Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not Good
Bookmark and Share
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Not Good
This is not a good sign at all. Losing our top overall recruit, Our top QB recruit, has to be worst possible start for Carey. It could have went 3 ways; Keep both as expected after and Orange Bowl berth and many guys back, Keep at least one and stay respectable, or lose both and have nothing to stand on. Losing them will but us near the bottom of the MAC in this class. And say what you want, but I'd rather be on the top than the bottom.

I said it a long time ago, this hire of Carey just seemed like a knee jerk reaction. He really has nothing to hang his hat on with recruits. We needed a guy that could not only keep the class together, but keep a fan base that could still go either way, excited. This is scarey. I don't want to be negative, but it just is a shame that we cannot translate a BCS berth into recruiting excitement! That is one thing Boise State WAS able to do.

http://orangefizz.net/2013/01/qb-mitch-k...niu-again/

http://orangefizz.net/2013/01/size-speed...-winfield/
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 12:21 PM by niufb83.)
01-25-2013 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
RE: Not Good
Holy mother of overreactions Batman!!
01-25-2013 12:20 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-25-2013 12:20 PM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  Holy mother of overreactions Batman!!

How is that an overreation? What has this staff done to excite our fan base for 1 second since the OB? Truly. I know it was only a few weeks ago, but IMO, this is when we need to capitalize on it!
01-25-2013 12:24 PM
NIUTOM51 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
(01-25-2013 12:24 PM)niufb83 Wrote:  

How is that an overreation? What has this staff done to excite our fan base for 1 second since the OB? Truly. I know it was only a few weeks ago, but IMO, this is when we need to capitalize on it!

Slow down...... Don't have a coronary before February 6th. I believe our staff is keeping everything under wraps. Be patient. If you are this mad on February 7th, then we can look at it differently....
01-25-2013 12:28 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-25-2013 12:28 PM)NIUTOM51 Wrote:  

Slow down...... Don't have a coronary before February 6th. I believe our staff is keeping everything under wraps. Be patient. If you are this mad on February 7th, then we can look at it differently....

You make a valid point, but regardless, losing two of our top guys is not great news. Let's face it.
01-25-2013 12:34 PM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Recruiting is such a crap shoot. The kids we get because these other guys bolted to Syracuse and N.C. State may end up being a better fit for our program. I really believe, in a majority of cases, how a kid fits into a program will determine how successful they are. Yes Johnny Football would have succeeded in Oregon eventually but would he have started there his frosh year? Don't think so. He found a great fit at Texas A&M.
01-25-2013 12:35 PM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

+1

LOL

We are losing these kids to ACC and B1G programs.
01-25-2013 12:41 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
who here is surprised that this happened knowing that Doeren left? This happens all the time with head coaching changes
01-25-2013 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Was Doeren a bad hire because he lost like 5 of Kill's guys when he took over? Ill hang up an listen to your answer.
01-25-2013 12:47 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-25-2013 12:41 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

+1

LOL

We are losing these kids to ACC and B1G programs.

All of you make good points. And hopefullly some good news is brewing behind closed doors. I just also don't want to sit back and look thorugh red and black glasses and act like no matter what happens, we will be fine. I just really though that the Orange Bowl would translate into some unexpected committments and some guys (although ACC 10 talents, would stay). I really thought the success we would have would definitely reafirm some commitments even with others calling. Like I said, I hope some of you are right and it is under wraps right now, but regardless of all of this, I also believe our success should translate into a top MAC class. We don't need a top MAC class to win as we have proven, but we certainly wouldn't turn down great players either. I honestly also really don't like Dave Doeren coming in to take our recruits. Yes he recruited them, but they committed to this place and he should leave that alone. If he can recruit Mitch Kimble, he can recruit others just as talented.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 12:51 PM by niufb83.)
01-25-2013 12:50 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
[quote='7' pid='8883964' dateline='1359136049']
Was Doeren a bad hire because he lost like 5 of Kill's guys when he took over? Ill hang up an listen to your answer.
[/quodte]

What I will say to that is that the Jury is still out on his recruits. He certainly was a great coach. Kill recruited nearly every kid that started on the Orange Bowl Team. We will see what Doerens guys do now as they begin to play major roles for us. SO, the answer is yes, that was a concern, as always with coaching changes. He did a nice job coaching Kills kids up, but we will see how the kids he brought on campus do. I hope well.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 12:55 PM by niufb83.)
01-25-2013 12:53 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFanatic Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, MACtion
I'm going to reiterate a point that has been made several times on this board, I want kids who WANT to be here as their top choice. I dont want players "to settle" for NIU because they didn't have offers from BCS schools.
01-25-2013 12:54 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-25-2013 12:54 PM)HuskieFanatic Wrote:  I'm going to reiterate a point that has been made several times on this board, I want kids who WANT to be here as their top choice. I dont want players "to settle" for NIU because they didn't have offers from BCS schools.

That is easy to say and I agree, but the fact is that if this was the case, we wouldn't get very good players most of the time. Many of the guys thorughout the years that have been great for us hav been overlooked by major programs and we were one of a few mid-major offeres, or smaller big 10 (Indiana) offers. If we keep going to major bowls, that will be the case wiht young kids wanting to come to Dekalb, but unless a kid has a family tie to the program, or is a local kid, most jsut fall into our lap and we beat out other Mid Major type schools.
01-25-2013 01:02 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

Kimble was one of our top? No one, including recruiting services, had ever heard of him when we got his commit.
01-25-2013 01:25 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(01-25-2013 01:25 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  Kimble was one of our top? No one, including recruiting services, had ever heard of him when we got his commit.

SSSHHHH. You're ruining the Narrative of Doom.

Nobody gave a crap about Kimble and his all-world ability when Fuessel was a verbal. Once he bailed (while Doeren was still coach), then Kimble turned into a once-in-a-lifetime talent that couldn't get away.
01-25-2013 01:54 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

Just pretend Charlie miller is a recruit from this years class and watch him tear up the MAC this year. Problem solved.
01-25-2013 01:58 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(01-25-2013 01:54 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(01-25-2013 01:25 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  Kimble was one of our top? No one, including recruiting services, had ever heard of him when we got his commit.

SSSHHHH. You're ruining the Narrative of Doom.

Nobody gave a crap about Kimble and his all-world ability when Fuessel was a verbal. Once he bailed (while Doeren was still coach), then Kimble turned into a once-in-a-lifetime talent that couldn't get away.
Billy Lowe was the next big thing according to this place too.
01-25-2013 02:00 PM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

this is a bad move by Kimble. The SU and NC St recruiting classes for this year wil be soso, that is usually the case with a coaching change. The subsequent classes will be much better pushing a player like Kimble further down the depth chart. . Kimble is a fill in for this class. His best chance to play would have been to come to our place, red shirt, and as a redshirt frosh, compete for the starting job. I doubt very much he will ever see the field as a QB at either SU or NC st. See Miles Osei at UI. Players don't get lost in the shuffle at our place
01-25-2013 02:00 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(01-25-2013 02:00 PM)gcd Wrote:  

this is a bad move by Kimble. The SU and NC St recruiting classes for this year wil be soso, that is usually the case with a coaching change. The subsequent classes will be much better pushing a player like Kimble further down the depth chart. . Kimble is a fill in for this class. His best chance to play would have been to come to our place, red shirt, and as a redshirt frosh, compete for the starting job. I doubt very much he will ever see the field as a QB at either SU or NC st. See Miles Osei at UI. Players don't get lost in the shuffle at our place

Explain this, please, because I think I disagree.
01-25-2013 02:03 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
The Orange Bowl fairy dust must have worn off quickly for these guys. Every program has defections and Winfield tweeted something to the effect "Can't wait to get to NIU" around the time of the OB.

They want to date every pretty new girl that comes to their school. Some infatuations just last longer than others.
01-25-2013 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.