Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NDSU awaits Mountain West invite
Bookmark and Share
lakesbison Offline

I Root For: NDSU
NDSU awaits Mountain West invite
NDSU is 2 time defending fcs champions, could be a 3 peat if not for a blown call in 2010 playoffs in overtime, and with 17 seniors coming back will probably win another title.

NDSU is awaiting a Mountain West invite, NDSU proved they can compete with MWC by demolishing Colorado State this year and losing on last second field goal to wyoming in 2009.

NDSU's fanbase took 20,000 to texas for title game and 5000-6000 to Colorado State this year AND sold out every ticket for the fargodome before the season even started.

NDSU is a top research university and land grant and fits the academic makeup of the mountain west.

NDSU is a regional school with a 50/50 mix of North Dakotan/Minnesotan's.
01-14-2013 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lakesbison Offline

RE: NDSU awaits Mountain West invite
[Image: NDSU3.jpg]

[Image: costjpeg.jpg]

2nd picture is the 18,000 NDSU fans storming the field after 2nd national title.
01-14-2013 11:51 AM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
What's the matter Lake, you didn't want to sponsor another SHSU 2nd Place banner on the fcs board this year? So now you're ready to move up? Problem is you're not close to any FBS conf. that would take you, SBC, MAC is still too far plus they are working eastward.
01-14-2013 04:22 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BSU and WWU
Its sad but I just do not see how the Dakotas will ever be FBS with the WAC going under. That is the biggest reason the all the should have jumped on board when they had the chance. Too little too late.
01-14-2013 05:49 PM
lakesbison Offline

Can't take NDSU & Montana as travel partners? Passionate fan bases and a rivalry? Great attndence and both would actually take 5000-1000 fans on road trips
01-19-2013 02:36 PM
Boise fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
I respect the accomplishments of NDSU, and think you guys should move up. That said, you should get a core of schools together who are ready and approach the WAC. You guys, your in state rivals, the two Montana's, Eastern Washington, and a few others ready to make the move. Add Idaho & NMSU and you would cobble together a very respectable FBS conference.

Best of luck!
01-19-2013 02:58 PM
Advertisement

PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BSU and WWU
(01-19-2013 02:58 PM)Boise fan Wrote:  I respect the accomplishments of NDSU, and think you guys should move up. That said, you should get a core of schools together who are ready and approach the WAC. You guys, your in state rivals, the two Montana's, Eastern Washington, and a few others ready to make the move. Add Idaho & NMSU and you would cobble together a very respectable FBS conference.

Best of luck!

That is too forward thinking for that many AD's to accomplish...lol
01-19-2013 03:44 PM
lakesbison Offline

NDSU is often referred to s Boise state of the midwest. And yes we'd like to model a move up after you. Thanks for the words
01-19-2013 04:12 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

Lake, what board do you moderate on csn? You should tell the fcs board you're a mod here, they all might sh*t themselves.
01-19-2013 05:17 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

Lake, bring the other NDSU guys here, Fargo has been a member here for a while. I'd like to hear what they have to stay on FCS vs. MAC vs. MWC vs WAC and if they were able to convince you and 6 others to join them.
01-19-2013 05:44 PM
lakesbison Offline

I can make it all happen
01-19-2013 07:17 PM
Advertisement

Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

(01-19-2013 07:17 PM)lakesbison Wrote:  I can make it all happen

We could use traffic, I like how the Texas St. guy posts their resume. Plus you can brag about all the B1G schools you beat, your bball team is in 1st again in the Summit.
01-19-2013 10:01 PM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
Please no.
01-19-2013 10:52 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

(01-19-2013 10:52 PM)SteveAztec Wrote:  Please no.

Well for some reason you creep out the SDSU fans and they won't post here. You have any ideas to reel them back in?
01-20-2013 04:04 AM
SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(01-20-2013 04:04 AM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  

Well for some reason you creep out the SDSU fans and they won't post here. You have any ideas to reel them back in?

No I don't.

Here is how I look at it. That is their problem, not mine. That is an effort by a group of people they don't like some of my takes on Aztec sports. You are not losing anything by that group not posting. That being the group I call "Lord Of The Flies".

I just post as I always have for 15 years on mulitple boards. As you saw on the Big East board there were no problems there the entire time I was on it.

I would say let the people who want to post here post. If some Aztec fans don't want to join, you are probably better off for that.

If you just keep the people here that want to post and keep the topic on sports instead of personal attacks, the board will be ok and better for it.

PS. The next time someone tells you that I "creep" them out...Please ask them why and see if they can come up with an answer. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 09:01 PM by SteveAztec.)
01-20-2013 12:57 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

(01-20-2013 12:57 PM)SteveAztec Wrote:  

No I don't.

Here is how I look at it. That is their problem, not mine. That is an effort by a group of people they don't like some of my takes on Aztec sports. You are not losing anything by that group not posting.

I just post as I always have for 15 years on mulitple boards. As you saw on the Big East board there were no problems there the entire time I was on it.

I would say let the people who want to post here post. If some Aztec fans don't want to join, you are probably better off for that.

If you just keep the people here that want to post and keep the topic on sports instead of personal attacks, the board will be ok and better for it.

PS. The next time someone tells you that I "creep" them out...Please ask them why and see if they can come up with an answer. 04-cheers
I wouldn't respect K5's answer so I don't ask him. I think it's because you don't openly hate Fresno, plus are bff's w/ Sergio. Also rumors you are him for some odd reason.
01-20-2013 02:22 PM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(01-20-2013 02:22 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 12:57 PM)SteveAztec Wrote:  

No I don't.

Here is how I look at it. That is their problem, not mine. That is an effort by a group of people they don't like some of my takes on Aztec sports. You are not losing anything by that group not posting.

I wouldn't respect K5's answer so I don't ask him. I think it's because you don't openly hate Fresno, plus are bff's w/ Sergio. Also rumors you are him for some odd reason.

No comment on K5...but you have great intuition.

The Sergio rumor has been going around (started by the gang I am talking about) for a year or so. How some came to that conclusion is beyond me. MOD's can check IP's. I welcome any MOD to check out Sergio and my IP anytime they want to put that rumor to bed.

No, it isn't because I don't hate Fresno (I actually do hate Fresno as a rival). It is because I have strong opinions and won't change my mind to agree with them. They are followers and I don't follow. I speak my mind and that makes them very mad.
01-20-2013 03:04 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Never seen so many "Moderators" post in one thread. Where are you a moderator "lakesbison" ?
I think that is a great idea for NDSU to combine with Montana and some Big Sky members, talk NMSU and Idaho into forming a new WAC or something like that conference.
The WAC asked us to go FBS with them back then and we turned them down, but if you put it together right it could work.
Got to go...something just feels "creepy" all of a sudden. Ha,ha.
01-21-2013 05:19 AM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

(01-21-2013 05:19 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Never seen so many "Moderators" post in one thread. Where are you a moderator "lakesbison" ?
I think that is a great idea for NDSU to combine with Montana and some Big Sky members, talk NMSU and Idaho into forming a new WAC or something like that conference.
The WAC asked us to go FBS with them back then and we turned them down, but if you put it together right it could work.
Got to go...something just feels "creepy" all of a sudden. Ha,ha.

App you guys were smart to turn down the WAC b/c the SBC will be calling you up soon, which you are a perfect fit for.
01-21-2013 04:47 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Maybe, but would have loved to have played some Western teams. Plus, there is talk right now that C-USA may take 3 or 4 more Sun Belt teams plus maybe ask NMSU also. If the SB gets down to 4 or 5 teams there is going to be some opposition to joining the SB.
01-22-2013 12:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.