ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Towson
ODU Hugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Towson
[Image: Pat_Kennedy_Mens_Basketball_coach_at_Towson.jpg]

Pat says: Hey Blaine, you ready to join me? Announcing is fun.
01-30-2013 08:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Towson
I think Blaine would make an excellent announcer. He's funny, he always has good stories, he has a decent enough coaching history and he could certainly keep an audience entertained for 2 hours at a time.

Time to retire Blaine, we've found your new calling!
01-30-2013 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Blaine could make rock stars at the NCAA tournament as an announcer. Good call.
01-30-2013 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Towson
We're favored by 1 according people I follow on twitter. For entertainment purposes only, of course.
01-30-2013 09:06 AM
MonarchsWon Offline
2nd String

Looking forward to the game. Pat Skerry has done a good job with that program and has them heading in the right direction. They've got potential to become a solid program - especially considering the absence of ODU and VCU in the future CAA. A strong recruiting area along with quality facilities - a growing campus population, etc. - bodes well for them. It will be interesting to see if Nick Wright and Ross are fully recovered for tonight's game. The last thing we need is an even shorter bench. A win would be nice.
01-30-2013 09:09 AM
Heisman

(01-30-2013 09:06 AM)devyanks90 Wrote:  We're favored by 1 according people I follow on twitter. For entertainment purposes only, of course.

It's already moved to 0.

But let's see, Ross isn't 100%, Wright and Clark are out and we are playing Benimmon inside and Blaine Taylor is still our coach.

Time to bet the house.
01-30-2013 09:12 AM
Advertisement

The Flagship Offline
All American

(01-30-2013 09:09 AM)MonarchsWon Wrote:  Looking forward to the game. Pat Skerry has done a good job with that program and has them heading in the right direction. They've got potential to become a solid program - especially considering the absence of ODU and VCU in the future CAA. A strong recruiting area along with quality facilities - a growing campus population, etc. - bodes well for them. It will be interesting to see if Nick Wright and Ross are fully recovered for tonight's game. The last thing we need is an even shorter bench. A win would be nice.

I think it is easier to go from bad to mediocre, then it is to go from mediocre to good. Yes, Towson is better than they have been, but the next half of the trip is against a steeper slope.

Now, when looking at this in reverse (ODU), dropping from good to mediocre can happen quickly (again, steeper slope). Going from mediocre to bad should be slower. It's like we are on a bobsled run and we seem to be picking up speed the closer we get to the bottom. 03-banghead
01-30-2013 09:18 AM
ODU Hugh Offline
1st String

Nick is available, not that it matters much.
01-30-2013 09:23 AM
pandorazboxx Offline
2nd String

I wasn't there for the one home win this season. I'm not going to go tonight. maybe ODU will win?
01-30-2013 09:26 AM
Heisman

(01-30-2013 09:23 AM)ODU Hugh Wrote:  Nick is available, not that it matters much.

I'm not sure if that helps or hurts my bet simply because I don't know if he's any better or worse than Anton.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 09:36 AM by Razor Ramon Monarch.)
01-30-2013 09:36 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

That line is begging the public to take Towson. Vegas must know something we don't which shouldn't be surprising. I wouldn't play this game but if I did I'd play us. Something fishy may be going on here.
01-30-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-30-2013 09:51 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  That line is begging the public to take Towson. Vegas must know something we don't which shouldn't be surprising. I wouldn't play this game but if I did I'd play us. Something fishy may be going on here.

They've been giving odu far too much credit all season long.

We were favored over ga state at home, only 2 point dogs to uncw etc.

We are a flat out terrible basketball team. Towson is much improved and looking for revenge.

Vegas doesn't know everything.
01-30-2013 09:59 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

Ya but this line stinks almost to the point of foul play
01-30-2013 10:01 AM
Heisman

So did the ga state +2 line, how'd that work out?

They are 10-12, healthy and playing much better of late.

We are 2-17 and going in the complete wrong direction. We also aren't even close to healthy.

Skerry is a better in game coach than Blaine and they have the best player on either team (Bennimon).

The only thing that stinks is I don't have more money to bet against our drunk coach.
01-30-2013 10:06 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

That's why the line stinks they should beat us by 15. Vegas has info on the volume and other data of all of our games. Maybe they have something to indicate why they set the line this way. Only logical reason I can come up with.

As puzzling as our 2-17 Rpi 322 year is, don't you think Vegas is the most likely to be aware of potential foul play? We were picked 4th in a crappy conference have had pretty good health really no eligibility problems and we don't look like we will win a game. Just saying.
01-30-2013 10:17 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Vegas doesn't ever "know anything". The line moves in accordance with the bets that are placed. Apparently, due to our relative success in the past, we still have a better reputation with the betters than we deserve. Having a solid knowledge of a regional league like the CAA gives you a huge advantage in Vegas. I have only been once back in '06 and I made a small fortune (relative to my financial condition at the time) betting on CAA games. For instance, Hofstra (the team that got snubbed from the NCAA tournament that year) was only a 2 point favorite @ W&M (they were the celler dwellers). Hofstra won the game 82-57. Paid for my trip and I was never even worried about it.
01-30-2013 10:18 AM
Advertisement

The Flagship Offline
All American

(01-30-2013 10:01 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Ya but this line stinks almost to the point of foul play

I don't think a line can have foul play. You still have freedom of choice. I think this is simply a case of name recognition. Vegas doesn't necessarily want a lopsided bet. They set the line and adjust accordingly as the bets come in.
01-30-2013 10:18 AM
Heisman

Bingo. Sometimes they just give a team far too much credit.

Odu has been getting insane lines all year long.

Towson is a better team than uncw or ga state or jmu and all 3 covered their spreads against us.

If you really think we are winning this game I've got a bridge to sell you.
01-30-2013 10:22 AM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

tell me more about this bridge you speak of....

:-)
01-30-2013 10:31 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

And nobody is making money off of this? This is the worst line, what if there is an actual payday down the road that Vegas is factoring in? We should be 15 point dogs today and we are favored.

It just doesn't seem logical for them to be so wrong each time out
01-30-2013 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.