Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

San Diego Trib-Union: Nbe has no TV Contract whatsoever.
Bookmark and Share
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
San Diego Trib-Union: Nbe has no TV Contract whatsoever.
The power has now shifted to CUSA. Nbe, from here on out, has to play defense. No school will now accept a Nbe invite. Nbe is not "standing pat." Rather, Nbe is cuckholded because they don't and won't have a TV contract. Now, with its hand untied, CUSA leadership can take some proactive steps. Should be interesting, that is for sure!

I think it was German General Rommel or some other German General that said that an Armoured Division without petrol is nothing but a junk yard. The Nbe is in that predicament, as a conference without a TV contract is a junk yard.

From San Diego Trib-Union Newspaper:

"When the Big East couldn't guarantee revenue or produce solid projections, the Mountain West became the safer option. The Big East, which has a year remaining in its current TV deal, almost certainly would have meant more money for the 2015 football season. But anything beyond that is an increasingly murky proposition, especially if Connecticut and Cincinnati make good on reports that they, too, want out."

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=613572
01-16-2013 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: San Diego Trib-Union: Nbe has no TV Contract whatsoever.
And yet, Tulsa is begging the Big East for an all-sport invite.

"We want to be in a conference where our coaches have the ability to recruit five-star athletes and to be able to say we're going to play in Dallas and Houston, and we're on the big screen. That's what talented football and basketball players are looking for.

"I also want to be in a conference that we can be proud of academically. Losing two of the private schools (SMU and Tulane) in Conference USA is damaging to me, in the way I think about the conference. Whether that forces us to take an action, I can't speculate. For one thing, it's not our call. We have to have an invitation (to move from C-USA to another league)."

"Let me say to you that we're having the necessary conversations, and people know what our intentions are and what our aspirations are. People can see what our record has been."

This doesn't sound like a leader who is thrilled with the direction of C-USA.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 09:40 PM by CougarRed.)
01-16-2013 09:33 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
nobody is going to give them a good tv deal until all the teams are in place
01-16-2013 09:39 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Common sense would tell you until you know who is in and who is out you would not have a tv contract. Hopefully, now BE can move forward. By the way, BE could have kept bsu by doing what mwc did and throw other teams under bus but thank goodness BE felt equal funding was the correct thing to do. Plus remember sdsu was nothing more than a tag along whom BE is thankful mwc allowed it back into mwc. Of course BE would have done the honrable thing and allow sdsu to stay. Question......mwc with liitle market it is still behind cusa and not close to BE big tv markets.
01-16-2013 09:45 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
There is no doubt the power of shift is now in the west with the MWC.
01-16-2013 09:49 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
"cuckholded" 03-lmfao
01-16-2013 10:02 PM
Advertisement

goldenhurricane2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else?
01-16-2013 10:08 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(01-16-2013 09:45 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Common sense would tell you until you know who is in and who is out you would not have a tv contract. Hopefully, now BE can move forward. By the way, BE could have kept bsu by doing what mwc did and throw other teams under bus but thank goodness BE felt equal funding was the correct thing to do. Plus remember sdsu was nothing more than a tag along whom BE is thankful mwc allowed it back into mwc. Of course BE would have done the honrable thing and allow sdsu to stay. Question......mwc with liitle market it is still behind cusa and not close to BE big tv markets.

But "if its all about markets" you should all ready have who you need in place. Right now its up chit creek with no paddle
01-16-2013 10:09 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-16-2013 09:33 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  And yet, Tulsa is begging the Big East for an all-sport invite.

"We want to be in a conference where our coaches have the ability to recruit five-star athletes and to be able to say we're going to play in Dallas and Houston, and we're on the big screen. That's what talented football and basketball players are looking for.

"I also want to be in a conference that we can be proud of academically. Losing two of the private schools (SMU and Tulane) in Conference USA is damaging to me, in the way I think about the conference. Whether that forces us to take an action, I can't speculate. For one thing, it's not our call. We have to have an invitation (to move from C-USA to another league)."

"Let me say to you that we're having the necessary conversations, and people know what our intentions are and what our aspirations are. People can see what our record has been."

This doesn't sound like a leader who is thrilled with the direction of C-USA.

Just a College Prez tring to keep everyone happy. Is anyone thrilled these days, other than SEC and B1G? TU administration is very savy and I am sure they will do the right thing.
01-16-2013 10:12 PM
r2pirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(01-16-2013 10:09 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(01-16-2013 09:45 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Common sense would tell you until you know who is in and who is out you would not have a tv contract. Hopefully, now BE can move forward. By the way, BE could have kept bsu by doing what mwc did and throw other teams under bus but thank goodness BE felt equal funding was the correct thing to do. Plus remember sdsu was nothing more than a tag along whom BE is thankful mwc allowed it back into mwc. Of course BE would have done the honrable thing and allow sdsu to stay. Question......mwc with liitle market it is still behind cusa and not close to BE big tv markets.

But "if its all about markets" you should all ready have who you need in place. Right now its up chit creek with no paddle

Sour grapes.............usm would join BE today if it could. I truly do like usm and will hate not playing them after next season. Hopefully,
you can go 11-1 next season:) I believe usm will be the flag ship of cusa after ecu and tulsa leave.
01-16-2013 10:17 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(01-16-2013 10:17 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  Sour grapes.............usm would join BE today if it could. I truly do like usm and will hate not playing them after next season. Hopefully,
you can go 11-1 next season:) I believe usm will be the flag ship of cusa after ecu and tulsa leave.

You lost you F'N marbles. Sure USM would join a group of misfits (UCF, Memphis, USF, Temple, ECU, Tulane), not going to include SMU, Houston, UConn, Cincy cause they will most likely be gone from there sooner or later. The BUBE has "NO" TV contract, "NO" TV revenue.

You ECU fans think you are joining the BE of the late 90s, the one where Miami, BC, VA Tech and Syracuse was all ranked in the top 15. When in reality you jumped in the biggest pile of crap there is.

ECU ppl love Terry Holland, well he may have just help you screw yourself over more than anyone ever has. I know its been said Tulane and ECU have yet to give their notice to CUSA but I don't see them not doing it. To many big egos not to.

When the hell was ECU ever the flagship, I think you need to go take your meds.
01-16-2013 10:51 PM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(01-16-2013 10:17 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  

Sour grapes.............usm would join BE today if it could. I truly do like usm and will hate not playing them after next season. Hopefully,

Yet another ECU person telling someone they have "sour gapes" because they are presented with facts and can't deal with reality. Facts must really hurt your delusions of grandeur.

It's honestly pitiful.
01-16-2013 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I got news forya beevus, we have always been one step closer to being the flagship even with ecu in the league

You guys jumping is like leaving a good job without another lined up already. I wouldnt do that to my family, would you?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 11:03 PM by Thegoldstandard.)
01-16-2013 11:01 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for expressing a positive thought toward USM, however, I have to tell you that unless things have changed greatly at Southern Miss since I was an Sports Admin. and Coaching student there, I would say that USM would be slow to accept an invitation now due to the fact there is far too many questions that have no real answers. If the BE could give iron clad guarantees and shows it is dealing effectively with it's future, then sure Gen. Hammond would be interested in going into it. However, the conference hasn't even got the ability to say it will be named Big East, that it can guarantee a tv contract that will give a satisfactory amount to each school over a period of years. My training at USM would tell me to wait and see, not close any doors, but not to accept anything without it being solid. I don't know where that conference is going and frankly if it is worth being a part of, but right now I think I would just say let's see what you have to offer.

As for the "flagship" label, Southern Miss was indeed the big football program when C-USA was started, in fact it was often said on tv that it was Southern Miss that gave the conference credibility. USM was the leader in working to get ECU in C-USA and others also played a role. We fought Louisville hard to force them to include ECU and several of the schools banned together to call Louisville's bluff that eventually lead to a lawsuit, and out of court settlement. It was something that caused USM trouble for years with Louisville and never have we regretted taking ECU's side.

Just some rational statements for you and anyone else to digest and maybe to temper their egos with some gratitude.
01-16-2013 11:32 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-16-2013 11:32 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  

Thanks for expressing a positive thought toward USM, however, I have to tell you that unless things have changed greatly at Southern Miss since I was an Sports Admin. and Coaching student there, I would say that USM would be slow to accept an invitation now due to the fact there is far too many questions that have no real answers. If the BE could give iron clad guarantees and shows it is dealing effectively with it's future, then sure Gen. Hammond would be interested in going into it. However, the conference hasn't even got the ability to say it will be named Big East, that it can guarantee a tv contract that will give a satisfactory amount to each school over a period of years. My training at USM would tell me to wait and see, not close any doors, but not to accept anything without it being solid. I don't know where that conference is going and frankly if it is worth being a part of, but right now I think I would just say let's see what you have to offer.

As for the "flagship" label, Southern Miss was indeed the big football program when C-USA was started, in fact it was often said on tv that it was Southern Miss that gave the conference credibility. USM was the leader in working to get ECU in C-USA and others also played a role. We fought Louisville hard to force them to include ECU and several of the schools banned together to call Louisville's bluff that eventually lead to a lawsuit, and out of court settlement. It was something that caused USM trouble for years with Louisville and never have we regretted taking ECU's side.

Just some rational statements for you and anyone else to digest and maybe to temper their egos with some gratitude.

...nailed it and have said this since I started posting....how the hell these people can make these types of decisions w/o provisions is beyond me

...IMO, right now we are lucky b/c we would have done it in the first or second wave...we got lucky on this one

...SDSU was at least smart about it...and apparently BSU was too.....sucked 'em right into the boat like that 10 lb bass hitting the spook at 5:20 in the a.m. (that would be a zara spook for the liberals that want to chastise my analogy...there was NONE....look it up if you don't get it)

....really want to see 2 or 3 sub-super confs to end all of this bs....lay them out georgraphically and be done with it...it just isn't that hard folks
01-16-2013 11:51 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-16-2013 11:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

...nailed it and have said this since I started posting....how the hell these people can make these types of decisions w/o provisions is beyond me

...IMO, right now we are lucky b/c we would have done it in the first or second wave...we got lucky on this one

...SDSU was at least smart about it...and apparently BSU was too.....sucked 'em right into the boat like that 10 lb bass hitting the spook at 5:20 in the a.m. (that would be a zara spook for the liberals that want to chastise my analogy...there was NONE....look it up if you don't get it)

....really want to see 2 or 3 sub-super confs to end all of this bs....lay them out georgraphically and be done with it...it just isn't that hard folks

That would make some sense in some ways, but it will never happen because it requires starting over. Nobody ever willingly gives up thier kingdom. So, the commissioners will never allow that to happen. If five conferences becomes 3, someone wont end up with a kingdom. Nobody wants to be that someone.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 12:11 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-17-2013 12:10 AM
Advertisement

eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
Don't ya just love tallgrass threads? It's like watching Lindsay Lohan walk into a club while holding car keys in her hand.
01-17-2013 12:20 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
(01-16-2013 09:26 PM)Tallgrass Wrote:  The power has now shifted to CUSA. Nbe, from here on out, has to play defense. No school will now accept a Nbe invite. Nbe is not "standing pat." Rather, Nbe is cuckholded because they don't and won't have a TV contract. Now, with its hand untied, CUSA leadership can take some proactive steps. Should be interesting, that is for sure!

I think it was German General Rommel or some other German General that said that an Armoured Division without petrol is nothing but a junk yard. The Nbe is in that predicament, as a conference without a TV contract is a junk yard.

From San Diego Trib-Union Newspaper:

"When the Big East couldn't guarantee revenue or produce solid projections, the Mountain West became the safer option. The Big East, which has a year remaining in its current TV deal, almost certainly would have meant more money for the 2015 football season. But anything beyond that is an increasingly murky proposition, especially if Connecticut and Cincinnati make good on reports that they, too, want out."

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=613572

*see definition of insanity.
01-17-2013 12:21 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-17-2013 12:10 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-16-2013 11:51 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-16-2013 10:09 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  But "if its all about markets" you should all ready have who you need in place. Right now its up chit creek with no paddle

That would make some sense in some ways, but it will never happen because it requires starting over. Nobody ever willingly gives up thier kingdom. So, the commissioners will never allow that to happen. If five conferences becomes 3, someone wont end up with a kingdom. Nobody wants to be that someone.

Xactly! ...hence da point ...is why this is going on to begin with

nBE vs. ACC is going to be the final battle...after that it won't matter

4/16 with 48+ leftovers....all for 8 playoff spots eventually and 16 in the end...I really don't think people understand how ugly this is going to get by the time it is over.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 12:35 AM by stinkfist.)
01-17-2013 12:25 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles

I can assure you 100% that USM would not join the BE. I have been told that from a very good source and his reasons are very sound.
01-17-2013 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.