Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Earl Watford To Play In East-West Shrine Game
Bookmark and Share
hburg Online

I Root For: James Madison
Earl Watford To Play In East-West Shrine Game
Congrats to Mr. Earl Watford. Hope you have much success in this game, but success in the future as a NFL player. http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...=205888288
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 09:51 AM by hburg.)
01-09-2013 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
RE: Earl Watford To Play In East-West Shrine Game
consensus AA and and NFL draftee, yet we fire his position coach.

Only in the land of MM
01-09-2013 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hburg Online

Maybe something good will come from all of the position changes. Personally, I think change is good sometimes.
01-09-2013 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Okay, I'll give this place a whirl.

Where dos the East West rate in the pantheon of the second season "scouting" bowls? I've been under the impression it's a pretty big deal really. (?)
01-09-2013 12:36 PM
Advertisement

hburg Online

(01-09-2013 12:36 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Okay, I'll give this place a whirl.

Where dos the East West rate in the pantheon of the second season "scouting" bowls? I've been under the impression it's a pretty big deal really. (?)

Not sure, but I do know it is a benefit game.

Thought this was interesting from the article
Quote:The East-West Shrine Game benefits the Shriners Hospitals for Children and is the longest-running all-star college football game since 1925. This prestigious game is a showcase for many of the top collegiate football players, many who will be in the next NFL class. Before the game, players and coaches visit the Shriners Hospital for Children in Tampa and participate in games, crafts and activities with the children. The coaches for the game are former NFL coaches who are selected because of their experiences and accomplishments in their careers. Coaching for the East is Jerry Glanville, former Atlanta Falcons head coach in the early 90's. Coaching for the West is Leeman Bennett, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach from 1985-86 seasons.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 12:40 PM by hburg.)
01-09-2013 12:39 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

Ah, thanks. I'll go back and read your link(s), missed that the first skim.

And a wha?!?! Leeman bennett sighting?!? haha who the heck is he? Tampa Bay from 85-86? Did they win a game then? That's amazing, where'd they dig him up?

And how about this for the second time I try to post-

Quote:The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy.

Really? What is this the Zone after a GMCC loss!?!?
01-09-2013 12:45 PM
hburg Online

Never experienced that before. There have been times when the board was down due to maintenance, but it was never for very long and usually overnight. The zone can be pretty bad about the errors. I think you will find that this site is a very good message board site. Yes, you have the JMU board, but you also have many other boards. People love to talk sports. Conference realignment board, the various conference boards, and of course team boards. The people from the MAC are for the most part really good people and I have always enjoyed chatting with them over on the MAC board. The CUSA board isn't bad either, but they are more prideful and so on.

Leeman Bennet-was thinking the same thing.
01-09-2013 12:54 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

It wasn't a big deal, only lasted about 10 seconds, just found it kind of funny for it being my second post. I've lurked and read around here for months iof not a couple years by now, just had NO idea about a JMU board and had no compelling reason to register.

Maybe we can get this moved to a "real" area of the active boards eventually, it's still tough for me to find it once I've wandered elsewhere for a bit.
01-09-2013 04:01 PM
hburg Online

That's the hope. The moderator, Georgia_Tech Swagger stated if we are able to get this board active he will move it to the active boards.
01-09-2013 04:15 PM
Dukes09 Offline
1st String

people i've seen over here so far, jmufan (hburg), jmu2004, dignan, jmu_degenerate, jmu08, and maybe 2-3 other people that are very rare but i've seen before. we may hit the 10 fans mark soon haha. some people on the caazone won't leave until forced to, aka no one uses it anymore.

oooo and of course, dunk.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 04:18 PM by Dukes09.)
01-09-2013 04:18 PM
Advertisement

hburg Online

(01-09-2013 04:18 PM)Dukes09 Wrote:  people i've seen over here so far, jmufan (hburg), jmu2004, dignan, jmu_degenerate, jmu08, and maybe 2-3 other people that are very rare but i've seen before. we may hit the 10 fans mark soon haha. some people on the caazone won't leave until forced to, aka no one uses it anymore.

I wonder what happened to JMU Duke Dog?
01-09-2013 04:26 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(01-09-2013 04:26 PM)jmufan Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 04:18 PM)Dukes09 Wrote:  people i've seen over here so far, jmufan (hburg), jmu2004, dignan, jmu_degenerate, jmu08, and maybe 2-3 other people that are very rare but i've seen before. we may hit the 10 fans mark soon haha. some people on the caazone won't leave until forced to, aka no one uses it anymore.

If ti's the same JMU Duke Dog he was a semi-regular on the Zone also and kind of disappeared.

My hope would be that perhaps this can be a place a little different in tone and topic than what the Zone has devolved into. More actual sports conversations, less of the ancillary stuff that makes the Zone a bore and a chore often times these days.

I have no issue with discussing our teams and coaches and wins, losses achievements and shortcomings. I recoil at the personal attacks on the coaches and the unsubstantiated posts about their off the field behavior or lifestyle. Conference realignment also, while supremely important, has become such a "we'll never do it, cause we suck", the JMU Administration hates JMU and all it's alums", blah blah blah crap that it's no longer even readable at times.

I don't consider myself a rose colored glasses kool aid drinker, but I also know that JMU has a TON to offer our students and student athletes and perhaps, on occasion some of that should be celebrated as well as the endless moaning.

How do we get Ga Tech Swag to confer with us before approving additional posters... ? 03-lmfao
01-09-2013 04:45 PM
hburg Online

(01-09-2013 04:45 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 04:26 PM)jmufan Wrote:  

If ti's the same JMU Duke Dog he was a semi-regular on the Zone also and kind of disappeared.

My hope would be that perhaps this can be a place a little different in tone and topic than what the Zone has devolved into. More actual sports conversations, less of the ancillary stuff that makes the Zone a bore and a chore often times these days.

I have no issue with discussing our teams and coaches and wins, losses achievements and shortcomings. I recoil at the personal attacks on the coaches and the unsubstantiated posts about their off the field behavior or lifestyle. Conference realignment also, while supremely important, has become such a "we'll never do it, cause we suck", the JMU Administration hates JMU and all it's alums", blah blah blah crap that it's no longer even readable at times.

I don't consider myself a rose colored glasses kool aid drinker, but I also know that JMU has a TON to offer our students and student athletes and perhaps, on occasion some of that should be celebrated as well as the endless moaning.

How do we get Ga Tech Swag to confer with us before approving additional posters... ? 03-lmfao

That is the one thing I do not like is the personal attacks that have become so mainstream on the Zone (not as much as they use to be). I have asked those who are moderators on the zone to come on over, but I guess they haven't yet or will. To be a moderator, you just have to put your name out there and it would be voted on in public. I am not sure if we have enough people yet to be able to get a board moderator yet.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 05:01 PM by hburg.)
01-09-2013 04:51 PM
Dukes09 Offline
1st String

i'm okay with this trying to be a more mature board and i also get tired of the same songs every day. times have been tough for dukes fans the last 2-4 years (outside of the stadium expansion), but we really do need to find other things to talk about.
I hold out hope that our administration won't settle for mediocrity, and i'm trying to not say anything if I feel inclined to complain about them. I don't really partake in the personal attacks, at least I don't think I do. It's stupid and pointless.

I think with a group of moderators willing to cut down the crap, we can get a better tone going on jmu boards. Good news for our athletics will also help with a positive tone too...
01-09-2013 05:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.