Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All time UC-UL matchups
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
All time UC-UL matchups
there have been some pretty good games in this series, and from my understanding they were even good in the 80's when UL was a powerhouse and UC sucked. Since I wasnt around Ill list my top 10 from my memory since the Danny Fortson Era. This arent all neccassarily great games, but also memorable games as well.

T10) 2002 the shoe, Pitino gets a bad welcoming to CUSA. We hammer them and Field has a big day.
T10) 2001 The shoe. UC gets upset by a bad UL team that year, right before the Wake forest game.

9) 2003 Freedom Hall: UL was looking scary good, prbaly better than anyone in the country, it was Lennys senior year. Garcia hit like 8 threes and we held our own. I remember Kareem Johnson jacked Ellis Myles with an elbow. We hung in tere tough, but in the end UL had too much depth and talent.

8) I dont remeber when this game was, but I remeber being at it. Ruben Patterson had a real good game at the Shoe, it was a good game. Anybody know what Im talking about.

7) 1999 senior day at the Shoe: Levitts last game at shoe, Pete Mickeal had a huge game

6) 2004 freedom hall blowout: We were both in the top 5 in the country, we were looking very impressive undefeated and blowing everybody out by an average of about 30. It was a close game at half, but UL smoked us in the second half, and was the most disgusting performance Id ever seen by a uc team.

5) 2003 shoe blow out: UL was #10 in the country and we were having a bad year. Bobbit went crazy and we absolutely buried the Cards.

4) 2005 Shoe: We got up by 17 in the first half. UL came back and ended up winning. Jihad took a crappy last shot.

3) 2002 Freedom Hall: UC was #3 in the country and it was Pitinos first year. We smoked in the first meeting, but they got us in a good game the 2nd time around. Reece Gaines was unstoppable.

2) 2004 Field hits the 3: great game. I remember I almost broke my lamp when I jumped up and hit the table after Field hit the 3

1) 2004 CUSA tourney: Epic game. Have this game on tape, very exciting, probaly Armeins best game as a bearcat.

I know there are alot of other games. Feel free to chime in.

01-23-2006 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmhcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

1977--over 17,000 in the Coliseum as UL broke UC's 80 game home win streak. Great individual match up between Eddie Lee and Darrell Griffith. I believe Lee injured his knee in this game and never had the same hops after that. I know most of you weren't born yet--but it was a great game.

01-23-2006 05:53 PM
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
Re: All time UC-UL matchups
jarr Wrote:2) 2004 Field hits the 3: great game. I remember I almost broke my lamp when I jumped up and hit the table after Field hit the 3

There's some good memories in there. BTW, wasn't Field's buzzer beater a 2. If I remember correctly he hit a two to put in into OT and most the crowd, and Field, thought it was a 3 and they had won the game. Field even ran over to Dickie V and rubbed his head saying after the game that he thought the game was over. That was the best game I've ever attended.

01-23-2006 08:16 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

cmhcat Wrote:1977--over 17,000 in the Coliseum as UL broke UC's 80 game home win streak. Great individual match up between Eddie Lee and Darrell Griffith. I believe Lee injured his knee in this game and never had the same hops after that. I know most of you weren't born yet--but it was a great game.

My Dad, my high school buddy and I were at that game. I believe it still stands as the highest attended basketball game in Cincinnati at 17038.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1997/09...story.html

01-23-2006 08:26 PM
Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

At Louisville, the year they won it all with Pervis Ellison as a freshman. Roger McClendon went insane, they tried everybody on their team to try and stop him. They double and triple teamed him and everything he threw up went in. It was great to watch.

01-23-2006 08:28 PM
Advertisement

JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

That blowout at UL during Whaley's infamous season was awful. I sat in my room for an hour afterwards just staring at the floor 01-wingedeagle

01-23-2006 08:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Catswin Wrote:At Louisville, the year they won it all with Pervis Ellison as a freshman. Roger McClendon went insane, they tried everybody on their team to try and stop him. They double and triple teamed him and everything he threw up went in. It was great to watch.

Don't hold me to it, but I think McClendon scored 34 points at Louisville. And Denny Crum was beside himself. I saw that game. It was awesome. But so was McClendon.

01-23-2006 09:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

Bearcattitude Wrote:
Catswin Wrote:At Louisville, the year they won it all with Pervis Ellison as a freshman. Roger McClendon went insane, they tried everybody on their team to try and stop him. They double and triple teamed him and everything he threw up went in. It was great to watch.

Don't hold me to it, but I think McClendon scored 34 points at Louisville. And Denny Crum was beside himself. I saw that game. It was awesome. But so was McClendon.

I think you are right, he had 34. If they had the three it would have been even better!

01-24-2006 03:29 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

One I enjoyed was when one of the Yates teams knocked of UL in the Coliseum, snapping a 17 game losing streak to the Cards:

Jan. 19th, 1977 at Louisville 77 - 83 L
Jan. 7th, 1978 Louisville 75 - 78 L
Feb. 4th, 1978 at Louisville 76 - 83 L
Jan. 18th, 1979 Louisville 77 - 82 L
Feb. 3rd, 1979 at Louisville 85 - 88 L
Feb. 6th, 1980 at Louisville 73 - 88 L
Feb. 16th, 1980 Louisville 57 - 61 L
Jan. 10th, 1981 Louisville 68 - 83 L
Feb. 23rd, 1981 at Louisville 67 - 81 L
Mar. 7th, 1981 at Louisville 31 - 42 L
Jan. 16th, 1982 at Louisville 58 - 74 L
Feb. 13th, 1982 Louisville 53 - 67 L
Jan. 3rd, 1983 at Louisville 58 - 65 L
Feb. 2nd, 1983 Louisville 73 - 79 L
Jan. 7th, 1984 Louisville 37 - 51 L
Jan. 18th, 1984 at Louisville 64 - 78 L
Mar. 9th, 1984 Louisville 55 - 62 L
Jan. 24th, 1985 Louisville 56 - 54 W

Little used (I think his name was) Doug Keckman hit a jumper to put the Cats up for good. So what if this was an NIT UL team? Still enjoyed it 04-cheers

Someone please finish this song:

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!

01-24-2006 03:39 PM
Advertisement

CardinalEmpire.com Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

IMHO, both games last year were GREAT. The one back at Freedom Hall was incredible. I can still see Juan throwing up that desperation 3 from 23 or so feet and the shot clocking down to just a couple.

BTW, this Card fans thanks Bobby Huggins and the Univ of Cincinnati for starting and playing Jihad in both games. As big as Tello was in each, Jihad could have just as easily been our game MVP.

01-24-2006 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

CardinalEmpire.com Wrote:BTW, this Card fans thanks Bobby Huggins and the Univ of Cincinnati for starting and playing Jihad in both games. As big as Tello was in each, Jihad could have just as easily been our game MVP.

He's back to last year's form (16 points last 4 games, two scoreless) just in time for you guys 03-weeping Maybe he's due.

01-24-2006 04:30 PM
Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

Lemmiwinks Wrote:Someone please finish this song:

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!
DUHNT! DUHNT!

DUHNT! DUHNT! DUHNT!

LOUISVILLE SUCKS!!!!

01-24-2006 05:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Every year is suppose to be the Cards year...........and nearly every year it never happens.

Didn't Derrick McMillen have a great game against the Cards going something like 10-11 on FG's and upset them? Or was that against another team?

01-24-2006 06:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Bearcattitude Wrote:Every year is suppose to be the Cards year...........and nearly every year it never happens.

Didn't Derrick McMillen have a great game against the Cards going something like 10-11 on FG's and upset them? Or was that against another team?

Yep. Don't remember his stats, but the Big Mac Attack was very instrumental in breaking "The Streak" 04-cheers

01-24-2006 06:15 PM
Leah Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Quote:There's some good memories in there. BTW, wasn't Field's buzzer beater a 2. If I remember correctly he hit a two to put in into OT and most the crowd, and Field, thought it was a 3 and they had won the game. Field even ran over to Dickie V and rubbed his head saying after the game that he thought the game was over. That was the best game I've ever attended.

Yes, you are absolutely correct...it was a 2 to send the game into overtime! I was at that game ALONE and it was probably the most thrilling game I have ever attended!!!! Good memories.

01-24-2006 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Leah Wrote:
Quote:There's some good memories in there. BTW, wasn't Field's buzzer beater a 2. If I remember correctly he hit a two to put in into OT and most the crowd, and Field, thought it was a 3 and they had won the game. Field even ran over to Dickie V and rubbed his head saying after the game that he thought the game was over. That was the best game I've ever attended.

Yes, you are absolutely correct...it was a 2 to send the game into overtime! I was at that game ALONE and it was probably the most thrilling game I have ever attended!!!! Good memories.

That game didn't start out so good, though, did it? Wasn't the score like 16-15 at halftime lmfao Brutal!

01-24-2006 06:59 PM
NatiGirl Offline
Bench Warmer

JFlight21 Wrote:That blowout at UL during Whaley's infamous season was awful. I sat in my room for an hour afterwards just staring at the floor 01-wingedeagle

I was there, it was not fabulous!

01-24-2006 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.