-01-2006 05:06 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

At UC we're too busy feeling sorry for ourselves to hate anyone. All the hate is directed at one person.
02-01-2006 05:43 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

You want REAL hate and a rivalry, invite Memphis in. The game between Memphis and Louisville in football AND basketball is as intense as any in the country. And, of course, our games against Louisville and Memphis. I think you would have seen a classic last year if Gino doesn't get hurt. Basketball goes without saying, save for the occasional egg laid by both teams in basketball over the last few years.
02-01-2006 06:32 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

i think it's already beginning... with the BCS big wrapped up, we can start to really focus on our in conference rivalries.
02-01-2006 06:36 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Re: How long before we start hating each other again?
Jackson1011 Wrote:One thing a loved about the old league was that every school had a strong dislike for every other school

Check out the UofL boards, or really more so, the WVU boards. On the WVU rivals board UofL is definitely a distant 3rd in obsession (behind Pitt & WVU) but everyday I'd say 4 or 5 threads are started out of the blue with something like "L-ville sucks" or "We will blow them out and take free pizza". The hate is definitely starting.

I don't really see UofL fans starting threads out of no where about WVU (only UK gets that enjoyment still) but maybe with time...
02-01-2006 06:44 PM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Its starting and basketball season is really helping me send the hate out.

In football when I'm rooting as hard for other BE teams as Uconn, its hard to hate them. Well except Syracuse, their fans and their "We should have been like BC and begged to get in the ACC, we're too good for the BE" annoyed the crap out of me. If one BE team had to have only win one game, I'm glad its Syracuse.

Now in basketball, I couldn't care much how the rest of the conference does. While I'd prefer them to win OOC game so it make Uconn looks better, it really doesn't matter. If Uconn takes care of its own crap, it'll be fine. I have to admit though, I do tend to favor the football schools over the basketball schools, but I really don't care whether they lose of not.

In football, I remember being extremely pissed that Louisville lost to USF. Remember this was before WVa started playing great so I was really worried about the football situation. Its hard to hate someone when you want them to win so bad.
02-01-2006 06:57 PM
WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Another Big Thing, it's difficult to have a rivalry when you've played a conference foe so few times.

WVU has played USF.....once
WVU has played UConn...twice
WVU has played UofL seven times
WVU has played Cincy 14 times
WVU has played Rutgers 33 times
WVU has played Syracuse 53 times
WVU has played Pitt 98 times
02-01-2006 07:02 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I think Louisville and Rutgers is developing as is Louisville and Syracuse. And of course Louisville and WVA is developing but I believe both schools also respect each other.
02-01-2006 07:29 PM
Advertisement

kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Wilkie01 Wrote:I think Louisville and Rutgers is developing as is Louisville and Syracuse. And of course Louisville and WVA is developing but I believe both schools also respect each other.

Once cincy gets there house in order we will develope that oh so strong hate once again. WVU just seems easy after the game in Morgantown. I don't know for some reason I want to beat Rutgers badly, maybe its because the basketball loss left a bitter taste in my mouth.LOL You know how there is always that one team that you hope to play again, I think rutgers is that team for me. Sticking with hoops Pitt is another team I can smell a rivarly with, because I can't stand there style of basketball, it reminds me of tubby smiths style and it makes me cringe. For next season in basketball I hope we get to play Rutgers and Pitt twice. 04-rock
02-01-2006 07:47 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

UC and West Virginia will probably develop a bit of a rivalry in football and basketball, along with UC and Pitt.
02-01-2006 07:49 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Rutgers and UConn is becoming heated.
Rutgers and Syracuse (just admit it guys) is becoming heated too.
But yea I just wanna beat you guys (Louisville) everytime we play for some reason or another. That goes for South Florida too. I can see some big rivalries developing out of these two as well.
02-01-2006 07:55 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

brista21 Wrote:Rutgers and UConn is becoming heated.
But yea I just wanna beat you guys (Louisville) everytime we play for some reason or another. That goes for South Florida too. I can see some big rivalries developing out of these two as well.

Rutgers and Louisville is going to be a strong rivalry. I saw it after the Football game this year from both sides.
02-01-2006 08:00 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:Rutgers and UConn is becoming heated.

Rutgers and Louisville is going to be a strong rivalry. I saw it after the Football game this year from both sides.

I tend to believe so also and losing to them in basketball of all sports just added fuel to the fire. On a sidenote I certainly like what Rutgers is doing in football, they are a key part to the success in the Big East long term.
02-01-2006 08:04 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

You know everyone busted my chops on here when I would trash talk and try to push others buttons. i would never direct insults at individuals, but rather teams or areas. I got run down for it. I don't think this forum is the right place to have that "love to hate you" relationship.

This is a kinder, more gentle place. I guess that's good in many ways. I liked really pushing peoples buttons, though I enjoy each team in the Big East.
02-01-2006 08:06 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

army56mike Wrote:You know everyone busted my chops on here when I would trash talk and try to push others buttons. i would never direct insults at individuals, but rather teams or areas. I got run down for it. I don't think this forum is the right place to have that "love to hate you" relationship.

This is a kinder, more gentle place. I guess that's good in many ways. I liked really pushing peoples buttons, though I enjoy each team in the Big East.

Go for it now Mike, the BCS is secure and recruiting went very well.

Go ahead with the following nicknames and this goes for everyone else.

WVU=I haven't come up with one on them yet
Louisville=Pizza State or Pizza U
USF=Suntanned Directional College
Pitt-sPitt
Syracuse=Fruit U
Rutgers=Rutgirls
Cincinnati=Cindy
UConn=UConvict or Yukon
02-01-2006 08:15 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I prefer...
Rutgirls or Queenies
Pittiful
Syrupcuse
Those are really the only teams I enjoy picking at.
02-01-2006 09:59 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Maize Wrote:Louisville=Pizza State or Pizza U

I prefer simply: LOSERVILLE 05-stirthepot 04-chairshot
02-01-2006 10:28 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.