Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Charlotte Observer "Updated data on UNC scandal..."
Bookmark and Share
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
"Updated data on UNC scandal details bogus classes, suspect grade changes"

"New data released Friday into a long-running academic fraud scandal at UNC Chapel Hill show athletes made up nearly half of the enrollments in 172 bogus classes in the African studies department, and also accounted for just under half of 512 suspect grade changes during that period."

Quote:But Baker Tilly, the national management consulting firm that produced the data, said those numbers are not evidence of an athletics scandal at the university.

03-2thumbsup

Link: Charlotte Observer: Updated data on UNC scandal
01-26-2013 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: OT: Charlotte Observer "Updated data on UNC scandal..."
Dang whos the dean there Bill Clinton?
01-26-2013 01:03 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(01-26-2013 12:36 AM)blazr Wrote:  "Updated data on UNC scandal details bogus classes, suspect grade changes"

"New data released Friday into a long-running academic fraud scandal at UNC Chapel Hill show athletes made up nearly half of the enrollments in 172 bogus classes in the African studies department, and also accounted for just under half of 512 suspect grade changes during that period."

Quote:But Baker Tilly, the national management consulting firm that produced the data, said those numbers are not evidence of an athletics scandal at the university.

03-2thumbsup

The Charlotte Disturber, promoting, covering up for, or making excuses for Ole Alma Mater since 1886.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 02:25 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
01-26-2013 02:24 AM
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(01-26-2013 02:24 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  
(01-26-2013 12:36 AM)blazr Wrote:  "Updated data on UNC scandal details bogus classes, suspect grade changes"

03-2thumbsup

The Charlotte Disturber, promoting, covering up for, or making excuses for Ole Alma Mater since 1886.

I don't know...this article seems to be asking the right - possibly damning but not ironclad as it is - questions. Hailing from Bham, I'm not unfamiliar with the leading journalistic outlet running interference for the U's...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
01-26-2013 03:10 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
No need for the Observer to cover it up. The NCAA will find reasons to do nothing, or just do nothing without giving a reason - Miami's likely to walk away with "time served"; they should have followed the UNC example and bought hookers and blow for non-athletes, too. There's probably a greater chance of AAU expulsion or SACS yanking their accreditation than any meaningful NCAA penalty.
01-26-2013 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.