Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cotton Bowl
Bookmark and Share
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Cotton Bowl
Watching the Cotton bowl and how good Johnny football really is. Our offense reminds me pretty close to the A&M offense, but they spread the ball out and around a bit more. I'm not an Off. Coord., but I think next season we HAVE to spread the ball around more to become a more "complete" offense and keep the D guessing.

Would take a lot more beating off of J Lynch's body from all the hits. I know he is built more like a running back and all that, but the odds of him taking those hits all season again and not getting hurt aren't as good. (I hope and pray that doesn't happen, but when you run like a running back the odds of getting hurt are pretty high) And yes I think this would have helped a lot in the Orange Bowl IMO.
01-04-2013 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
RE: Cotton Bowl
OU getting spanked is a beautiful thing.
01-04-2013 11:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
(01-04-2013 10:55 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Watching the Cotton bowl and how good Johnny football really is. Our offense reminds me pretty close to the A&M offense, but they spread the ball out and around a bit more. I'm not an Off. Coord., but I think next season we HAVE to spread the ball around more to become a more "complete" offense and keep the D guessing.

Would take a lot more beating off of J Lynch's body from all the hits. I know he is built more like a running back and all that, but the odds of him taking those hits all season again and not getting hurt aren't as good. (I hope and pray that doesn't happen, but when you run like a running back the odds of getting hurt are pretty high) And yes I think this would have helped a lot in the Orange Bowl IMO.

Watching and was thinking the same.

That Johnny is something else.
01-04-2013 11:13 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Johnny ftball runs a lot on pass plays. The defense is spread out and he makes up his mind quick and goes. This is exactly what I wanted lynch to do in the Orange Bowl. This is what he needs to do next year instead of running him so much on set running plays. The score of our game was the closet BCS Game except for the Rose Bowl at the start of the 4th quarter! We need Texas A&M to win by more than 21 pts. I also want the title game to be a bigger spread than 21 pts.
01-04-2013 11:19 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
I like it when teams make that Herbstreit character look like an idiot
01-04-2013 11:20 PM
Advertisement

niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

I just remembered, The Cotton Bowl is not a BCS Game.
01-04-2013 11:27 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
yeah OU really deserved a BCS bid. Hope that dumb donkey Herbstriet considers this a waste of 4 hrs too
01-04-2013 11:28 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
"Safe"
01-04-2013 11:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Look out Notre Dame. The OU win wasn't as good as it looked on paper.
01-04-2013 11:32 PM
Advertisement

Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
Cotton Bowl
Manziel is a rich man's Lynch...
01-04-2013 11:38 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(01-04-2013 11:19 PM)niu2222 Wrote:  Johnny ftball runs a lot on pass plays. The defense is spread out and he makes up his mind quick and goes. This is exactly what I wanted lynch to do in the Orange Bowl. This is what he needs to do next year instead of running him so much on set running plays. The score of our game was the closet BCS Game except for the Rose Bowl at the start of the 4th quarter! We need Texas A&M to win by more than 21 pts. I also want the title game to be a bigger spread than 21 pts.

I'm perfectly fine with J Lynch running the ball 15x a game and he needs to because hes that good/we need him to, but he needs to do roll outs a bit more. Has way to many runs just straight up the middle and constantly mauled by 3 guys as opposed to a single guy making a tackle on the outside. Manziel rolls out a lot and also runs after the pocket collapses around him.

We also need to utilize some of our big play guys TLL, Akeem, and I think Da'Ron Brown is going to have a great season next year. Watching the tape on Charlie Miller he reminds me of the TLL speed, but a bit stronger body and think he will make an immediate impact. In the first half of the games we rely to much on J Lynch running/conservative play calling and not getting the ball into the hands of some of the play makers. I firmly believed we could averaged another touchdown in almost every game this season if we would have done that (not meaning the blow out games like UMASS and Akron).

Next season we can't always do that and expect to come back after the half, it will burn us once.
01-04-2013 11:40 PM
niu2222 Offline
Special Teams

Manziel takes off and runs even when there is no pressure, if he sees a opening. He makes up his mind very fast. Lynch did this to set up our td , in the Orange Bowl. He needs to do way more of this, next year. Lynch in open space is almost as dangerous as Manziel.
01-05-2013 12:06 AM
NIU17 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(01-04-2013 11:20 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I like it when teams make that Herbstreit character look like an idiot

+1000. Besides the NIU bashing, he was also talking about how the sugar bowl would probably have a bigger crowd if Oklahoma replaced Louisville. Then Louisville spanked Florida. And OK got spanked. Would have been a perfect season if NIU made a few more plays. But it's still nice to see him look like the ass clown he is.
01-05-2013 03:24 PM
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(01-05-2013 12:06 AM)niu2222 Wrote:  Manziel takes off and runs even when there is no pressure, if he sees a opening. He makes up his mind very fast. Lynch did this to set up our td , in the Orange Bowl. He needs to do way more of this, next year. Lynch in open space is almost as dangerous as Manziel.

Lynch is good but watching Manziel had me, all by myself, jumping up and saying "Holy ****!"
01-05-2013 03:45 PM
NIUslumo Offline
1st String

(01-05-2013 03:45 PM)niuguy Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 12:06 AM)niu2222 Wrote:  Manziel takes off and runs even when there is no pressure, if he sees a opening. He makes up his mind very fast. Lynch did this to set up our td , in the Orange Bowl. He needs to do way more of this, next year. Lynch in open space is almost as dangerous as Manziel.

Lynch is good but watching Manziel had me, all by myself, jumping up and saying "Holy ****!"

He is so fast. I obviously didn't watch as much Texas A&M as I should've been this year. Those guys are exciting to watch. Man, can Manziel turn the corner too. It's really the difference between him and Lynch. Lynch can bulldoze over the middle, and Manziel has the elite speed.
01-05-2013 05:35 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(01-04-2013 11:02 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  OU getting spanked is a beautiful thing.

It sure is. I am thinking that they didn't belong ... poor poor Oklahoma. Missing out on the OB. 03-lmfao
01-06-2013 12:22 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Nice job Oklahoma. 03-lmfao
01-06-2013 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.