Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Jeff Goodman - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."
Bookmark and Share
memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Jeff Goodman - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."
This is from his article online yesterday. It's such a stupid statement.

Jeff Goodman on CUSA - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."

More from Goodman: On Memphis and CUSA - Conference-USA really, really stinks. Don't buy into what Josh Pastner is selling, either. Memphis' best win is against a Tennessee team that's likely headed to the NIT, and the rest of the league has virtually no shot of getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. Marshall was supposed to be the top threat to challenge Memphis, but the Thundering Herd are 7-8 and lost to Ohio University by around 100 points. Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league.

link - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...n-unfolded
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 03:57 PM by Sundanceuiuc.)
01-09-2013 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Jeff Goodman - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."
(01-09-2013 12:42 PM)memphis mania Wrote:  Jeff Goodman on CUSA - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."

More: On Memphis and CUSA - Conference-USA really, really stinks. Don't buy into what Josh Pastner is selling, either. Memphis' best win is against a Tennessee team that's likely headed to the NIT, and the rest of the league has virtually no shot of getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. Marshall was supposed to be the top threat to challenge Memphis, but the Thundering Herd are 7-8 and lost to Ohio University by around 100 points. Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league.

Josh will learn that you don't argue with the man who holds the pen or the Mic...You can't win they have a larger audience.
01-09-2013 12:45 PM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
RE: Jeff Goodman - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."
I guess he's talking about no bids outside of the auto-bid? It is a weird statement.
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
And we were told that he only disliked Memphis because of Coach Cal?
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
He has to watch us in the NCAA, we don't have to listen to him.
01-09-2013 12:46 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
(01-09-2013 12:45 PM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  I guess he's talking about no bids outside of the auto-bid? It is a weird statement.

no, he's probably too stupid to figure that out. 03-lmfao
01-09-2013 12:46 PM
Advertisement

memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-09-2013 12:45 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 12:42 PM)memphis mania Wrote:  Jeff Goodman on CUSA - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."

More: On Memphis and CUSA - Conference-USA really, really stinks. Don't buy into what Josh Pastner is selling, either. Memphis' best win is against a Tennessee team that's likely headed to the NIT, and the rest of the league has virtually no shot of getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. Marshall was supposed to be the top threat to challenge Memphis, but the Thundering Herd are 7-8 and lost to Ohio University by around 100 points. Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league.

Josh will learn that you don't argue with the man who holds the pen or the Mic...You can't win they have a larger audience.

Cal never stopped.
01-09-2013 12:50 PM
daonepro Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
F Jeffrey Goldstein
01-09-2013 12:50 PM
Original Sabretooth Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Mempho
He simply saying no matter what Memphis does in the league, it does not merit an NCAA bid based on their out of conference résumé. Basically, if we fail to win the conference tournament, we are going to be a long shot to make the NCAA's.
01-09-2013 12:57 PM
Original Sabretooth Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Mempho
(01-09-2013 12:50 PM)memphis mania Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 12:45 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Cal never stopped.

Cal had a bigger mic.
01-09-2013 12:58 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies
I stopped reading at "Goodman."
01-09-2013 12:58 PM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(01-09-2013 12:42 PM)memphis mania Wrote:  This is from his article online yesterday. It's such a stupid statement.

Jeff Goodman on CUSA - "Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league."

More from Goodman: On Memphis and CUSA - Conference-USA really, really stinks. Don't buy into what Josh Pastner is selling, either. Memphis' best win is against a Tennessee team that's likely headed to the NIT, and the rest of the league has virtually no shot of getting an at-large berth to the NCAA tournament. Marshall was supposed to be the top threat to challenge Memphis, but the Thundering Herd are 7-8 and lost to Ohio University by around 100 points. Forget about a one-bid league; let's make this a no-bid league.

Wow... Josh must not have been returning Jeff Goodman's calls.

What's next from Goodman... Praise for Calipari?
01-09-2013 12:59 PM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
Goodman does a lot of this just to get at Gary Parrish. They have a strange bromance.
01-09-2013 01:02 PM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(01-09-2013 01:02 PM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  Goodman does a lot of this just to get at Gary Parrish. They have a strange bromance.

Pastner was to Goodman what Archie Manning was to George Lapides. Goodman was talking up Pastner before he was ever hired here by Calipari.

So why would Goodman ruin a bigger bromance with Josh just to play with Gary's head?

Used to be, Goodman would talk crap about Tigers' performance all whole exonerating Josh by saying Memphis guys aren't Josh's type of guys.

What now?
01-09-2013 01:15 PM
SayWhat? Offline
All American

I Root For: CIVILITY & UofM
So what is new? He is just another talking head with what he thinks is an important opinion. If we win out and get a good seed he will say we don't deserve it. Then if we win the first two games in the tournament he will say we are lucky and were done. The odds are he might finally get lucky and make a correct call. Then he will wave his flag and say "see I told you so." Should anyone really care what he or anyone thinks about the Tigers.
The more these guys bad mouth the Tigers the better it is when we prove them wrong. GTG
01-09-2013 01:16 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Someone should tell him that the winner of the conference tournament goes to the NCAA, thus one bid.

I know what he means but I can't bash him for his column so I'll get technical to try and make him look like a goof.
01-09-2013 01:35 PM
Advertisement

IRISHMO120 Offline
All American

(01-09-2013 12:42 PM)memphis mania Wrote:  This is from his article online yesterday. It's such a stupid statement.

" Memphis has 2 losses against top 10 teams and the other to a top 25.
They just took down a Tennessee Team in Knoxville that beat
Wichita State, a top 25 team. Memphis looks like the only bid from this league" is what a journalist would have written. A hack wrote what a hack writes. Oh yeah SMU is looking for a new mascot, you
wouldn't need a costume.
01-09-2013 01:36 PM
Memphomaniac Offline
1st String

I Root For: Whiskey
Well, hyperbole aside, our league is pretty much a pile of s--t.
01-09-2013 01:41 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Hey, how about that? A pile of s__t writing about a pile of s__t
01-09-2013 01:44 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
I guess that passes for funny.

Sorry Goodman...will give you no hits- on your troll.
01-09-2013 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.