Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Orange Bowl Replay Observation
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Saw bits and pieces....

I think Lynch did have some time. Some was line playing better than I thought, some was their ability to rush only 4.

No straight ahead RB was an issue.

Lynch is not a true pocket QB and FSU's DB were pretty good in coverage which took away his scrambling ability to look up and find an open receiver.

That non-call on the pass interference in the endzone was brutal. The non-reversal on the fumble was worse. A complete joke. Even the announcers said it was going to come back.

I think NIU just didn't make enough plays. They need to play flawless to have a chance. They didn't play that well either. Their speed and size took over, mainly with a big lead. A close game, their QB would have mad mistakes and I think had it been close late, they were ready to choke under the pressure.

And not saying NIU is always innocent (no team is) that team played like thugs and wanted to intimidate all they could. It didn't work. However their coach is the same way, just like Saban, Miles, etc. and they play the refs from the coin toss. To me, it usually works and may have Tuesday.

And I will eat crow. The uniforms didn't look bad. I thought the numbers were going to look horrible. They looked ok, even on a pc.

03-shhhh

GO HUSKIES, beat IOWA!!!
01-05-2013 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Orange Bowl Replay Observation
All valid points in my opinion
01-05-2013 12:08 PM
HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(01-05-2013 10:21 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Saw bits and pieces....

I think Lynch did have some time. Some was line playing better than I thought, some was their ability to rush only 4.

No straight ahead RB was an issue.

Lynch is not a true pocket QB and FSU's DB were pretty good in coverage which took away his scrambling ability to look up and find an open receiver.

That non-call on the pass interference in the endzone was brutal. The non-reversal on the fumble was worse. A complete joke. Even the announcers said it was going to come back.

I think NIU just didn't make enough plays. They need to play flawless to have a chance. They didn't play that well either. Their speed and size took over, mainly with a big lead. A close game, their QB would have mad mistakes and I think had it been close late, they were ready to choke under the pressure.

And not saying NIU is always innocent (no team is) that team played like thugs and wanted to intimidate all they could. It didn't work. However their coach is the same way, just like Saban, Miles, etc. and they play the refs from the coin toss. To me, it usually works and may have Tuesday.

And I will eat crow. The uniforms didn't look bad. I thought the numbers were going to look horrible. They looked ok, even on a pc.

03-shhhh

GO HUSKIES, beat IOWA!!!

I think he can be good in the pocket, but sometimes looks to nervous. It's one thing I think he will be better at next season.
01-05-2013 12:38 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I agree that Lynch could use lots of improvement in the pocket. He gets scare too easily and will start running around without looking down field. There would be times when all he needed to do was take a step up and make a throw, but instead ran backwards of to his left. If he improves on this during the offseason, watch out.
01-05-2013 02:11 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(01-05-2013 02:11 PM)timxlydon Wrote:  I agree that Lynch could use lots of improvement in the pocket. He gets scare too easily and will start running around without looking down field. There would be times when all he needed to do was take a step up and make a throw, but instead ran backwards of to his left. If he improves on this during the offseason, watch out.

It's hard to remember that Lynch was a newbie this year because he got us so far. I think he'll continue to grow and get better. I'm looking forward to next season.
01-05-2013 02:26 PM
goniu1523 Offline
1st String

(01-05-2013 02:11 PM)timxlydon Wrote:  I agree that Lynch could use lots of improvement in the pocket. He gets scare too easily and will start running around without looking down field. There would be times when all he needed to do was take a step up and make a throw, but instead ran backwards of to his left. If he improves on this during the offseason, watch out.

+1. Did anyone like the skip Tommylee Lewis did in the 2nd qtr near the sidelines. I know it sounds stupid, but watching it back it was pretty cool.
01-05-2013 02:31 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-05-2013 02:31 PM)goniu1523 Wrote:  

+1. Did anyone like the skip Tommylee Lewis did in the 2nd qtr near the sidelines. I know it sounds stupid, but watching it back it was pretty cool.

Ha Ha, somebody at work asked me about that - I didn't even know he'd watched the game. He wanted to know if he always does that.

I thought it was cool.
01-05-2013 02:38 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

When he did that Tessitore was like that's just to show he has speed too FSU, thought it was great.
01-05-2013 04:32 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2013 02:31 PM)goniu1523 Wrote:  

Forgot about that...Loved him showin' his stuff in his home state.

TLL is as tough as anybody pound for pound....Unfortunately, I think he's only a buck-fifty.
01-05-2013 05:20 PM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Watching the game in person gave me a real appreciation for FSU's incredible team speed. Watching the replay on TV I saw just how huge they are. Where do they find those freaks? Good Lord.
01-05-2013 07:51 PM
Wolfe23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: HUSKIES
I wanted to make an observation about Martel Moore. First, I want to say that I enjoyed watching this kid play from day 1. He's made some big time catches during his time as a Huskie. However, I was very disappointed in his attitude. I did not like the fact that when Lynch was off on a throw, you would see Moore just walking back to the huddle visibly upset shaking his head. I know Lynch was off all night and missed Moore on several occasions. But still, being a senior, he should not have acted that way.

Lynch is actually like a freshman as far as experience goes. It's no secret his accuracy isn't the best. I would have liked to see Moore be more supportive to Lynch, especially in the beginning of the game when Lynch missed him wide open down the field. Acting the way he did was not the best thing to do in that situation. Now I don't know what happened on the sidelines, but from everything I've seen from the game, Moore's attitude didn't reflect what senior leadership is all about.
01-05-2013 10:19 PM
Advertisement

NIUslumo Offline
1st String

(01-05-2013 10:19 PM)Wolfe23 Wrote:  I wanted to make an observation about Martel Moore. First, I want to say that I enjoyed watching this kid play from day 1. He's made some big time catches during his time as a Huskie. However, I was very disappointed in his attitude. I did not like the fact that when Lynch was off on a throw, you would see Moore just walking back to the huddle visibly upset shaking his head. I know Lynch was off all night and missed Moore on several occasions. But still, being a senior, he should not have acted that way.

Lynch is actually like a freshman as far as experience goes. It's no secret his accuracy isn't the best. I would have liked to see Moore be more supportive to Lynch, especially in the beginning of the game when Lynch missed him wide open down the field. Acting the way he did was not the best thing to do in that situation. Now I don't know what happened on the sidelines, but from everything I've seen from the game, Moore's attitude didn't reflect what senior leadership is all about.

I don't know I mean yeah he wore his frustrations on his sleeve, but it's not like he was TO or someone showing up the QB yelling at them. I didn't have a huge problem with it. It happens all the time on every level. Not that I'm in his head, but I'm sure his intentions were that he just wanted to win more than anything, and it was frustrating for the few times where a play could be made it wasn't made.

To be honest, it was one of Moore's weaker games. I know Lynch didn't hit him often, but some of those errant throws still could've been caught.
01-05-2013 10:27 PM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
What about Coach Carey's inability to calm Lynch, make adjustments and inability to put on a great stage presence for NIU infront of a national audience.
Louisville had their coach and look at the difference it made. Wish we could have paid hin a $250 000 BCS bonus instead of $100 000 and he might have stayed onto coach the big game!
01-06-2013 01:46 AM
cosine4 Offline
2nd String

(01-06-2013 01:46 AM)sterling1man Wrote:  What about Coach Carey's inability to calm Lynch, make adjustments and inability to put on a great stage presence for NIU infront of a national audience.
Louisville had their coach and look at the difference it made. Wish we could have paid hin a $250 000 BCS bonus instead of $100 000 and he might have stayed onto coach the big game!

I think the big thing making Lynch nervous was that there was nowhere to throw the ball safely. While the line was protecting well and giving him time, there weren't those holes that he has been so good at sliding through when time runs out. The only thing I can fault Carey for is some poor play calling. But let's face it, this was his first game as head coach with more things to think about than just the offense. Plus playing the best defense in the country, it's pretty tough to find plays that do work.
01-06-2013 07:57 AM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

After getting experience from playing the #3 defense in the country, next year's schedule will look like a breeze. As long as we don't play down to the competition, we will be fine. Beat Iowa!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 08:42 AM by NIUAlum90.)
01-06-2013 08:41 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

And when there were open receivers he missed more time thatn not. MM wide open in endzone, Lynch makes that throw 8 out of 10 times.. chalk it up to a bad game for Lynch..it happens.
01-06-2013 08:43 AM
Advertisement

ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
BobL- I think you are correct, Lynch had a tough game and it happens. I just wish the receivers would have made a few athletic, tough catches early as I think it may have settled him down and gained his confidence. They needed to pick him up.
01-06-2013 09:19 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2013 09:19 AM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  BobL- I think you are correct, Lynch had a tough game and it happens. I just wish the receivers would have made a few athletic, tough catches early as I think it may have settled him down and gained his confidence. They needed to pick him up.

Agree completely.
01-06-2013 09:47 AM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(01-06-2013 09:19 AM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  BobL- I think you are correct, Lynch had a tough game and it happens. I just wish the receivers would have made a few athletic, tough catches early as I think it may have settled him down and gained his confidence. They needed to pick him up.

03-thumbsup
01-06-2013 12:19 PM
HuskiePride12 Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX

+1 J Lynch is human and lets face it, he didn't really have a bad game all season. I think he is a good enough player where he will learn from the game and only get better.
01-06-2013 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.