Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Syracuse fanboy message board stuff
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
Syracuse fanboy message board stuff
There have been a bunch of threads posted on the regular board based on what comes from the syracuse fanboy page. I ask what from the Syracuse board has come to be true.

Markymark has been the biggest promoter, but Orange Eagles has joined the crusade.

What has the Syracuse board posted that has been true?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:01 AM by catdaddy_2402.)
01-11-2013 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline

RE: Syracuse fanboy message board stuff
(01-11-2013 12:51 AM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  There have been a bunch of threads posted on the regular board based on what comes from the syracuse fanboy page. I ask what from the Syracuse board has come to be true.

Markymark has been the biggest promoter, but Orange Eagles has joined the crusade.

What has the Syracuse board posted that has been true?

Don't want this to go away.
01-11-2013 01:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
Bump for Catdaddy. Thanks for using the smack board for this. That's what it's here for.
01-11-2013 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
catdaddy_2402 Offline

Two days and nothing?

Telling.
01-13-2013 11:25 AM
Advertisement

Chris02M Offline
1st String

I Root For: syracuse
actuslly most of us dont look at the smack board as often as regular board.

notre dame joining the acc in non football/with 5 games was from syracuse board
01-13-2013 11:39 AM
catdaddy_2402 Offline

(01-13-2013 11:39 AM)Chris02M Wrote:  actuslly most of us dont look at the smack board as often as regular board.

notre dame joining the acc in non football/with 5 games was from syracuse board

link?
01-13-2013 11:43 AM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

check the archives you have nothing better to do
01-13-2013 11:50 AM
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline

I have no desire to reestablish any amount legitimacy to the Syracuse message board around here. Thus far the level of misinformation that comes from there is significant enough that the folks at Pack Pride are working overtime of creating false rumors so that they can maintain their title of most irrational message board in the ACC.
01-13-2013 12:02 PM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

if you go to the syracusefan.com message board they(mainly the source) have acc/nd talking about partial membership as far back as right after syracuse/pitt officially got out for the 2013 season(july) when most thought the meeting between acc and nd was just about orange bowl when it wasnt just that
01-13-2013 12:15 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

(01-13-2013 12:02 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  I have no desire to reestablish any amount legitimacy to the Syracuse message board around here. Thus far the level of misinformation that comes from there is significant enough that the folks at Pack Pride are working overtime of creating false rumors so that they can maintain their title of most irrational message board in the ACC.

It's not nearly as bad as half of the nonsense posted about on the CR forum. I think you blow the disreputability of posters from this Syracuse board out of proportion.
01-13-2013 12:16 PM
Advertisement

catdaddy_2402 Offline

(01-13-2013 12:16 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 12:02 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  I have no desire to reestablish any amount legitimacy to the Syracuse message board around here. Thus far the level of misinformation that comes from there is significant enough that the folks at Pack Pride are working overtime of creating false rumors so that they can maintain their title of most irrational message board in the ACC.

It's not nearly as bad as half of the nonsense posted about on the CR forum. I think you blow the disreputability of posters from this Syracuse board out of proportion.

I don't think so.

First it was posted as "from a source in the know" from the Syracuse board that the ACC was going to get a TV contract right up there with the other four power conferences, we know that didn't happen.

Then it was posted that Clemson was having trouble with freshman QC Chad Kelly, from a "source" on the Syracuse message board who claimed his nephew was a four star walk-on QB. The only walk-on QB we have that was even rated by any recruiting service is Nick Schuessler, and he was a unanimous 2 star recruit coming out of high school.

Then it was posted by the "mole on the Syracuse board" that the ACC was going to make more money off the Orange Bowl than the SEC and Big XII were going to make off the Champions/Sugar because we held all the rights and that there wouldn't be an equal payout. Again, we know that didn't happen.

Now the Syracuse folks are on here making claims that we are going to make a secret windfall on the Orange Bowl and we are expected to take it as the gospel?

I think the prudent thing is to look at the whole picture and see that the majority of the information posted from "inside sources" and/or "moles" from the Syracuse message board is typically a pile of BS, and should be treated as such.
01-13-2013 12:49 PM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

(01-13-2013 12:49 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(01-13-2013 12:16 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  

I don't think so.

First it was posted as "from a source in the know" from the Syracuse board that the ACC was going to get a TV contract right up there with the other four power conferences, we know that didn't happen.

Then it was posted that Clemson was having trouble with freshman QC Chad Kelly, from a "source" on the Syracuse message board who claimed his nephew was a four star walk-on QB. The only walk-on QB we have that was even rated by any recruiting service is Nick Schuessler, and he was a unanimous 2 star recruit coming out of high school.

Then it was posted by the "mole on the Syracuse board" that the ACC was going to make more money off the Orange Bowl than the SEC and Big XII were going to make off the Champions/Sugar because we held all the rights and that there wouldn't be an equal payout. Again, we know that didn't happen.

Now the Syracuse folks are on here making claims that we are going to make a secret windfall on the Orange Bowl and we are expected to take it as the gospel?

I think the prudent thing is to look at the whole picture and see that the majority of the information posted from "inside sources" and/or "moles" from the Syracuse message board is typically a pile of BS, and should be treated as such.

it is right up there after nd/louisville moves.

I have no idea on this as ive never seen this talked about on here

that was always to good to be true but most syracuse fans didnt think we would get 80mil/yr for orange bowl most thought 60-65mil/yr which it probably would of been if big 12 /pac didnt complain about secondary tie ins for big ten/sec by saying we need to increase the value of access bowls to maximiize $$.

this won i havent been able to get my head around as you would think if we were getting the full orange bowl payout when it hosts semi then b1G/PAC12/B12/SEC would be doing the same in there bowl so maybe we arent getting full orange bowl payout when it hosts semi but we are getting 40mil just like the other bowls

I think the prudent thing is to look at the whole picture and see that the majority of the information posted from "inside sources" and/or "moles" from the Syracuse message board is typically a pile of BS, and should be treated as such

its been slightly optumistic with regards to new playoff system but the jist of the info has been accurate
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 02:02 PM by Chris02M.)
01-13-2013 02:00 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

You know what, you've made a good case. I'm convinced.
01-13-2013 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.