Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

James White
Bookmark and Share
natibcats22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
James White
James White is starting tonight for the Knicks!

01-11-2013 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
RE: James White
Holy crap. I watch so little nba had no idea he was still in the league

01-11-2013 08:33 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
James White brings bad memories for me....I think of him, Jihad, and that group which makes me think of:

1. Huggs/AK drama
2. Not having those guys in the NIT because they stopped going to class like morons.
3. Getting HOSED by the NCAA for a tourney bid

just aweful all the way around

01-11-2013 09:09 PM
natibcats22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-11-2013 08:33 PM)Murph29 Wrote:  Holy crap. I watch so little nba had no idea he was still in the league

Yeah I don't watch the NBA either. I just happened to turn on the tv and bam James White is starting lol. I was surprised he was still in the league too.

01-11-2013 09:11 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
He played 4 minutes in the 1st half and J.R. Smith played the other 20.

01-11-2013 09:22 PM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Yes, I just realized the other day he was on the Knicks. He walked in front of the camera when it was announced that Stodomaire was returning. I always liked the way White played.

01-12-2013 09:37 AM
Advertisement

namrag Online
All American

I Root For:
Everyone on here wants to criticize Mick for talking up players who then don't end up being the game changers they were billed to be. To me, James White was the most overbilled player since I have been following UC (1988).
He was a good player, but certainly not a Ruben Patterson-type transfer. I remember people selling their tickets to his first game on eBay, etc., against a scrub team, he was supposed to be THAT tremendous. He was never the slasher driver that Ruben was, never had a great outside shot.
Again, a very solid player, but not a great player for us.

01-12-2013 09:17 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
I though he had a good senior campaign, minus that BS at the end. He was just never strong enough to be a consistent scorer. When Armein went down that really hurt us that year- as silly as that sounds.

01-12-2013 11:09 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Never will forget the game when Armein went down. He was lighting up UConn in Storrs, that was a really good UConn team too...the one that was upset by George Mason.

01-12-2013 11:13 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-12-2013 11:13 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  Never will forget the game when Armein went down. He was lighting up UConn in Storrs, that was a really good UConn team too...the one that was upset by George Mason.

I was at that game. It sucked. It was in Hartford.

01-12-2013 11:19 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-12-2013 11:13 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  Never will forget the game when Armein went down. He was lighting up UConn in Storrs, that was a really good UConn team too...the one that was upset by George Mason.

That UC team had absolutely no depth, and Kirkland was basically playing every single position as others rested. He was having easily his best year as a Bearcat even when he was not scoring. That injury was devastating to that UC team, which struggled for the next 5 or 6 games and by the time they recovered the committee overvalued those initial games instead of the entire body of work which was easily NCAA worthy. (compared favorably to some of the 7 seeds that year, actually). UC not making the tournament that year was ridiculous.

01-13-2013 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(01-13-2013 11:55 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

That UC team had absolutely no depth, and Kirkland was basically playing every single position as others rested. He was having easily his best year as a Bearcat even when he was not scoring. That injury was devastating to that UC team, which struggled for the next 5 or 6 games and by the time they recovered the committee overvalued those initial games instead of the entire body of work which was easily NCAA worthy. (compared favorably to some of the 7 seeds that year, actually). UC not making the tournament that year was ridiculous.

Mark, whenever I think about that snub, sometimes I wonder if UC's administration knew in advance that White and Jihad would become ineligible, and the NCAA snubbed UC on that basis.

To me, that is just about the only way UC not getting picked would make sense.

01-13-2013 12:08 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(01-13-2013 12:08 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 11:55 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Mark, whenever I think about that snub, sometimes I wonder if UC's administration knew in advance that White and Jihad would become ineligible, and the NCAA snubbed UC on that basis.

My take has always been that the UC administration wanted everything associated with BH to be gone - including AK. The thought of UC extending the season and mounting further pressure to keep AK was distasteful to the powers in Clifton, so they quietly released the attendance issues with James and Jihad knowing it would effectively end the season. The NCAA said 'no' and the NIT was 'one and done'.

01-13-2013 01:18 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I hate thinking about the Huggins out/AK in time...what a dark time for UC hoops. Just horrid thoughts.

thank goodness Cronin has brought us out of that dark period

01-13-2013 05:34 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

James White will be in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest. For your viewing pleasure:

02-07-2013 07:13 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

BTW these are the best red jersey's ever made...

02-07-2013 07:17 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-07-2013 07:17 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  BTW these are the best red jersey's ever made...

I still rock my red Kenny Satterfield jumpman jersey from 2002. They are awesome.

02-07-2013 07:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(01-13-2013 12:08 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Mark, whenever I think about that snub, sometimes I wonder if UC's administration knew in advance that White and Jihad would become ineligible, and the NCAA snubbed UC on that basis.

I punched a wall when they were screwed out of an NCAA bid. It was mind-boggling.

02-07-2013 08:12 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats

02-08-2013 10:02 AM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(02-07-2013 08:12 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 12:08 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Mark, whenever I think about that snub, sometimes I wonder if UC's administration knew in advance that White and Jihad would become ineligible, and the NCAA snubbed UC on that basis.

I punched a wall when they were screwed out of an NCAA bid. It was mind-boggling.

I think I read somewhere where the two teams that got in ahead of them (Utah St. and Air Force) both had their AD's on the selection committee.

02-08-2013 10:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.