Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The thing about PJ Fleck
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
The thing about PJ Fleck
If he would have stayed as offensive coordinator instead of jumping to NFL, he would probably be our head coach right now.
01-20-2013 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
RE: The thing about PJ Fleck
That's assuming a lot. Who knows how different NIU's season would be if he had called plays?
01-20-2013 04:48 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(01-20-2013 04:48 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  That's assuming a lot. Who knows how different NIU's season would be if he had called plays?

+1

Plus, it's a stretch to say Fleck would have even been considered as HC after just one season as a coordinator.
01-20-2013 05:24 PM
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
Well I'm hoping he's going to be a good head coach. The man does have some energy going for him. He took the microphone at halftime of a Basketball game, and got the whole crowd fired up, with what he and his staff plan on doing to Western Michigan Football. They plan on outworking everybody else. It all sounded good!! It always does at the start. GO BRONCOS!!!!
01-20-2013 06:25 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-20-2013 06:25 PM)BroncoBen Wrote:  Well I'm hoping he's going to be a good head coach. The man does have some energy going for him. He took the microphone at halftime of a Basketball game, and got the whole crowd fired up, with what he and his staff plan on doing to Western Michigan Football. They plan on outworking everybody else. It all sounded good!! It always does at the start. GO BRONCOS!!!!

I would never bet against him and if he was not in the MAC West I would be cheering for his success. Hard to do that now though as NIU will be competing with him for recruits, on the field etc. That said I think that the Bronco's future is in good hands.
01-20-2013 07:29 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Personally I hope WMU goes 0-12 next year. That's just me though.
01-20-2013 07:36 PM
Advertisement

cagy cager Offline
1st String

really? how does this "outworking everybody else work?" like everyone else is sitting on their arse? you only get so many hours to work these guys per NCAA rules.......such platitudes sound good but he better recruit his butt off cuz talent wins out in the end. Hard work only beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.......and something tells me NIU talent is used to working hard.
01-20-2013 07:38 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(01-20-2013 07:36 PM)armour248 Wrote:  Personally I hope WMU goes 0-12 next year. That's just me though.

03-yes
01-20-2013 08:52 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I have a feeling PJ will be very successful and make things difficult for NIU and the rest of the MAC west for 3-4 years. Then he will leave WMU for a bigger school. The rest of us will be left talking about what cold have been.
01-20-2013 09:20 PM
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Football
It's funny how many of you guys went crazy when Fleck was coming back last, but now he is somehow a piece of crap. He finished as the #2 choice a couple years ago when they hired DD so he most certainly would be the coach now if he would of stayed last year. So far in the past 2 weeks he has done a better job of hiring coaches and recruiting.
I leave you with this to think about, if Carey walks into a living room to talk to a recruit and then PJ walks into the same living room to talk to the same recruit who will most of those battles??
01-20-2013 09:41 PM
Hall of Famer

I didn't say he was a piece of crap. I just said there is no way to know how last season goes with PJ. Could be better, worse, the same, who knows?

It's okay to have a chubby for PJ. You're allowed.
01-20-2013 09:58 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Will Carey be wearing his championship rings and orange bowl hat?
01-20-2013 09:59 PM
Hall of Famer

(01-20-2013 09:59 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Will Carey be wearing his championship rings and orange bowl hat?

PJ could show off his Buccaneers gear, I guess.
01-20-2013 10:01 PM
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Football
Just sayin that both of these guys officially started the the 2013 season about 2 weeks ago and so far it's no contest when you look at what has been done. We will have a great season next year but the following season I am concerned about. I know them both and would bet that 3 years from now PJ will have a better job than Carey.
01-20-2013 10:22 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
How can you say PJ has done a better job than Carey? Based on hires? Based on getting recruits from EMU? Based on WMU getting a "3*" recruit from Illinois that has had basically very little recruiting interest and WMU is touting as their top recruit? I know he has/had an offer from us but that doesn't mean we were going after him like he was our #1 recruit. We may have backed off him and WMU was his only option left.

PJ has "excited" all the recruits with his enthusiasm. Not sure that Doeren has done that so does that mean PJ's going to kick NC State's butt in recruiting? Are PJ's hires better than ours? Still TBD. Us losing recruits to BCS schools....happens every year. I guess that we should just roll up the carpet and quiver in the corner that big bad PJ is in town and his excitement will carry WMU to the MAC title and we have no chance at three peating.

I understand the PJ love from some people but it is incredibly premature to gauge eithers performance. WMU is a good opportunity for a coach. Many people on this board like the campus and game day experience so if PJ is successful 11/12ths of the time we can be happy.
01-21-2013 10:34 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Recruiting talk just fills the void in January.

Bottom line is the players need to get coached up. And NIU has done a better job at that than any of it's peers in the last decade. I'm sure that will not change with Carey at the helm.
01-21-2013 10:54 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-21-2013 10:54 AM)EA3 Wrote:  Recruiting talk just fills the void in January.

Bottom line is the players need to get coached up. And NIU has done a better job at that than any of it's peers in the last decade. I'm sure that will not change with Carey at the helm.

Just need to get them to sign that LOI.
01-21-2013 10:57 AM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
(01-20-2013 09:41 PM)bossman68 Wrote:  It's funny how many of you guys went crazy when Fleck was coming back last, but now he is somehow a piece of crap. He finished as the #2 choice a couple years ago when they hired DD so he most certainly would be the coach now if he would of stayed last year. So far in the past 2 weeks he has done a better job of hiring coaches and recruiting.
I leave you with this to think about, if Carey walks into a living room to talk to a recruit and then PJ walks into the same living room to talk to the same recruit who will most of those battles??
Where are you getting that from?
01-21-2013 11:15 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2013 10:22 PM)bossman68 Wrote:  Just sayin that both of these guys officially started the the 2013 season about 2 weeks ago and so far it's no contest when you look at what has been done. We will have a great season next year but the following season I am concerned about. I know them both and would bet that 3 years from now PJ will have a better job than Carey.

You weren't a punter by any chance?
01-21-2013 12:11 PM
niufb83 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-20-2013 09:20 PM)timxlydon Wrote:  I have a feeling PJ will be very successful and make things difficult for NIU and the rest of the MAC west for 3-4 years. Then he will leave WMU for a bigger school. The rest of us will be left talking about what cold have been.

I think you are correct! Those that completely disregard this notion are living in a dream world. He just came into DeKalbs backyard last week (Romeoville) and took one of the top players in our state, a 3 star linebacker that was considering NIU. And with graduation, LB was an area of need. You can say whatever you want, this guy will win at Western and win fast.

I support Rod Carey and NIU and always with with a ton of passion, but i also believe in my guy that he will rise fast as well. I hope both are successful!
01-21-2013 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.