Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Pastner to Mizzou
Bookmark and Share
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Pastner to Mizzou
Haith in trouble from his days at Miami.

Quote:NCAA is expected to release a notice of allegations as early as this week, and that in it, Haith is expected to be charged with unethical conduct and failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

I'll do the honors. 05-stirthepot
01-23-2013 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MEMPH1S Offline
1st String

RE: Pastner to Mizzou
I thought USC was a done deal
01-23-2013 01:49 AM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
Pastner to USC
Damon to Mizzou.

Duh.
01-23-2013 02:14 AM
Advertisement

missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
I thought no one wanted him, including some here.
01-23-2013 06:07 AM
roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-23-2013 01:48 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Haith in trouble from his days at Miami.

Quote:NCAA is expected to release a notice of allegations as early as this week, and that in it, Haith is expected to be charged with unethical conduct and failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

A few things I take from that article. :

- The HC himself is going to be held accountable similiar to Pearle's infractions at ut. This can be a good trend. Maybe, coaches will care more about being caught violating rules.
- karma is a *****. During Rose's investigation a fromer Miami AD/ NCAA official stated we were held to a "strict liability" standard. I hope they are held to this standard.
- Article said the NCAA doesn't think they can prove the allegations that the ponzi scheme guy is making. Proof? Since when does the NCAA jerk offs worry about proof. I have never seen any convincing proof that someone other than Rose took the SAT.
01-23-2013 06:38 AM
Advertisement

wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-23-2013 01:48 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Haith in trouble from his days at Miami.

Nah, not Mizzou. Going to Missippi when Andy Kennedy takes a better job. C'mon man keep up.
01-23-2013 07:56 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
(01-23-2013 06:38 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  

A few things I take from that article. :

- The HC himself is going to be held accountable similiar to Pearle's infractions at ut. This can be a good trend. Maybe, coaches will care more about being caught violating rules.
- karma is a *****. During Rose's investigation a fromer Miami AD/ NCAA official stated we were held to a "strict liability" standard. I hope they are held to this standard.
- Article said the NCAA doesn't think they can prove the allegations that the ponzi scheme guy is making. Proof? Since when does the NCAA jerk offs worry about proof. I have never seen any convincing proof that someone other than Rose took the SAT.

If it was a minister making the allegations, the NCAA may put more stock into his testimony and not look for so much proof to back it up.

But it's a convicted felon in federal prison for the next 20 years.
01-23-2013 08:36 AM
Advertisement

lenetzach Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: the Tigers
Pastner to Mizzou
It's not like the NCAA can give him time off his sentence

It didn't matter to them when they were trying to make a case against Rose by putting the squeeze on a guy who was caught hiding behind bushes after trying to rob someone with a bb gun and get away on a bicycle! They told him and another guy that if they didnt say Rose cheated, they would never play basketball again. You can't make this stuff up - no one would believe you!

So they used actual coercion and didn't care about credibility then.

As for this case, many things Shapiro has said have been proven, and I don't think anything has been proven false. Otherwise there would be no case against Miami for anything.
01-23-2013 08:54 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
I am wondering how hard the university and money guys would fight to keep pastner if someone made a big run at him
01-23-2013 11:51 AM
Gibson Tiger Offline
Special Teams

This will be create a big disadvantage for Missouri in recruiting if they keep Haith as the head coach.Every SEC school,not to mention rivals like Illinois & Kansas,will ask recruits parents if they want their son to play for an unethical coach.Also will Missouri get hit with sanctions if they keep Haith.Even if Missouri is completely blameless the NCAA could still hit them for hiring Haith.As roachman48 said the NCAA doesn't worry about proof.
01-23-2013 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.