Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another tidbit for those who think cusa will not dissolve.
Bookmark and Share
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
Another tidbit for those who think cusa will not dissolve.
Some seem to relish a thought that the remaining original cusa members will be able to divide, even if over a period of time, the exit fees, penalties, basketball credits, etc among just themselves thus benefiting from a windfall.

Those folks need to get their head out of the sand. Right now the voting members are USM, UAB, Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, and Marshall who are in a position to decide ANY matter pertaining to the league. They hold that power until 6-01-2013 at which time at least SIX, an equal number, of new members will come on board. When Tulsa, UTEP, or USM (either one or all) decide to leave or if another newbie is admitted then the scales will be tipped whereby the newbies will have the votes to do whatever THEY want. Who thinks the newbies will just decide to leave all that money on the table for just the "seniors"?
01-13-2013 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: Another tidbit for those who think cusa will not dissolve.
What????
01-13-2013 07:58 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
not even bothering going to read it since it came from EE
01-13-2013 07:58 PM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
We gonna be rich?
01-13-2013 07:59 PM
PGPirate Offline
Regulator

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-13-2013 07:58 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  not even bothering going to read it since it came from EE

Weirdly enough, LT wasn't mentioned specifically. And from what I put together, he used the term newbies in a non-derogatory manner. So maybe he is growing?
01-13-2013 08:43 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(01-13-2013 07:58 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  not even bothering going to read it since it came from EE

Ok, did a Tech supporter knock up his mother, his wife, his girlfriend or his daughter? Only other scenario that makes sense is his wife left him for a woman that is a Tech fan. The man is such a joke.
01-13-2013 08:48 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(01-13-2013 08:48 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Ok, did a Tech supporter knock up his mother, his wife, his girlfriend or his daughter? Only other scenario that makes sense is his wife left him for a woman that is a Tech fan. The man is such a joke.

maybe he wanted to go to Tech, but didn't make the grades to get in? All I know is that he's not a USM fan
01-13-2013 09:04 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Obama "CUSA" money coming our way?
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 10:02 PM by Green Menace.)
01-13-2013 10:01 PM
GrayEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
I don't even understand this thread regardless of the source.

What would either group do upon dissipation? The "seniors" play as independents? Go to the Sun Belt? Take the money and dissolve their football program?

The newbies are obviously interested in a better, stronger conference or they wouldn't be here. Taking something that they didn't earn before they contributed nothing more than an entrance fee would border on dishonesty.

The conference may not be exactly as we envisioned it but we must work together to make it as strong as it was when the defectors left. A great patriot once said, "We must all hang together or surely we will all hang separately."

No dissolution...just onward and upward.
01-13-2013 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

I Root For: AAC
(01-13-2013 07:55 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Some seem to relish a thought that the remaining original cusa members will be able to divide, even if over a period of time, the exit fees, penalties, basketball credits, etc among just themselves thus benefiting from a windfall.

Those folks need to get their head out of the sand. Right now the voting members are USM, UAB, Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, and Marshall who are in a position to decide ANY matter pertaining to the league. They hold that power until 6-01-2013 at which time at least SIX, an equal number, of new members will come on board. When Tulsa, UTEP, or USM (either one or all) decide to leave or if another newbie is admitted then the scales will be tipped whereby the newbies will have the votes to do whatever THEY want. Who thinks the newbies will just decide to leave all that money on the table for just the "seniors"?

What are you saying? That if the incumbents don't dissolve the league, then the newbies will?
He is correct though that come 6/13, the incumbent C-USA teams will not control the league past June and will be in the minority a year later (or sooner, if Tulsa leaves).
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 10:31 PM by EdisonDoyle.)
01-13-2013 10:29 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(01-13-2013 07:55 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Some seem to relish a thought that the remaining original cusa members will be able to divide, even if over a period of time, the exit fees, penalties, basketball credits, etc among just themselves thus benefiting from a windfall.

why would the new arrivals want to dissolve C-USA? why would they join something they planned to immediately dissolve? simply not joining would be the infinitely easier (not to mention less expensive) way of accomplishing the same thing.

hell, the new guys are virtually the only ones that are actually happy to be here.
01-13-2013 10:35 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-13-2013 10:35 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

why would the new arrivals want to dissolve C-USA? why would they join something they planned to immediately dissolve? simply not joining would be the infinitely easier (not to mention less expensive) way of accomplishing the same thing.

hell, the new guys are virtually the only ones that are actually happy to be here.

Exactly. That move makes no sense. Why would they dissolve the league? However, if the leagues treasury is adequate, and if the newbies have full voting rights, I could see where they might use their voting majority to consider--

1). Possibly reducing the remaining balance on thier own entry fees

2). Increasing their share of conference earnings to a full share rather than the graduated partial share plan that new schools operate under (if that's still done, it may have been eliminated).

Not saying they would, but making moves like these would seem far more likely than dissolving the league. The new schools gain nothing from dissolution.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 02:41 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-14-2013 02:40 AM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-13-2013 09:04 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

maybe he wanted to go to Tech, but didn't make the grades to get in? All I know is that he's not a USM fan

You and Usmbacker should put me on your ignore list.
01-14-2013 09:51 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Tell me CUSA is going to 16 or 18 to set the stage for an east-west split in 2019 and I'll say, "That's plausible".

Tell me USM is unhappy and secretly talking to a group of schools about replaying WAC16 => MWC and I'll say "That's plausible".

I don't see where there is a significant play in dissolving the league.
01-14-2013 10:31 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

So would it take 3/6 votes to dissolve, or more than that?

I can see Tulsa, USM and UTEP voting yes if they have firm offers elsewhere.
01-14-2013 10:33 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(01-14-2013 09:51 AM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 09:04 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

You and Usmbacker should put me on your ignore list.

(01-14-2013 10:31 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Tell me CUSA is going to 16 or 18 to set the stage for an east-west split in 2019 and I'll say, "That's plausible".

Tell me USM is unhappy and secretly talking to a group of schools about replaying WAC16 => MWC and I'll say "That's plausible".

I don't know about that second scenario. Sure, USM fans are embarrassed about all the expansion... I'd be all for a whittled-down reconstituted version of CUSA (maybe including Tech). But how does our administration feel? They basically hand-picked at least one of the expansion teams to save money. I'm thinking they're just fine with everything that's happened and are confidently heading home at 4:15PM every day.
01-14-2013 10:43 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
(01-14-2013 10:31 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Tell me CUSA is going to 16 or 18 to set the stage for an east-west split in 2019 and I'll say, "That's plausible".

USM is not leaving CUSA. You can bet the house on that.
01-14-2013 06:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.