Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Gray uniforms
Bookmark and Share
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Gray uniforms
I saw K State wearing these the other day and I though about GA.

[Image: GrayUnis2.jpg]
01-07-2013 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Gray uniforms
The home grays we wore against UMass were amazing. I would love to see us wear those uniforms (with only one shade of gray) against a couple of our crappier home opponents. I don't want to see gray at home against anyone good (not much danger of playing anyone good), or any form of gray or black on the road.
01-07-2013 10:25 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

Gray home uniforms. Blue away uniforms.
#commonsense
01-07-2013 10:52 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
No chance.

#bob

#winn
01-07-2013 11:53 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-07-2013 11:53 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  No chance.

#bob

#winn

so you are saying that one man (boob winn) is the reason we dont and wont wear grey? cause it would seem that most people want us to wear grey.
01-07-2013 12:00 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2013 12:00 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

#bob

#winn

so you are saying that one man (boob winn) is the reason we dont and wont wear grey? cause it would seem that most people want us to wear grey.

Bob Win has nothing to do with the colors that our basketball coach chooses to wear
01-07-2013 12:02 PM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(01-07-2013 12:02 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

#bob

#winn

Bob Win has nothing to do with the colors that our basketball coach chooses to wear

maybe you are right, however, i asked Josh if we could wear grey some, not to take over our home white but just to have another choice........and he said it wasnt up to him and for me to contact the administration. i havent done so yet but i think i am.
01-07-2013 12:05 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

The K-State grays look pretty good. Our 'Keith Lee' model grays were very appealing. However the 'Tyreke Evans' year two tone (very dark gray on back half) grays were hideous. All we were missing was Rollerball style numbers on those.
01-07-2013 12:11 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(01-07-2013 12:02 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

#bob

#winn

So who then?
01-07-2013 12:22 PM
TigerBabbler Offline
All American

I Root For:
The two tone white front and gray back were nice though....They wore them first game against UMass...they were nice.
01-07-2013 11:57 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
While watching the game agin' the viles, I wished we had been in old style darker gray instead of the kensucky-looking blue, just for the fact that it would have been unique in there. They probably won't have gray-clad opponents, but will have blue.
01-08-2013 12:30 AM
Advertisement

Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(01-07-2013 10:05 AM)3601 Wrote:  I saw K State wearing these the other day and I though about GA.

WRONG shade! Where's GA to straighten you out? 05-mafia
01-08-2013 12:31 AM
Harry J Offline
Fan of the spoarts

(01-08-2013 12:31 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  
(01-07-2013 10:05 AM)3601 Wrote:  I saw K State wearing these the other day and I though about GA.

WRONG shade! Where's GA to straighten you out? 05-mafia

Posting under another alias.
01-08-2013 01:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

Crickets
01-08-2013 08:51 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(01-07-2013 12:02 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  Bob Win has nothing to do with the colors that our basketball coach chooses to wear

That isn't what Josh Pastner told me. In fact, during an e-mail exchange last Spring on the very subject of uniform colors, Josh courteously told me that the colors were out of his hands and that I should contact BOB WINN. Of course, he had no idea that I had already been begging Bob to correct the current colors fiasco for years (to no avail). If you don't believe me, ask Josh yourself. Heck, I may even still have a copy of his e-mail saved.

Five facts:

(1) Bob Winn is in charge of the CLC specification sheet which is supposedly given to suppliers

(2) Unless it has been revised since I last saw it, the CLC sheet states that our school colors are "Royal blue PMS 280" ("Dark blue" of "Dark Royal" would be less confusing"), and black with gray being listed as an "alternate color"!

(3) The contract with Nike clearly provides for annual meetings between the university and Nike for design adjustments. Obviously, contrary to what Bob told me, Nike would not mind making changes.

(4) Bob once confided to a friend of mine years ago that he was personally "tired of gray". I have noticed him wearing "Calipari blue" & black shirts at informal university functions.

(5) Gray is just as much a school color as blue is, but it is usually hard to tell by what is worn and sold. Medium gray (not dirty white/light gray or silver) is truly beautiful and for the last few years extremely popular, being worn by many schools which do not have a claim to it like we do.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 01:27 PM by Gray Avenger.)
01-08-2013 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Halfcourt Offline
Rec League All-Star

I could dig the gray unis. Make it happen.
01-08-2013 01:13 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

We wore Gray a few years ago .. Bob had the same job then ... If Josh wanted to wear Gray uniforms we would wear Grey Uniforms ... I am not saying he is against it ... but HE did say NO to black uniforms and I dont think he checked with Bob before he said so...
01-08-2013 02:07 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2013 09:35 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(01-07-2013 12:02 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  Bob Win has nothing to do with the colors that our basketball coach chooses to wear

That isn't what Josh Pastner told me. In fact, during an e-mail exchange last Spring on the very subject of uniform colors, Josh courteously told me that the colors were out of his hands and that I should contact BOB WINN. Of course, he had no idea that I had already been begging Bob to correct the current colors fiasco for years (to no avail). If you don't believe me, ask Josh yourself. Heck, I may even still have a copy of his e-mail saved.

Five facts:

(3) The contract with Nike clearly provides for annual meetings between the university and Nike for design adjustments. Obviously, contrary to what Bob told me, Nike would not mind making changes.

there is a huge difference between saying that Bob is not pushing Gray as you would prefer..... and saying that he has a vendetta against Gray and is using his power to prevent us from wearing Gray ..
01-08-2013 02:09 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(01-08-2013 02:07 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  We wore Gray a few years ago .. Bob had the same job then ... If Josh wanted to wear Gray uniforms we would wear Grey Uniforms ... I am not saying he is against it ... but HE did say NO to black uniforms and I dont think he checked with Bob before he said so...

You missed my point. You said "Bob Win has nothing to do with the colors that our basketball coach chooses to wear". My e-mail to Josh was more concerned with changing "Calipari blue" to a darker shade (although gray was mentioned). Bob DOES have a LOT to do with our colors - that is my point. According to Josh, he cannot choose to wear a darker blue. It is also rather evident that Bob prefers Calipari blue and black to the dark blue and medium gray specified in our brand standard. Why else would he refer to gray as an "alternate color" on the CLC sheet? The purpose of the standard is a stronger, more effective brand image for the university. It is long past time to lay aside personal preferences and abide by our own standard which was recommended by two professional design firms and officially adopted by UofM administrators. This would seem to be a no-brainer except for there are several who obviously cannot understand.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 03:43 PM by Gray Avenger.)
01-08-2013 03:37 PM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

[Image: b5logo_t607.jpeg]
01-08-2013 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.