Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2nd OOC Game confirmed between Texas State and Southern Miss in 2015
Bookmark and Share
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
2nd OOC Game confirmed between Texas State and Southern Miss in 2015
It's already reported that we will be USM's home opener on 8/31/13 and now looks to be confirmed that they'll be making a trip west to San Marvelous come 9/19/15. With all the conference shifting it's nice to finally see some confirmed home games in our beautiful stadium; especially against more well known programs. We're excited and look forward to having you all USM fans.
01-09-2013 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Re: 2nd OOC Game confirmed between Texas State and Southern Miss in 2015
You guys have a nice stadium after all the wirk that has been put into it.
01-09-2013 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: 2nd OOC Game confirmed between Texas State and Southern Miss in 2015
by 2015 both teams might be in the same conference anyway
01-09-2013 05:37 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Fran doesnt like us much lol should be good
01-09-2013 05:52 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I'm glad. Texas State is a team on the rise, it's a good series for football. I'm already looking forward to the games.
01-09-2013 06:29 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

if UTEP leaves CUSA for MWC, then I think Texas St would be their replacement in the West
01-09-2013 07:21 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

No offense, TSU, but giving home-and-home arrangements to schools on the fringe of FBS just shows what an amateur our AD is. Again, I mean no offense... it's a coup on your part and you should celebrate it as such.
01-09-2013 07:24 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2013 07:24 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  No offense, TSU, but giving home-and-home arrangements to schools on the fringe of FBS just shows what an amateur our AD is. Again, I mean no offense... it's a coup on your part and you should celebrate it as such.

First off the acronym for Texas State is TXST, TSU is the all black Texas Southern University in Houston. Second no offense taken, we all have to start somewhere and I think I can totally relate to the AD argument. We want ours out of there too. Sounds like we both have lazy bums in the drivers seat.
01-09-2013 07:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

I don't understand how we couldn't get TXST to be a one and done. I don't like the WKU series, but it got us a home-and-home in basketball which is a solid series so I guess thats ok.
01-09-2013 07:50 PM
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2013 07:50 PM)GCEagle Wrote:  I don't understand how we couldn't get TXST to be a one and done. I don't like the WKU series, but it got us a home-and-home in basketball which is a solid series so I guess thats ok.

You don't want the exposure to Texas recruits or more revenue?
01-09-2013 08:52 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(01-09-2013 08:52 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 07:50 PM)GCEagle Wrote:  I don't understand how we couldn't get TXST to be a one and done. I don't like the WKU series, but it got us a home-and-home in basketball which is a solid series so I guess thats ok.

You don't want the exposure to Texas recruits or more revenue?

between UTEP, Rice, UTSA, & North Texas they will have enough exposure for Texas recruits
01-09-2013 09:02 PM
Advertisement

Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
Sounds Like they Want more that's why the H / H series
01-09-2013 09:21 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(01-09-2013 07:24 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  No offense, TSU, but giving home-and-home arrangements to schools on the fringe of FBS just shows what an amateur our AD is. Again, I mean no offense... it's a coup on your part and you should celebrate it as such.

You are obviously not cognizant of the dire situation with our budget. We have to play who we can afford to play. If people would get off their asses and support Southern Miss athletics then we might have some more options for scheduling.

Just a friendly question. How much money do you donate to Southern Miss athletics? If it's less than $1000 including season ticket purchases you don't have much right to complain.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 11:08 PM by Funslinger.)
01-09-2013 11:05 PM
GCEagle Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2013 11:05 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  

You are obviously not cognizant of the dire situation with our budget. We have to play who we can afford to play. If people would get off their asses and support Southern Miss athletics then we might have some more options for scheduling.

Just a friendly question. How much money do you donate to Southern Miss athletics? If it's less than $1000 including season ticket purchases you don't have much right to complain.

Do you not understand the type of people we graduate? Most of our graduates are teachers, nurses and things like that. They aren't the kind of people that can just drop a grand on college athletics. I'm currently a student and when I graduate I will likely do the minimum $250 EC donation. Does that mean I shouldn't have a say in how things are run?
01-09-2013 11:38 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(01-09-2013 11:05 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  

I don't buy into any of that poor-mouthing. Look at the timing of the "revelations. " Look at who revealed them. Read what I just posted in another thread about revenue.

As for having a right to complain, I do. I'm an alumnus and I donate and buy tickets. I don't give as much as I used to. Last season, I bought four tickets. I always buy bowl tickets. Other seasons, I gave well over your magic number of $1000 all told... probably much more. I was high enough up in the Eagle Club to get my name in the FB program for a while.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 09:17 AM by AndreWhere.)
01-10-2013 09:17 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

the "poor mouthing" from southern miss fans has always been unseemly. but now it has become annoying. whatever our financial condition is, it isn't significantly different than it was when we were 12-2 and a FG at UAB away from the sugar bowl. so, clearly, the connection between budget and success isn't as automatic as some may think. and we did just pay a guy $2 million to work for someone else; that's not exactly something you expect out of a financially paralyzed institution.

it wasn't until 0-12 happened, and we were invisible to the entire conference realignment movement -- motivated mostly by TV markets, since the nBE is run by a former TV guy -- that we suddenly blamed all bad things that happened to us upon our finances.

however, the "how-much-do-you-donate-if-it-isn't-as-much-as-me-then-you-have-no-right-to-complain" argument is even MORE annoying. I cut my subscription to the sunshine-pumper board because that was the first hole they jumped into when you cornered them with common sense. it's just a lazy line of reasoning. first of all, it's an internet discussion forum. discussions happen here, and you just aren't required to disclose your bona fides before having an opinion. but it has also always struck me as a little retarded because the people that truly have pull with the AD don't do it on cusabbs. they call the guy. that's just the way the world works.

jus' sayin'
01-10-2013 09:57 AM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I'll add to what I wrote above:

Is playing at TSU really going to help us financially?

Or has Jeff Hammond succeeded in his political goal, i.e. to manufacture a crisis that will allow him to do whatever he wants?

If he schedules a game at Jackson State, will the response to critics be "but Gen. Hammond says we're broke"?

Texas State isn't JSU... but they are a hell of a lot closer than the team's I'm accustomed to playing on the road.

My fear is that Hammond has engineered a situation where he has carte blanche and can be blamed for nothing.

Giannini got us home games with Nebraska, A&M, Boise State, etc.

Hammond's done nothing to impress me so far. Maybe he was involved in the Tyndall hire... maybe.

As for all of that crap about money, attendance, etc. my attitude is "get us inthe best possible conference and the money will follow." How many people in MS have $50 to spend on Texas State tickets? People in MS are too football-savvy for that crap... myself included. We need to at least be in the Big East or the MWC to draw a crowd. Or, we need to schedule up (home games included) but I don't think Hammond has the connections or the credibility to do so.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:08 AM by AndreWhere.)
01-10-2013 10:04 AM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

Didn't Giannini sign deals with Western Kentucky and South Alabama?
01-10-2013 10:10 AM
Angry Eagle Offline
Water Engineer

(01-10-2013 10:04 AM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Maybe he was involved in the Tyndall hire... maybe.

Seriously? ....c'mon man
01-10-2013 10:14 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(01-10-2013 10:04 AM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Giannini got us home games with Nebraska, A&M, Boise State, etc.

He also gave us Ellis Johnson and racked up how much debt in the process?

The General is fixing what needs to be fixed. WE HAVE NO MONEY. You gotta understand this. We are going to need to play big opponents exclusively on the road for a couple years. We also can't afford to pay Texas State (and similar programs) to simply come to Hattiesburg and play a game or a series. That's just the way it is.

Looking forward to having Tx State visit Hattiesburg in August. Hope y'all bring some good fans.
01-10-2013 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.