Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do Americans Think We Face Tyranny?
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Do Americans Think We Face Tyranny?
The first eight minutes are a perfect illustration of the liberals on this board (and, to be fair, the "conservatives" during W's time on office). When confronted with facts to the contrary, they simply cling to their preconceived notions, stick their fingers in their ear, and say "Nope. This is America. It can't happen here." The last couple of minutes are almost enough to give you hope. Almost.

01-21-2013 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
RE: Do Americans Think We Face Tyranny?
Good video. People like RedwingRobert will deny this, say it's fabricated, and put people like you and I on ignore... but;

- they really wants to ignore reality, not the person
- They can only ignore us for so much longer
01-22-2013 09:17 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
A lot of mixing and matching of info(spin) in that video by the "reporter".

Oh, preacherman if you read my posts, I say I don't put anybody on ignore. I did once but I took the person off within a few days because it is only slightly better than worthless and I missed the ebtertainment from the poster I had on ignore.
01-22-2013 11:05 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I've chewed on what "Tyranny" means for a bit over the years, and I've come to the conclusion that “Tyranny” has two different meanings in our society.

To a big chunk of “Red” America, concern for Tyranny means “being aware that unlimited government can not end well, so let’s not let it get out of control.”

To a big chunk of "Blue" America, Tyranny is code phrase for something like “bitter, fearful, Jesus-clinging, no abortion, barefoot women, John Birch-reading gun freaks.”
01-22-2013 11:08 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(01-22-2013 11:05 AM)RobertN Wrote:  A lot of mixing and matching of info(spin) in that video by the "reporter".

Reading them actual headlines from sources like NYT, HuffPo, The Atlantic, and Yahoo is "spin" to you? 03-lmfao
01-22-2013 11:33 AM
Advertisement

Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
(01-22-2013 11:05 AM)RobertN Wrote:  A lot of mixing and matching of info(spin) in that video by the "reporter".

Oh, preacherman if you read my posts, I say I don't put anybody on ignore. I did once but I took the person off within a few days because it is only slightly better than worthless and I missed the ebtertainment from the poster I had on ignore.

Sorry, I get confused who RedWingRobert initially referred to. I'll give you one thumb up for not ignoring people, but your counterpart Tom thinks he can make everyone else's opinions just disappear... kinda like his God Obama does.
01-22-2013 11:56 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-22-2013 11:33 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  

Reading them actual headlines from sources like NYT, HuffPo, The Atlantic, and Yahoo is "spin" to you? 03-lmfao
No.
01-22-2013 11:56 AM
Advertisement

Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
I know it wasn't the video's point, but isn't the better question "How much tyranny are you willing to tolerate?"

How long has it been since our government hasn't been doing something tyrannical?
01-22-2013 01:49 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i hate when people come armed and unleash upon an unwitting public and getting your desired response. in public, it's tragic. and times square to boot! could you collect a sampling of more uneducated people? these videos never go great, but then again they're hilarious and awful. why the hell would you go to times square? of all the beautiful places in new york, why on earth times square? 'oh it looks pretty on tv.' 'my friend didn't get raped.' 'they have a mcdonalds.' 'carson daly!' those last two minutes were painful to watch. agreeing for all the wrong reasons.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 03:24 PM by Lush.)
01-22-2013 03:22 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
01-22-2013 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.