Enid, OK article on Orange Bowl
01-14-2013 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Enid, OK article on Orange Bowl
That pretty much sums it up. I couldn't have said it better.
01-15-2013 10:13 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(01-15-2013 10:13 AM)HuskieBowWow Wrote:  That pretty much sums it up. I couldn't have said it better.

+1
01-15-2013 11:33 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
I need a CSNBBS clothing ruling. I know we all agree that regular season gameday shirts are stupid. I got a NIU/FSU Orange bowl hoodie that I like to wear, but last weekend I went to pick up some food and the girl at the check out said "So glad we won that game", assuming I was an FSU fan also. Is it ok to wear the FSU logo on clothing or should that be only worn inside the house given the outcome?
01-15-2013 11:48 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(01-15-2013 11:48 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I need a CSNBBS clothing ruling. I know we all agree that regular season gameday shirts are stupid. I got a NIU/FSU Orange bowl hoodie that I like to wear, but last weekend I went to pick up some food and the girl at the check out said "So glad we won that game", assuming I was an FSU fan also. Is it ok to wear the FSU logo on clothing or should that be only worn inside the house given the outcome?

I would wear it everywhere and if somebody says what that girl said...just say "My Huskies did not win...but we held our own for most of the game and we are super proud to have gotten there!" 04-rock
01-15-2013 11:59 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
FYI this is HuronDave
01-15-2013 12:02 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(01-15-2013 11:48 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I need a CSNBBS clothing ruling. I know we all agree that regular season gameday shirts are stupid. I got a NIU/FSU Orange bowl hoodie that I like to wear, but last weekend I went to pick up some food and the girl at the check out said "So glad we won that game", assuming I was an FSU fan also. Is it ok to wear the FSU logo on clothing or should that be only worn inside the house given the outcome?

You're just fine after an acceptable mourning period. My Dad has broken out the old "Poinsettia Bowl" t-shirt recently and gets comments like, "NIU played TCU in a bowl game? Cool."

Nobody remembers that game except for us. Even the fact that we got sh*thammered (and, boy, did we ever) is secondary to the fact that we were there.

The college football memory is very short, lasting as long as it takes each class to complete college. Very few people look at it in terms of the last decade as we often do. Nobody except for the hardest of the hardcore care about championships won over ten years ago. The nice thing is, unless your curbstomping was historic, nobody remembers the defeats, either.

Except rival fans... because they enjoy pushing buttons.
01-15-2013 03:15 PM
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(01-15-2013 12:02 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  FYI this is HuronDave

I wondered why the Eastern Michigan love in the last paragraph was there.

Oh, look! Akeem Daniels just busted another 40 yard TD in Ypsilanti.
01-15-2013 03:17 PM
NIU70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Take a guess
(01-15-2013 12:02 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  FYI this is HuronDave
That would explain it.
01-15-2013 03:20 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-15-2013 03:15 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

You're just fine after an acceptable mourning period. My Dad has broken out the old "Poinsettia Bowl" t-shirt recently and gets comments like, "NIU played TCU in a bowl game? Cool."

Nobody remembers that game except for us. Even the fact that we got sh*thammered (and, boy, did we ever) is secondary to the fact that we were there.

The college football memory is very short, lasting as long as it takes each class to complete college. Very few people look at it in terms of the last decade as we often do. Nobody except for the hardest of the hardcore care about championships won over ten years ago. The nice thing is, unless your curbstomping was historic, nobody remembers the defeats, either.

My 2010 MACC T-shirt quickly went to Goodwill. There's only so much I can do with clothing like that.
01-15-2013 04:25 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(01-15-2013 04:25 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

My 2010 MACC T-shirt quickly went to Goodwill. There's only so much I can do with clothing like that.

That's my pasta eating shirt. I wear that because I don't care what I spill on it. I also wear it whenever I have to scrub out the toilet. Also, I find that shirt useful when my cat throws up on me.
01-15-2013 04:36 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

(01-15-2013 04:36 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(01-15-2013 04:25 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

That's my pasta eating shirt. I wear that because I don't care what I spill on it. I also wear it whenever I have to scrub out the toilet. Also, I find that shirt useful when my cat throws up on me.

Well, not all defeats are created equally.
01-15-2013 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.